What's new

Geras General Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 5032
  • Start date

kabelfritz

Warrior
Geras lives the grappler life. You suffer through a ton of lows, but the highs you can experience with him hit better than any other character.
its the range of his limbs that is absolutely killing me as a new player. guy wiffs a d1 point blank if the opponnents duck stance leans back a little. but we'll see if i can adjust.

kabelfritz

Warrior
ok i give up. this is the worst character i have ever seen. he cant do anything in neutral but wait for a mistake from his opponent, then when he finally gets to attack he gets a high risk chance for like 150 damage with a command throw, then throws his opponent to a range he cant get any oki from. w.t.f? i mean, i completely suck ass with the character, i'm not feeling him at all, but i cant even theoretically see how any of this makes a sense.

the best way to to describe my feelings when i play this character is just paralyzed.

Last edited:
Agreed, after 5k games, I'm finally giving up on him. He just doesn't play the same game as everyone else. His kit has so many drawbacks that it feels like playing an MK11 character at points, but with cool gimmicks.
Hyperbole aside, NRS genuinely need to buff the damn character. Tbh I'd say having a non functioning D1 already is hotfix material. With the range that it has, I doubt making it 5-6f on startup would be broken.
Also I'm pretty sad the F12 hit advantage buff made him lose the option to tick throw on hit, if you delay it long enough, but not being punished for being late on a hit confirm makes up for it.

Hmmmmm I’ve just recently picked up Geras and maybe I just haven’t played the best competition but I’ve been seeing a lot of success with him and Motaro. He’s got some of the best whiff punishing buttons and Motaro low blast is pretty much a guaranteed 33/33/33 between command grab, B1, or armor bait.