Who were you rooting for/

• Goku

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Superman

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Didn't a fight between Superman and Thor actually occur in a comic, with Superman winning?
It did, Thor has grown a lot more in abilities and strength since that series though, one being Thor's acquisition of the God Blast. It could honestly be a different fight if they were to meet all over again.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Here's why Goku wins. Goku figures out the sun is giving him power, instant transmission him to a place without a Sun or whatever type of rays he need. Simple as that.

LBSH Dr Manhattan would fuck everybody up.
The Spectre. He's a fucking "GOD".

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Here's why Goku wins. Goku figures out the sun is giving him power, instant transmission him to a place without a Sun or whatever type of rays he need. Simple as that.

How do you just figure something like that out while he's beating your ass?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Oh ok, like I said I haven't gotten to watch the video yet lol.
Basically, if it was a death battle, Goku never plans to lose if its serious enough. He saw the power came from the sun, instant transmission to King Kais planet and there you go.

Supermans stored power may not be enough, considering Goku loves to drag his fights out over many many many many episodes

I love when fights like this go down, it really gets peoples pressure up something terrible lmao. I am a huge DBZ, Marvel and DC fan. Discussing these match ups is a lot of fun, but what I ALWAYS tell people is not to put too much stock into the outcomes. What we all have learned over the years is that its all at the mercy of the writers. It honestly 100% does not matter what each characters talents/abilities are. If the writer wants to write a story about how the all powerful loses to someone with way less ability they will do so. For example, Squirrel Girl has defeated Thanos, Doctor Doom, MODOK, Dead Pool, Wolverine and many others who were just flat out better than her, lol. Now ask anyone who is more powerful and would win in a fight between SG and those characters I just named, no one is going to say SG, but she won cause the writers wrote it that way. Its all in fun and to spark these debates we have. Social media has exploded with debates over the Supes and Goku battle and its very heated lmao Im just trying to put things back in perspective. Now, all that being said, I actually like both characters equally, but I did wear my Superman shirt today after I saw the outcome lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Basically, if it was a death battle, Goku never plans to lose if its serious enough. He saw the power came from the sun, instant transmission to King Kais planet and there you go.

Supermans stored power may not be enough, considering Goku loves to drag his fights out over many many many many episodes
Alright well that makes sense now, but question two is, how the hell do you try to transmit a guy who is just as fast and atm possibly stronger than you are? Just try to grab him and hope you don't get punched through a couple of buildings in the process?

Gimmick

Noob
Superman has xray vision and stares at the sun for power, his eyes are irradiated enough. I don't think a solar flare will do much.
Dude, im sure Goku is at LEAST capable of touching superman long enough to instant tele him somewhere. Like the vid said, it's instant.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
DC top 5 vs Marvel top would never end on the DC side I couldn't say I do know that Marvels top 5 Blue Marvel, Hulk, Thor, Sentry, and Silver Surfer would survive for quite some time.
Blue Marvel abilities Are on equal levels of supes, but without a limiting factor such as sunlight.

Hulk is so powerful that his strength can break dimensional barriers, and has the ability to adapt to whatever situation he is in, not to mention his strength is finite, at max levels he has even beaten Mephisto the king of hell and brought people back to life with his gamma radiation and with a single step send the equivalent of 16 city blocks rising into the sky. His healing factor is Good enough that even if one cell of him remains he will regenerate back to life. He has even been shown to be able to life Thor's hammer with extreme strength.

sentry is a superman clone but also has no limiting factor. He is mentally unstable, but at max ability has never been shown. His greatest feat is being taken out of history by an evil witch by her going back and making sure he never happens and he somehow came back to rip her in half.

Thor the Norse god of Thunder and Storms. Thor on multiple occasions has shown abilities that rival those of hulk, sentry, and other Marvel greats. He is strong enough to do battle with Surtur, and can manipulate his energy into a godblast. Not to mention he now weilds the power of the odin force.

The Silver Surfer can manipulate the power cosmic, and has been shown to wield it the most effectively outside of Galactus. The surfer requires no nourishment, and lives only on the power cosmic meaning he is invulnerable to temperature extremes. The surfer is all, but indestructible, and has power in finite levels as long as he is in service to galactus.

I will still give to DC though. The flash is just too broken.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Dude, im sure Goku is at LEAST capable of touching superman long enough to instant tele him somewhere. Like the vid said, it's instant.
It's only instant because Goku is moving at the speed of light, which Superman can do. Who is to say that Superman won't just strong arm him off of him to prevent this.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Solar flare -> Instant transmission
Didn't superman punch him while he tried that in the video? Also Supes would be recharged, and still stronger than him. Couldn't he now that there was nothing to destroy or hurt not hold back. With his power pole gone, and him being worse for wear, it would be an uphill battle for him.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
DC top 5 vs Marvel top would never end on the DC side I couldn't say I do know that Marvels top 5 Blue Marvel, Hulk, Thor, Sentry, and Silver Surfer would survive for quite some time.
Blue Marvel abilities Are on equal levels of supes, but without a limiting factor such as sunlight.

Hulk is so powerful that his strength can break dimensional barriers, and has the ability to adapt to whatever situation he is in, not to mention his strength is finite, at max levels he has even beaten Mephisto the king of hell and brought people back to life with his gamma radiation and with a single step send the equivalent of 16 city blocks rising into the sky. His healing factor is Good enough that even if one cell of him remains he will regenerate back to life. He has even been shown to be able to life Thor's hammer with extreme strength.

sentry is a superman clone but also has no limiting factor. He is mentally unstable, but at max ability has never been shown. His greatest feat is being taken out of history by an evil witch by her going back and making sure he never happens and he somehow came back to rip her in half.

Thor the Norse god of Thunder and Storms. Thor on multiple occasions has shown abilities that rival those of hulk, sentry, and other Marvel greats. He is strong enough to do battle with Surtur, and can manipulate his energy into a godblast. Not to mention he now weilds the power of the odin force.

The Silver Surfer can manipulate the power cosmic, and has been shown to wield it the most effectively outside of Galactus. The surfer requires no nourishment, and lives only on the power cosmic meaning he is invulnerable to temperature extremes. The surfer is all, but indestructible, and has power in finite levels as long as he is in service to galactus.

I will still give to DC though. The flash is just too broken.
Idk if Silver Surfer should count on that list, but then again I'm not sure he shouldn't either hahaha. I feel like he should be considered a cosmic entity and kind of seperated from the rest, I'm pretty sure the surfer is able to create life...

LBSH, Goku would never fight where he has an unfair advantage over his opponent. For God's sake he gave Cell a Senzu Bean to fight at full fower against his own son!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The way they did the mathematics is wrong as well. They didnt count that Kaioken isnt a transormation, its a technique. If he did Kaioken x20 in super saiyan 4, that would make him roughly 5x faster than superman. They obviously got his strength wrong too, considering Vegeta could destroy planets with minimal effort at a powerlevel of 18,00. Almost certain that Goku can lift more than 160k tonnes.