What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
btw ending corner combos in d12 > dash through > corner interactable has been working REALLY well for me.

Will NRS be kind and let Zod keep it, that's the question! I swear I get so excited by his knock down stuff, but then I remember that 70% of it might go away with the next patch!:(

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I just recently started ending my combos in d1,4 instead of 1234. Im loving the opponent's distance after a d1!

Anyway,
I need to maximize my damage from the d12 though, I feel like 28% using 1 bar is kind of impractical.
I'm thinking:
d12 xx MB ground laser, dash, nj2 xx fast zod ball, dash , d1 -- i think its around 36%

But the timing on the nj2 is very strict IMO. Any other d12 combos which I can use to maximize damage?

SimSim

I just recently started ending my combos in d1,4 instead of 1234. Im loving the opponent's distance after a d1!

Anyway,
I need to maximize my damage from the d12 though, I feel like 28% using 1 bar is kind of impractical.
I'm thinking:
d12 xx MB ground laser, dash, nj2 xx fast zod ball, dash , d1 -- i think its around 36%

But the timing on the nj2 is very strict IMO. Any other d12 combos which I can use to maximize damage?
d12 xx close mb laser, j2 (Do it as late as you can in the jump) xx air rifle (Fast one-Important!), dash, ender :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Anyway,
I'm thinking:

Also d12 MB laser ji3 f21 ender

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
My BnB lately that I have been using is an easy 40% with trait no meter. 1,1, D2; trait slash, 1,1,2; trait slash; 1,2,3-ender. If you use ex ender its 44%. Good with sim sim's latest trait mixes with 1,1,D2. Can't connect F2,1,3 with it however after 2nd trait slash. I don't think this variation was one of Sim's but close to some of his, but for me easy to execute online.

SimSim

My BnB lately that I have been using is an easy 40% with trait no meter. 1,1, D2; trait slash, 1,1,2; trait slash; 1,2,3-ender. If you use ex ender its 44%. Good with sim sim's latest trait mixes with 1,1,D2. Can't connect F2,1,3 with it however after 2nd trait slash. I don't think this variation was one of Sim's but close to some of his, but for me easy to execute online.
My version was:
11d2, slash, f2, slash, 12 MB laser, dash, 123 xx ender (About 52% with 1 bar for the MB laser)

You can probably up the damage even more by replacing the f2, slash with 3, slash, but I find that much tighter to execute.

The Farmer

My version was:
11d2, slash, f2, slash, 12 MB laser, dash, 123 xx ender (About 52% with 1 bar for the MB laser)

You can probably up the damage even more by replacing the f2, slash with 3, slash, but I find that much tighter to execute.
Gotcha, that's a sexy string. Mine is for anyone interested in conserving meter.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
My version was:

Hey man, I wont be able to test things out til the weekend, but is the timing of 4, 11, d4 combo similar to the timing of 4,f2,d4?

thanks!

vlack

Low/Mid Characters Are The Best xD
well I found something that may be a possible new reset with zod using trait but not is discovered by me rather it was discovered by DEMONN COLOSO Here you can see it for yourself:

Ryskew

Noob
This thread is AMAZING. Would just like to say thanks to the community who contributed, it has helped me a lot with zod.

The Farmer

45 percent trait no meter- Activate trait; F2,1,3; trait slash ; 3-instant trait slash; 3-instant trait slash; 1,2,3-ender. 50 percent center interactable wall bounce no meter- Activate trait; F2,1,3; trait slash ; 3-instant trait slash; 3-instant trait slash; 1,2, Interactable kick launcher; J3-instant ZodCharge.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
112~DB2 MB, Ji3, BF3. 34%

I've been using this as a punisher. Worth it?
can u slip in a f21 in there after the jump 3 for abit more damage or is the opponent too far away for it to hit? I don't use 112 alot,I prefer just f21 mb close laser.

The Farmer

Some strings/specials you can punish with F2 strings. If you can, the F2 strings are what you want. I would only use 112,or 123 if there is small window to punish.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron

I don't know this has been posted, but it works, which is kind of funny. I guess the unclashable damage at the end is worth something?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I was looking at the MB Ground blast to b3 combos, and different strings lead to it with or without a dash in between, but it depends on the size of the opponent. d12 seems to always work, so that might be a good idea for quick punishes. Different things happen when they block your string, but don't block the lazer, too. I might test everything and compile the data, would anyone be interested in that?

I know this is known, but being able to get 45% reliably off of a 7-frame move is big. I need to make sure it works on the whole cast, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Thead

Noob
43% Meterless Traitless Practical Midscreen Combo.

B3, Forward Dash, NJ2~Air Kryptonian Rifle Slow (inputs reversed), NJ2~Air Kryptonian Rifle, Foward Dash, NJ2~Air Kryptonian Rifle Fast, Foward Dash, 112~Zod Charge/Phantom Blast - 43%/42%

Can end with 123 for 40%.

It doesn't matter what distance you land the B3 from, you can still perform the combo. Just started using Zod, but with damage like that I'm gonna start looking into setups where I can threaten B3 MB/B3 Dash Cancel on opponents wakeup.

AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim
EGP Wonder_Chef
Phosferrax

SimSim

43% Meterless Traitless Practical Midscreen Combo.

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/user/RGThead#/watch?v=8G4zXtwYe5U&feature=c4-feed-u[/youtube]

B3, Forward Dash, NJ2~Air Kryptonian Rifle Slow (inputs reversed), NJ2~Air Kryptonian Rifle, Foward Dash, NJ2~Air Kryptonian Rifle Fast, Foward Dash, 112~Zod Charge/Phantom Blast - 43%/42%

Can end with 123 for 40%.

It doesn't matter what distance you land the B3 from, you can still perform the combo. Just started using Zod, but with damage like that I'm gonna start looking into setups where I can threaten B3 MB/B3 Dash Cancel on opponents wakeup.

AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim
EGP Wonder_Chef
Phosferrax

Good stuff, but I can't believe it is that practical? I have tried the 3x j.2 rifle combo a lot of times mid screen and I can't do it more than maybe 1/20. Is it easier after b3?

Thead

Noob
Good stuff, but I can't believe it is that practical? I have tried the 3x j.2 rifle combo a lot of times mid screen and I can't do it more than maybe 1/20. Is it easier after b3?
Ok sorted the video out. Yeah it's fairly easy after B3, I've only been playing Zod about an hour and I've got it down.

Once you've dashed after B3, your NJ2 should Cross Under, hence the reverse inputs for the first Air Kryptonian Rifle. You can use any variation of speeds with the Air Rifle, but the order I do it in is the most lenient in timing of the NJ2's by far.

Also, the first two NJ2 Kryptonian Air Rifles are more important on timing than the last, if you can get the first one (Slow) earlyish, and the second (Normal) near instant [but doesn't have to be], you have all the time in the world to dash forward and wait to time your third NJ2.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
this is very nice stuff thead,well done.you fucking cheap bastard! I can't even get that damage with one bar with zod lol!

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Max damage without trait, meter or interactables?

(corner) Full charge Ground Blast, J2 xx Air Zodball, J2 xx Slow Air Zodball, J2 xx Fast Air Zodball, F3, 123 xx Zod Charge = 49%

In the corner, ending a combo into 123 xx Laser full charge/charge dash to reverse their wake up is doing pretty fun things for me. Really fun seeing a GL Lift the wrong way.