What's new

Geras General Discussion

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Someone needs to make a brand new thread about New Era's combo issues. This is a fucking joke. Why does 24~BF1 work on a small character like Cassie, but not a big character like Raiden? It's completely inconsistent. The only real starter that New Era has is 11. No other starter reliably combos. Not cool.

Maybe I'll do it with video and shit when I get time. I dont know.

Someone needs to make a brand new thread about New Era's combo issues. This is a fucking joke. Why does 24~BF1 work on a small character like Cassie, but not a big character like Raiden? It's completely inconsistent. The only real starter that New Era has is 11. No other starter reliably combos. Not cool.

Maybe I'll do it with video and shit when I get time. I dont know.
I have had hit box issues using Infinite Warden too. So much so I only use 1,1 to start some of the bigger combos.

Ive found after testing that some combo strings have to be changed or shortened against smaller opponents.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I have had hit box issues using Infinite Warden too. So much so I only use 1,1 to start some of the bigger combos.

Ive found after testing that some combo strings have to be changed or shortened against smaller opponents.
Yeah, I've been playing IW as well. At least he can use every single starter into BF2 and land the combo though. What long combo are you having issues with as IW? I don't seem to have any trouble at all.

Vagrant

Noob
Just random notes from this morning.

f2 xx command grab , they can jump out of. Does not look like it can be interrupted with buttons.
f2 2 they can jump out of and probably interrupt with buttons.
f21 is a clean string and they'll eat it if they expect grab/low after f2 and try anything.

Vagrant

Noob
Another thing I noticed. F22 will catch people who are walking back trying to whiff punish the f2 string because if they're walking back they aren't blocking low.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
How do you guys approach neutral with Geras? I played online for the first time yesterday and could not really figure out how to approach characters with good range :/ I feel like not a lot of his strings arent very good a mid range. The range on f212 for example is ok, but not great either, it can get outspaced by lots of stuff.

Thanks for your input :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
From Jade GD, possible learning material for the Geras boys, too?

Winners Finals and Grand Finals vs BurritoVoorhees at Mortal Mayhem today!

I lost, but fun games overall! I saw a lot of stuff and definitely learned. Made some pretty notable mistakes, but overall, this likely will be a basic outline of ED Jade vs NE Geras.

The second set, Grand Finals, you can see I discovered that pillar is indeed a projectile, so glow works! That was the one thing I was wondering during the Winners Finals set, but didn't want to experiment with, as I wasn't sure if he'd actually sand trap instead. Burrito and I talked, and he even mentions in the post-tourney interview, air glaive really makes the matchup a lot closer to even. I think what will be imperative is taking advantage of every spot we can potentially glow, as it allows us to do low air glaives without as much fear of the knockdown. Up close, Geras is Geras lol, but d4 is important to use. We'll figure out more on the matchup as we play more.

jmt

Noob
Anyone ever have issue switch f221+3?

Sometimes the grab won’t come out and I’m I Nottingham it perfectly.

It’s very strange.

latif

Noob
which tournament version do you guys think is better/stronger? Is there one that has an advantage over the other? I am about to hit the lab HARD with Geras and I want to learn the variation that is looking to be stronger first <3 thank you

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
which tournament version do you guys think is better/stronger? Is there one that has an advantage over the other? I am about to hit the lab HARD with Geras and I want to learn the variation that is looking to be stronger first <3 thank you
I think they are both viable.

Infinite warden has better neutral/midscreen presence due to much stronger midscreen combo damage. Also his version of sand pit is stronger in anti zoning wars.

New Era is better as an actual zoner + tick throws. Lots of unique pressure with sand pillar clocks. Rewind is occasionally useful but not a big deal.

I personally feel new era is slightly better if only because it has a better matchup against people in general. Anyone who wants to do air fireballs or stuff like that warden is pretty helpless, while sand pillar is like effectively unjumpable.

jmt

Noob
Infinite Warden is definitely better. I was playing new era but IW is just better all around for sure.

fireborg

Noob
ok, so one of the reasons i play IW is obviously because after quick sand you have perfect oki - right next to the opponent.
so i am trying to end most of my combos in quick sand instead of BF2 as well, same damage + amazing oki. problem is the physics are weird and quick sand hits or doesn't super randomly. anyone can advise on that?

alternatively you can go for F1,grab,quick stand to end a combo which always hits, but the inputs are weird and much harder

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What the fuck is up with Sand Trap on New Era? The Krushing Blow rarely works. Opponent is clearly stand blocking and eats the Sand Trap so where's my god damn Krushing Blow?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Anyone else think it should be easier to unlock clothes for beefcake? Im not a robophobe, but he needs some clothes...spent 3 million in krypt....got sexy Sonya track suit skin! ...NO fuggin clothes for beefcake!

I will summon a koin tower just for this (i have 4 konsumables for those) and I will double my rewards...but it shouldnt be this hard to unlock clothes for Geras! Fuggin NRS RACK OFF!

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
alternatively you can go for F1,grab,quick stand to end a combo which always hits, but the inputs are weird and much harder
Why are the inputs weird? f1, 1+3, df1

It's the reverse of the usual db1 for sand but I hit it 100% of the time.

fireborg

Noob
ok
Why are the inputs weird? f1, 1+3, df1

It's the reverse of the usual db1 for sand but I hit it 100% of the time.
dont know just dont felt right to me, but now i hit as well. its the only guaranteed way i think .. otherwise is inconsistent as hell to the point i m thinking if its a bug

I have to say that at first I thought Geras was really strong buthonestly, he has nothing. His specials are too slow, he's easily pressured and easily blocked and then powerless. Yes he has a lot of stuff that's safe on block but he can't do anything with it. All his strings seem very predictable. What am I missing?

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Anyone ever have issue switch f221+3?

Sometimes the grab won’t come out and I’m I Nottingham it perfectly.

It’s very strange.
I noticed that if u hit the second 2 too far away, he will whiff the grab ender. Its super annoying when that happens, especially when it should be a kb

Reactions: jmt

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Although I do think this character is very good and more than likely top 3, I do believe people are overrating him.

They are making him seem godlike automatic number one by far..

He does have some semi weaknesses:
His d2 has a pretty terrible hitbox and it doesnt lower his hitbox much if at all
Although his f212 string is very good, it is not staggerable
His one true mixup starts off of a high stubby standing one

Im obviously not saying he needs anything fixed/buffed but i thin he is slightly overrated right now. Still possibly top three even potential best in the game