Who were you rooting for/

• Goku

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Superman

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Finally, an unbiased video, for the most part. I would root for Goku, but LBSH, Superman is OP as fuck. In a 1v1 fight, without exploiting Superman's weaknesses (red sun and kryptonite), Goku doesn't stand a chance.

Only reason people always pick Goku in these things is because DBZ fight sequences are exaggerated and over-the-top, while Superman cartoons and movies don't do his powers justice. lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Finally, an unbiased video, for the most part. I would root for Goku, but LBSH, Superman is OP as fuck. In a 1v1 fight, without exploiting Superman's weaknesses (red sun and kryptonite), Goku doesn't stand a chance.

Only reason people always pick Goku in these things is because DBZ fight sequences are exaggerated and over-the-top, while Superman cartoons and movies don't do his powers justice. lol
I'm Joker8417, and I approve this message.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Another thing to take into account is Goku's story and strengths belong to one person's imagination and once person's only, Akira Toriyama. The original creators of Superman did not have him anywhere near as ridiculously over powered as he is today.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Another thing to take into account is Goku's story and strengths belong to one person's imagination and once person's only, Akira Toriyama. The original creators of Superman did not have him anywhere near as ridiculously over powered as he is today.
Just as Goku wasn't as strong as he was at the beginning of his story in Dragonball. Every character makes progress and becomes better.

LanceMonsoon

Just as Goku wasn't as strong as he was at the beginning of his story in Dragonball. Every character makes progress and becomes better.
Yea, character development is always great but in this case, only one character made progress through the original creator's ideas. And LBSH Goku did not become as overpowered as Superman. That dude is ridiculous now.

Reedoms

Noob
Even with multiple writers, he's largely been the same power-wise for the past 30 years with a few discrepancies here and there.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea, character development is always great but in this case, only one character made progress through the original creator's ideas. And LBSH Goku did not become as overpowered as Superman. That dude is ridiculous now.
That's not true either...

Exhibit A

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lol nope.

dat plot armor

And if Goku is allowed to fight at his stronger incarnation so is superman.

Superman Prime punched reality. Literally.
Supermans defence in this argument is that - Superman can do whatever any writer wants him to do.
Goku went through 1 consistent story line, superman didnt. So unless you pick the most consistent one to fight Goku its pointless. DBZ fans could just go and say 'Yea you want superman prime? We'll have Goku super saiyan 10.'

LanceMonsoon

Yeah but in the death battle they were counting his GT powers, super saiyan 4.
So if you're gonna count GT, you've gotta count his immortality.

He's given god status at the end of GT pretty much.
Well SSJ4 and immortality were probably the only 2 good things to come out of GT so thats fine. I didn't watch the entire video so I didn't know they counted GT, because usually nobody does lol.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Supermans defence in this argument is that - Superman can do whatever any writer wants him to do.
Goku went through 1 consistent story line, superman didnt. So unless you pick the most consistent one to fight Goku its pointless. DBZ fans could just go and say 'Yea you want superman prime? We'll have Goku super saiyan 10.'
That's what we've been arguing. Superman is waaaaaaaaaay too broken and BS that the idea that anyone can beat him if he really tried is dumb. The DC trinity is stupid powerful because Superman is well...superman. Batman is plot armor incarnate. Wonder Woman is essentially female Superman.

The video itself explained that its difficult to maintain a consistent power level of Superman who's story is not finite and contained like Goku's, which for the most part has an easy to follow canon.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You know Goku was as strong as superman when he did Kaioken x2 (or 4?)
Add the fact that superman doesnt know how to fight, Goku would fuck him up.
Plus he could just destroy the sun/instant transmission him away.

Also, they didnt take into account the fact that Goku is immortal after GT, so he has no limits.
1. No he aint
2. Superman knows how to fight, he just doesn't have the same training. He doesn't need it much though. Unless the weaknesses are exploited, Goku can't do shit to him.
3. They went over this in the video. If he destroys the sun he'd kill himself too. If he teleported him, he wouldn't know to teleport him to a red sun and could end up under a blue sun.
4. I think they mentioned something like this but I'm not sure. Anyway, if you want that then good luck dealing with this http://superman.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Prime