What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

i worked thease out in training last night, im on a night shift so cant check if they been posted up, but im not sure they will have, sorry for the slight speed up at the end of recording, still getting to grips with my hd software, if u like the combos, let me know looking to start working out lots and posting up on my channel :)

regulas

Your Emporer
213~Ground Blast~brief charge~MB, Dash, F213~Zod Charge - 34%.
213~Ground Blast~brief charge~MB, Zod Charge - 29%

Honestly the other 213 combo's listed have pretty silly tight timings, which seem to vary depending on the enemy hitbox's , that I would worry about being able to pull them off consistently.In all 21~Ground Blast, and 213 Ground blast would likely be my primary mix-up.

What I listed here is in contrast extremely easy to do, also the slight charge both guarantees it hits all characters but more importantly causes 2% more damage because otherwise the first hit of the ground blast will actually miss and they only get hit by the second hit. (As an added note first and last hit of MB GB deal more damage then the rest of the hits)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
213~Ground Blast~brief charge~MB, Dash, F213~Zod Charge - 34%.
213~Ground Blast~brief charge~MB, Zod Charge - 29%

Honestly the other 213 combo's listed have pretty silly tight timings, which seem to vary depending on the enemy hitbox's , that I would worry about being able to pull them off consistently.In all 21~Ground Blast, and 213 Ground blast would likely be my primary mix-up.

What I listed here is in contrast extremely easy to do, also the slight charge both guarantees it hits all characters but more importantly causes 2% more damage because otherwise the first hit of the ground blast will actually miss and they only get hit by the second hit. (As an added note first and last hit of MB GB deal more damage then the rest of the hits)
I just found these the other day too, and they seem like they could be useful.

Swoops

Noob
The f21,u3 combos do 40%...meterless. But yea, there's no reason to do anything fancy if you have a chunk of meter. Although the rifle juggles are flashy as all hell.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
The f21,u3 combos do 40%...meterless. But yea, there's no reason to do anything fancy if you have a chunk of meter. Although the rifle juggles are flashy as all hell.
It's more so how massively unsafe F21U2 combos are. They can't be hot confirmed on reaction. Anyone who says they do it on reaction is a liar or a wizard. If they block the F21 MB Close Blast, you stay at +15 on block and send them full screen after taking 5% chip. Fair trade off for safety and spacing if it doesn't hit. Kind of the reverse of what Doomsday does with MB Venom charge.

Swoops

Noob
It's more so how massively unsafe F21U2 combos are. They can't be hot confirmed on reaction. Anyone who says they do it on reaction is a liar or a wizard. If they block the F21 MB Close Blast, you stay at +15 on block and send them full screen after taking 5% chip. Fair trade off for safety and spacing if it doesn't hit. Kind of the reverse of what Doomsday does with MB Venom charge.

Very unsafe, but you can always cancel into Zod charge to make it significantly less so, even going as far to occasionally cross the opponent up. Plus you can get the f213 string with f21u3, so while you're definitely right that confirming isn't very practical, I wouldn't call it implausible.

Besides, f21 xx MB close blast is still unsafe because I'm pretty sure any character in the cast can punish Zod with a 1 starter before the laser comes out or before he can even backdash. So all they have to do his sit there and wait to see the laser animation. That being said the +15 situation with chip and no chance to push block is still pretty awesome.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah I know haha. Are you gonna stream more often now? I know you streamed a bit a day or two ago.
Yea between April-Evo I barely streamed at all but yes expect a lot more now on

But ill be at the beach all this week but took my ps3 for nighttime practice when wife and kid are asleep

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I found some "combos" in to trait kind of..
slow iafb - trait - mb ground blast - trait slashes and grab
slow iafb - normal delayed iafb - trait - mb ground blast - trait slashes and grab

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Is it known that with monster out you can hit 4 mid string for more damage as in:
f213 bf3= 17%
f2413 bf3=22%

Its not hard you just plink 24 then plink 13 immediately. It works with 213 as well, that way you get the overhead at the end if they are blocking low. In 213 you plink the same way as the other one, 2413. Of course this is with trait out so you need to be in f2 range or willing to dash all the way in for 213. Basically for all of the trait bnbs that are listed, you should be able to get another hit in, in the middle of the string.

Here's what I've got for a f2 starter midscreen, no jump in:
f2413, 4, 34, 34, 34, 123 bf3= 51% (54% with mb bf3) (57% with J24 starter and mb bf3)

Here's whats in the video:
#1. f213, bf3, 17%
#2. f2413, bf3, 22%
#3. f2413, 4, 34, 34, 34, 123, bf3 mb, 54%
#4. 2413, 4, 34, 34, 123, bf3 mb, 46%

I think on the last one you can probably do another 34 before the finisher but I got lazy making the video, you get the point.

AeroGrunt AK Pig Of The Hut

I found that going for jump-ins and sometimes just jumping to fake them out sets up something nice. If you jump at them, then do a zodball (normal speed) right before hitting the ground, they panic and jump right into it. I figured it was just one guy, so I played 15 different people and it worked every single time. Just a fun fake-out trick. Can't do very much off of it damage-wise, but it's nice for trait set-ups.

Johnny2d

What are your ways of opening up your opponents who always block low?
Thats why in all the posts I've made the last few days I've tried to include an overhead option. Will it be enough? I don't know.

People that block low are a problem flat out, it makes things hard. Even with monster out it seems they can still guess pretty easily when you are coming in for a low attack or going for the trait grab, it looks unlikely that just going for f2 or raw trait grab is enough to really get in their heads and since the trait grab is so punishable i'm weary of just using that as the 50/50 and calling it a day. That's what lead to all this lab work that I've been posting for the past few days. I'm hoping that with trait out and mixing up jump 42, 123, 4, 213, 4 (with the jump in set ups I showed in the other thread) that that will force them to respect overhead options to open up f2 or b12 attempts. I'm thinking that with trait out you are going to get a couple chances this way to jump for free or start low or high. Now that we know he can use 4 mid string, it seems like pressure is the option with trait out, why not do some decent chip while mixing in 123, 213 overheads, and f2 and b12 lows... I don't know if its going to be enough because the overheads aren't first in the strings so they can be scouted, but will you really be able to see and react to all that along with possible trait grabs? Seems unlikely that they will be able to stay low.

I just post to share ideas though, not to tell people how it is, so if anyone has more ideas or critique of my combos I'm all ears. I want this character to be awesome because I really like playing him :)

Johnny2d

What are your ways of opening up your opponents who always block low?

I wonder if since people think you can fuzzy guard all his overheads, if you could do, 214 (monster slapping them when they stand for the last hit which is overhead) and get them with b1 since they stood up? I can't wait for tomorrow so I can try it. that's assuming people know to stand up. If that kind of thing works... well shit, the mind games will be insane. Same with 12, since 2 is overhead could you do 14, then b12? Just some ideas. Maybe 213 is the one to use though since it starts mid.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I wonder if since people think you can fuzzy guard all his overheads, if you could do, 214 (monster slapping them when they stand for the last hit which is overhead) and get them with b1 since they stood up? I can't wait for tomorrow so I can try it. that's assuming people know to stand up. If that kind of thing works... well shit, the mind games will be insane. Same with 12, since 2 is overhead could you do 14, then b12? Just some ideas. Maybe 213 is the one to use though since it starts mid.
That's really smart

Lets try it

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
213 vs 21 xx MB laser can be fuzzyguarded, but it's pretty tight.

Here is a comparison between the advantage after 123 xx 4 and d12 xx 4:

Here is the same comparison, but with me doing MB laser as fast as possible after the trait and displaying what happens if the opponent just holds up: