What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think air rifle loop is always the more damaging option after fully charged laser, but scaling after mb laser, slash x3, trait grab, might change what is optimal. I'll check it out later!
I can't start any rife loop stuff after that. They fall too fast for the first j2 xx rifle to connect

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I can't start any rife loop stuff after that. They fall too fast for the first j2 xx rifle to connect
I checked it out, and you can do 2x j2 air rifle and dash in to combo, but as you say, they fall too fast for it to be reliable. Btw, always start air fireball loops with j2 fast rifle. This gives you the most time to jump up and continue the combo.

Seems the best (most consistent) option after mb laser, slash x3 trait grab is:
charge laser, b3, j3, 123 xx ender (51% with charge ender)

insignis

Noob
weird, do you do neutral j2~rifle? sometimes they fall too fast before second rifle but I never dropped before the first one oO
I checked it out, and you can do 2x j2 air rifle and dash in to combo, but as you say, they fall too fast for it to be reliable. Btw, always start air fireball loops with j2 fast rifle. This gives you the most time to jump up and continue the combo.

I fail to do grab after third slash, everything else is easy...anyway damage difference is little ~3-4%
btw funny, but I prefer to do slow rifle in the beggining and fast for the second hit :) and mid one for bounces.

aaaand I just noticed that if demon starts slashes too early you'll lose some damage...so you need to let lasers do the first hits

EGP Wonder_Chef

Okay yeah that's what I've been doing, but I don't do 3 slashes, just 2. It's very damaging and very consistent.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
this is the longest combo ive done after a trait grab. can it be improved so I can have the trait recharged after the combo?

trait grab, ground laser charge, b3, ji3, 12 xx MB close ground laser, dash 123 xx MB phantom zone. then fire a slow ball and charge a fullscreen ground laser til it explodes. trait should be regenerated after that.

olvaha

Noob
I'm having trouble getting people off me. People seem to abuse the jump-ins on me all the time.
What are some good anti-airs with Zod? I feel like his uppercut trades or loses all the time :(
Notable examples: Scorpion, Batman

JUst started playing with Zod, he is so much fun

SimSim

I'm having trouble getting people off me. People seem to abuse the jump-ins on me all the time.
What are some good anti-airs with Zod? I feel like his uppercut trades or loses all the time :(

Yea this is a problem. Try to anti air pre emptively with jump back 1 or simply jump and react to their jump with bf2.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Just try and dash away from them. Either dash under them or use his great backdash to get away.

SimSim

Longest combo I could do at fortress of solitude, with trait to trait in mind:

Opponent in left corner:

Trait grab: cross up j2, 22 xx Interactable, j2 xx air rifle, j2 xx air rifle, dash, 12 xx Interactable, j2 air rifle, dash, 12 xx bf3 MB, trait

This lets you have trait out and ready to attack as the opponent gets up from the ground (Maybe a little after)

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Also just some simple stuff, but if you land B23 in the corner I think this is the optimal combo.

couldnt get that so i just did f21u2 rifle j2 rifle j2 rifle f213 zod charge in the corner and got 41%
i cant lant that f3 when he's falling :mad:

Combo costs 3 meters but you basically have trait again immediately.
End is just 'swagging out'

Not sure if viable due to 3 meters but il check it out in some actual matches and see. Itd be awesome if you could get phantom zone at the end instead but I don't think you can

AK Pig Of The Hut
@wonderchef

SimSim please make this better

Oh it looks like zero hundred already uploaded better ones good shit

The one he posted doesn't work on lex however which is too bad

SimSim

I don't know if it will ever be worth the meter, but by doing b12 xx qcfMB in the corner, you get a low->high string that is safe on block, combos on hit from the b1, and leads to 40+ damage in the + set up after:

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
What are you guys using for main bnbs?

Zod players here I believe have different BnBs.

For me. When opponent is not used to blocking low, this is my go to BNB.
(midscreen) f21u2 xx slow ball, ji2 xx normal ball, dash, 123 xx trait setup
(corner) f21u2 xx slow ball, j2 xx fast ball, j2 xx normal ball, 123 xx trait setup

when hit by 2 = 213, dash, 12 xx MB close ground laser, dash, 123 xx trait setup

mixups when 2 is blocked:
low = 21 xx MB close ground laser, ji3, 123 xx trait setup
overhead = 213 xx MB ground laser, dash, 123 xx trait setup

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Not sure if viable due to 3 meters but il check it out in some actual matches and see. Itd be awesome if you could get phantom zone at the end instead but I don't think you can

AK Pig Of The Hut
@wonderchef

Awesome!!!!!!

I'd totally do this

EGP Wonder_Chef

AK Pig Of The Hut
@wonderchef

Bro he's dead.

He's dead bro.

Stop hitting him he's dead.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

AK Pig Of The Hut
@wonderchef

Was that first part 37%? W trait regen?

Btw also I wanna tag rev0lver for the video :)