What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Haha wow, I just found out this combo does 57% with jump in 24 and mb bf3.

with trait: j42, f2413, 4, 34, 34, 34, 123 bf3 mb= 57%

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
That's really smart

Lets try it
Ok what I like right now is using 213 as the go to option for an overhead when trait is out and here's why.

-First two hits are mid, that important, if you get poked and they start their offense when your trait is out, you could waste all the time with trait out blocking.
-With trait out you can do 2413, 4, and if the 3 hits, the 4 slashes them back to, and you get the massive damage juggle I showed before. If its blocked, the 4 after the the 2413 checks them in place and you get another block string.
-You can use the massive footsie range of f2 to get in with f2413, 4, if thats all blocked the 4 checks them in place and you get 2413, 4, if they blocked that you get ANOTHER 213 attempt (monster will leave though), here's why that's interesting: If you see them blocking the 2413 correctly the first time, you know they are going to stand for the the last overhead hit so do MB ground laser for combo of choice.
-213 has two clear hits before the overhead, we want them to stand to guard it so we can hit them with ground laser instead.
-These long strings are all made safe by ending with bf3 or mb ground laser, ground laser the preferred option here when you have meter because its the mix up.

-Also, it seems like using 214, b12 might be an ok mixup, but using mb ground laser is stronger.

Basically you can lock them in a block string and see if they know to stand, if they don't great for zod, if they do, GREAT FOR ZOD. This puts a ton of pressure on them to guess right, and then to start guessing if you'll do ground lasers, all the while with the threat if they just stay low that you could do overhead grab. There's just so much you can throw at them with these block strings that it puts all the weight on them to keep guess right, and zod can end safely with all of the options.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ok what I like right now is using 213 as the go to option for an overhead when trait is out and here's why.

-First two hits are mid, that important, if you get poked and they start their offense when your trait is out, you could waste all the time with trait out blocking.
-With trait out you can do 2413, 4, and if the 3 hits, the 4 slashes them back to, and you get the massive damage juggle I showed before. If its blocked, the 4 after the the 2413 checks them in place and you get another block string.
-You can use the massive footsie range of f2 to get in with f2413, 4, if thats all blocked the 4 checks them in place and you get 2413, 4, if they blocked that you get ANOTHER 213 attempt (monster will leave though), here's why that's interesting: If you see them blocking the 2413 correctly the first time, you know they are going to stand for the the last overhead hit so do MB ground laser for combo of choice.
-213 has two clear hits before the overhead, we want them to stand to guard it so we can hit them with ground laser instead.
-These long strings are all made safe by ending with bf3 or mb ground laser, ground laser the preferred option here when you have meter because its the mix up.

-Also, it seems like using 214, b12 might be an ok mixup, but using mb ground laser is stronger.

Basically you can lock them in a block string and see if they know to stand, if they don't great for zod, if they do, GREAT FOR ZOD. This puts a ton of pressure on them to guess right, and then to start guessing if you'll do ground lasers, all the while with the threat if they just stay low that you could do overhead grab. There's just so much you can throw at them with these block strings that it puts all the weight on them to keep guess right, and zod can end safely with all of the options.
Getting back from the beach today , this is awesome info and looks like the direction we are headed

Have u played w 3/4 screen away jump slow MB ZOD ball dashed in w it and used the middle ball hitting overhead and f21 as an unblockable?

Also I live the ideas in your post, can u do this block string ? Instead of like 2413 can u do f2d4?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ok, I've got a really simple yet interesting set up, again based on Shazam tactics I've picked up.

-b23,b23, sweep

Midscreen it puts you in perfect range to crossover 3. That's it, a great way to set up a cross up.
Yea but hitting someone w b23 doesn't happen a lot but great idea

I'm curious if b23 will become aN overhead

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Getting back from the beach today , this is awesome info and looks like the direction we are headed

Have u played w 3/4 screen away jump slow MB ZOD ball dashed in w it and used the middle ball hitting overhead and f21 as an unblockable?

