What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Anyone know the Zod corner combo with the air fireball ? Wonderchef did it and it looked shazzy with no trait.

I know it has been mentioned that ending corner combos with 123 xx laser charge dash cancel will make the opponent reversal the wrong way, but you can simply end it with 123 by itself and dash to get the same result. My corner combos:

f21u2 xx fast ball, neutral jump 2 xx normal ball, neutral jump 2 xx slow ball, f3, 123, dash (Opponent reversals the wrong way)
f21u2 xx fast ball, neutral jump 2 xx normal ball, neutral jump 2 xx slow ball, f3, d12 xx close ground laser charge (Meaty when charged until end) - Mostly safe on block or even if someone reversals through because of insanely fast recovery.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Noteworthy that it doesn't matter what order you do the Zodballs in, as long as you don't use the same one twice in the combo. I do regular/slow/fast but other ways work too.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
But it does matter when you take timing in to account. With fast fireball first it seems like you get the most amount of time to follow up with the jump 2, and by ending with slow fireball you can hit the jump 2 cancel as early as possible and the fireball will still hit.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
But it does matter when you take timing in to account. With fast fireball first it seems like you get the most amount of time to follow up with the jump 2, and by ending with slow fireball you can hit the jump 2 cancel as early as possible and the fireball will still hit.
It does change timing, but since I do regular/slow/fast all the time, the timing never changes. I prefer regular/slow because I can adjust and throw in a B3 and extend the combo out of the corner with MB Ground Blast. It's pretty much just preference.

Has anyone noticed that if after a MB BF3 in the corner Zod neutral jumps he'll land BEHIND the opponent?If you use NJ3 in that situation most wakeups whill whiff, if you delay NJ3 you'll land in his face.

AYEAHMAN

Why So Serious.
This has got to be one of the most easy and damaging combo for zod. Only requires 2 bars of meter and no trait is needed. ( if you do use trait it drops the damage down %3) This combo is perfect for stating a match if you can connect with the first hit.

Jump in with 3, then 1-2-MB close laser while opponent is still in the air, then jump in with 3 again and immediately do MB Zod Charge (B-F-2) while still in air from the MB laser pop up, and you will just have taken %45 off your opponent's life bar. Like i said if you use trait it will drop the damage down to %42. Its that easy.

So its (J in 3) (1-2 MB close Laser) (J in 3) (MB Zod Charge Air)

Ji3-1-2-D-Bb-2-MB-Ji3-B-F-2-MB=%45

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
This has got to be one of the most easy and damaging combo for zod. Only requires 2 bars of meter and no trait is needed. ( if you do use trait it drops the damage down %3) This combo is perfect for stating a match if you can connect with the first hit.

Jump in with 3, then 1-2-MB close laser while opponent is still in the air, then jump in with 3 again and immediately do MB Zod Charge (B-F-2) while still in air from the MB laser pop up, and you will just have taken %45 off your opponent's life bar. Like i said if you use trait it will drop the damage down to %42. Its that easy.

So its (J in 3) (1-2 MB close Laser) (J in 3) (MB Zod Charge Air)

Ji3-1-2-D-Bb-2-MB-Ji3-B-F-2-MB=%45
You can get more with D12 after the 2nd JI3. I got 44% for 1 bar.

Radish

Defining Definitions
Yeah, definitely more worth it to learn to get the D12 in. I don't like wasting two bars on a combo unless I really have to since it's better saved f. If I can get 44% with one meter that requires just a little more execution I will. It's a good combo though regardless and if you don't blow that second MB but leave it the way you have it it still does 41%, which is really nice. It's great for after you get a knockdown.

does anyone want to head into training mode with zod, my xbox live account is lx Gun Stone lx. I know a few set ups and how to confirm combos with trait from either low or overheads. I also know full screen mixups for full combos

D1 into that is very good and it's meaty enough to allow you to block most wake ups. Don't worry, it'll be gone soon cus it's 'too good' sigh

I didn't realize you could combo into krypton rifle from b12. That's Rpreeaallly good in trait pressure god damn

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
D1 into that is very good and it's meaty enough to allow you to block most wake ups. Don't worry, it'll be gone soon cus it's 'too good' sigh

I didn't realize you could combo into krypton rifle from b12. That's Rpreeaallly good in trait pressure god damn
I've been toying with B12 MB zodballs lately, and up close on block all 3 Zodballs will connect and give more block advantage.
And since you have trait out, you don't have to worry about the 3rd MB Zodball missing, since you can just Wraith Grab them if the low catches them. Adding a Wraith Slash in between the B12 and MB Zodballs covers up any holes in the string, but it's pretty intense timing on everything, since you have to input B12 xx Zodball, then Slash after the B12 and immediately hit MB as the Zodball comes out.

So altogether it looks like this:

Trait summon, B12 (Wraith Slash) xx MB Zodball, Wraith Slash, Wraith Grab, Full Charge Ground Blast, B3, J3, 123 xx Zod Charge for 48%.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
If someone could gather all the good useful combos that have been posted since I last updated the OP into one message and tag me in it I'd really appreciate it.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Ok, so I'm really working hard on leveling up my Zod. Among other things, I really need to start maximizing my damage off of d2. IMO, his d2 is really fucking underrated . . . I seem to land it rather consistently in a variety of situations. So, I'm looking for his most damaging/practical combo off of a landed d2. In hastily searching this thread, the best one I've come across is:

d2, j2 (Air) Kryptonian Rifle, dash, 123 Zod Charge - 24%

Is this my best option? Are there Any other suggested combos that I'm missing? Thanks.

insignis

Noob
Ok, so I'm really working hard on leveling up my Zod. Among other things, I really need to start maximizing my damage off of d2. IMO, his d2 is really fucking underrated . . . I seem to land it rather consistently in a variety of situations. So, I'm looking for his most damaging/practical combo off of a landed d2. In hastily searching this thread, the best one I've come across is:

Is this my best option? Are there Any other suggested combos that I'm missing? Thanks.
from AA d2 I was able to do two balls.
But after plain d2 I can't do any j2 and do simple f213 which sometimes whiffs with the last hit :(

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I had same problem

HEres solution

D2 f21 MB ground laser dash f21 ZC/PS 27%

No meter I just do yours but the problem w one u listed is it works best if u d2 them as a AA

Otherwise d2 f213 ZC or d2 f213 ps