What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Im working on showing my 5 resets back to back in a video. as they are the only thing my grodd can do. IF some one can block those things..... im dead..... and they are all gimicks

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
HOw dO yOu USe HiS luNgE CanCELs? aS iN wHat ConTExT dO yOu UsE tHEm iN? bEFoRe aND aFtER whAt MoVeS? Is thIS aS AnOYinG As I hOPe it iS!??
IN THE NEUTRAL I FEEL ITS STRONG. LIKE FAR LEAP INTO 2,2 OR SWEEP OR ILL BE ENDING MY COMBOS IN LUNGE CANCEL THROW. THE DIRT THO IS LUNGE CANCEL INTO MB STAMPEDE.

I think with trait active, far lunge into db2 would catch people off guard. You should try that if you have consistency on your side.... not to mention the pressure options you have after that.....

I think the problem is once again for this cancel is, high execution for low pay off.

IF his high execution was for 700 hit dmg combos, that makes sense. However, hard execution in the neutral just leads to..... a pressure tool... with the likely hood to eff it up? batman and super man have free pressure with their eyes closed. And you know what? it doesn't matter how good their pressure is, cause the right read can reverse it... same goes for grodd's cancels. Why bother with difficult execution if the pay of is minimal.

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I pretty much main grodd now and I can allllllmost confirm that 22 ground pound pressure is kind of legit. Don't get me wrong, it's not good pressure but it imo is the most realistic pressure he has.

I've seen all the top players that supposedly have the cancels down but when it comes down to pressure time, they would mess up at least 50% of the time. The lounge cancel pressure is even harder..

So here is the shitty mind game.

22GP on block has a gap that yea you can njp/mb b3/ and even just a fast normal.

The thing is that it has an awkward timing so it'll hit people all the time.

When people start interrupting it, you can do 22 1+3 and the pounce will eat up any normal/njp/ or mb b3 attempt for full combo.

Obviously that's punishable but that is where the mind game comes to play.

You can also pepper in 22 mb f3 cancels for a nice 40% reset that will catch 90% of people once you condition them.

Like I said it's not perfect but it's worked to a certain degree against some really good players so just sharing

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Also who ever said you can backdash his b1 after his reset is a liar. If timed right, you have to respect it.

This opens up other possibilities like delay b1 and grab mixups that were said to "not exist"

Also who ever said you can backdash his b1 after his reset is a liar. If timed right, you have to respect it.

This opens up other possibilities like delay b1 and grab mixups that were said to "not exist"
problem with delaying the b1 is sometimes it wants to be super aids and whiff the grab

Last edited:
I think with trait active, far lunge into db2 would catch people off guard. You should try that if you have consistency on your side.... not to mention the pressure options you have after that.....

I think the problem is once again for this cancel is, high execution for low pay off.

IF his high execution was for 700 hit dmg combos, that makes sense. However, hard execution in the neutral just leads to..... a pressure tool... with the likely hood to eff it up? batman and super man have free pressure with their eyes closed. And you know what? it doesn't matter how good their pressure is, cause the right read can reverse it... same goes for grodd's cancels. Why bother with difficult execution if the pay of is minimal.
Meh grodds damage makes up for it lol it can get pretty insane and with trait on it gets even crazier

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
J2 ender is still really good just because you can mix it up with b1/grab/shimmy. Grab beats everything but throw techs, backdashes, and jumps. B1 will beat BDs and jumps, and throw techs are beaten by jumps (slayer shimmy ayyyy).

I'd say WoWo, Aquaman are ass but Deadshot, Batman are fucked as well just beacuse of the fact they have bars for days and leaping is a guess

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Deadshot is not a bad MU,
Robin and WW are the worst for me atm. Grodd tends to lose matchups where he fights someone with stronger neutral or better rushdown than himself.

Btw goonie against Atro just go into trait then projectile immunity as soon as he traits up and you've effectively nullified dexstarr. Makes the MU much easier.

I haven't played many Aquaman players since the patch but it was very tough before he got nerfed.

How do you approach Deadshot? Cause to me it's something I can't deal with in my mind, what's the fuckin point is always my question when I see him shooting...

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
How do you approach Deadshot? Cause to me it's something I can't deal with in my mind, what's the fuckin point is always my question when I see him shooting...
Walk and block and use MB stampede to get in. You've got to get a read on his guns and leap to grab works well for me. I find it a difficult match-up.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Walk and block and use MB stampede to get in. You've got to get a read on his guns and leap to grab works well for me. I find it a difficult match-up.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Leap between straight shots, once he respects leap he can't just machine gun them anymore. If he hesitates get projectile immunity out or walk in. Convert every hit into a burst setup or restand and never let him get away.

It's a very boring matchup and you need godlike patience in long sets but it's no worse than 5-5 imo.

Leap between straight shots, once he respects leap he can't just machine gun them anymore. If he hesitates get projectile immunity out or walk in. Convert every hit into a burst setup or restand and never let him get away.

It's a very boring matchup and you need godlike patience in long sets but it's no worse than 5-5 imo.
Ok man, I'll try that. The problem is I easily get triggered and all my patience I have can be gone in a second lol

You mean...... Grodd like patience.....

sorry