Also I live the ideas in your post, can u do this block string ? Instead of like 2413 can u do f2d4?
I'm pretty sure the game restrict you from using d4 in any block strings to prevent situations like this unfortunately. :\

Radish

Defining Definitions
without the trait around, all i can think of to safely confirm the 3 is a bf1 lol will it connect?

And Im not sure if this has been talked about yet, but when I do the B12, db1 MB combo. There are certain characters that are not being hit by the 3rd ball. (Doomsday for example). Are there lists of characters that can be hit or not hit by the 3rd ball of the db1MB?

Thanks!
If you do a slow zod ball it should hit the whole cast. Granted I haven't done it with everyone yet, but I've made sure to do it on at least one large, one normal, one small, and one female character just to make sure. It even hits Doomsday with the third ball and actually makes it much easier to land the b3 after you dash in (though that may just be my imagination).

Radish

Defining Definitions
I'm a dumb and only just noticed it wasn't actually linking. I just went straight into practice and haven't tried it in an actual match. My bad.

yeah i havent found a way to combo into ex grounded fireballs yet. I dont think you can. also, i think ex ground fireball is a pretty shit move.

groud fireball in general is mostly a piece of shit since its too slow and holding db and pressing 1 often gives me slow fireball and allows me to lose a free 50 percent because th einput system is bad

the only real use of ground fireball is to throw a slow one and dash in. if theyre prepared to block it instead of jumping away, you get a pretty good high/low 50/50 since the ground ones hit mid.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
yeah i havent found a way to combo into ex grounded fireballs yet. I dont think you can. also, i think ex ground fireball is a pretty shit move.
I used to do b12 xx groundballs MB, dash, b3, j3, 123 xx trait. I havent been doing it anymore since some characters doesnt get hit by the 3rd ball.

^ive tried all sorts of ways but the combo always drops idk

also, to people clamoring for b23 to be an overhead, i actually think hed be too good with that. They might do well to buff that string some othre way though since its pretty bad. If he had straight 50/50 high low (right now his overheads are all seeable as they come in the middle of strings), hed probably open the opponent up EVERY time he has trait out into the 50 percent 34 34 34 34 juggle

imagine the hype level on stream when someone lands the midscreen 50 percent trait combo for the first time, that shit looks too godlike

Swoops

Noob
Speaking of up close pressure/mix ups with trait out, 123 is also a super useful and safe overhead threat.

A simple combo would be: 123 (4), 3(4) x 3, 3 xx bf3

But you can do this flashy as hell one: 12 xx db2~b (4+MB) 4, 4, 4, d+4, charge db2, b3, dash, nj.2 xx db1, fj.2 xx db1~f, dash 123 xx bf2.

53% :D

I agree that up close wraith is looking much better than a fullscreen support wraith. Which is funny because that's pretty much what I use mine for :/. I think if you do bust wraith out and they're wise to the low laser/grab 50/50, we should be throwing out a IAZB immediately and rushing in with Zod charge. Up close wraith just seems to work way better

you dont even have to iazb. I think if you have the opportunity to trait up from far away you should immediately be zod charging in to make as much use of the trait time as you possibly can. Zod charge is safe on block/youre not disadvantaged (i think) if you press 4 at the right time after - and then start with the 1423, 4 /2413, 4 / f2413, 4 shenanigans

i bet you people start eating the zod charge to the face to prevent themselves from getting caught in a 45-50 percent combo once people get reallly good at trait pressure lol

the grab/db2ex mixup from fullscreen is pretty bad unless youre playing someone whos never seen it (or aquaman, lol)
trait from full screen IS extremely good for a chip out though. theyl want to stand up to not get grabbed so you can just keep sidearming while pressing 4 and youl do like 15 percent chip damage

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I also recommend doing slow iazb in to trait and then charge in as fast as possible. You still make the most of your trait time like Jailhouse points out, but you have an annoying slow fireball to back you up while you are at it. It is also very possible to do a slow iazb followed by a delayed normal iazb in to trait, and react to them jumping and getting hit, with a MB ground laser in to full trait combo from full screen.