What's new

General MK9 Frame Data Info

davidovitch

In Europe!
Somberness: Thanks for the great work, I appreciate it. Something I'd be interested in is how long it takes characters to fully duck. If, for example, I dash backwards and then cancel into duck it takes FOREVER to actually duck low enough for projectiles to pass over me. I know if you play seriously you'll always do d1 or d3 in order to duck quicker but I'd still be interested in reading the frames for this. Is this already posted somewhere?

Somberness

Lights
Somberness: Thanks for the great work, I appreciate it. Something I'd be interested in is how long it takes characters to fully duck. If, for example, I dash backwards and then cancel into duck it takes FOREVER to actually duck low enough for projectiles to pass over me. I know if you play seriously you'll always do d1 or d3 in order to duck quicker but I'd still be interested in reading the frames for this. Is this already posted somewhere?
1 frame. A dash has duration frames, that's why you can duck faster by using an attack, but only while the dash is still happening. Otherwise, it isn't faster.

davidovitch

In Europe!
I
1 frame. A dash has duration frames, that's why you can duck faster by using an attack, but only while the dash is still happening. Otherwise, it isn't faster.
You mean it only takes one frame to duck when standing still? I must move around a lot then, because I cannot begin to count the amount of times I've been hit by a projectile while already holding down.

Another thing that also happens is when you are ducking and blocking and let go of block but keep holding down, there is a window of one or more frames where you can get hit by duckable projectiles (at least with some of the characters I play).

So I guess those two combined have let me to believe ducking is actually very slow in this game but I guess that's only if you are already doing something (even if it is ducking and blocking) before you duck.

Somberness

Lights
I
You mean it only takes one frame to duck when standing still? I must move around a lot then, because I cannot begin to count the amount of times I've been hit by a projectile while already holding down.

Another thing that also happens is when you are ducking and blocking and let go of block but keep holding down, there is a window of one or more frames where you can get hit by duckable projectiles (at least with some of the characters I play).

So I guess those two combined have let me to believe ducking is actually very slow in this game but I guess that's only if you are already doing something (even if it is ducking and blocking) before you duck.
The second point is probably a bug with crouching from dashes, you can't hold down during the dash. I guess you have to learn to press down after it is completed.

davidovitch

In Europe!
The second point is probably a bug with crouching from dashes, you can't hold down during the dash. I guess you have to learn to press down after it is completed.
You are confusing me a little bit. My second remark in the post you quoted was about blocking and ducking and then letting go of block.
Also if you were referring to ducking during a dash, it's not true that you cannot hold down during a dash (?): You can certainly dash and immediately press down, it will just take your character a long time (seems like up to a second sometimes) before they actually duck.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You are confusing me a little bit. My second remark in the post you quoted was about blocking and ducking and then letting go of block.
Also if you were referring to ducking during a dash, it's not true that you cannot hold down during a dash (?): You can certainly dash and immediately press down, it will just take your character a long time (seems like up to a second sometimes) before they actually duck.
Here's how you can actually use the crouching after the dash. It seems slower because the dash doesn't cancel into the ducking animation, but it cancels into the down poke Somberness.

Somberness

Lights
Sorry, I meant the second thing you said, after the 1 frame crouching from standing. And that's what I was saying, it happens when you press down before the dash ends. I looked at it and what occurs is you switch into a lower dash than usual. It just seems you aren't considered crouching when doing it. I don't know why it exists..

Somberness new video, skip to 0:30

Noob's b12f4 is -4. This makes the D4 come out at virtually 16 frames, which should snuff out ex tele everytime if it doesn't have more invincibility frames.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness new video, skip to 0:30
Noob's b12f4 is -4. This makes the D4 come out at virtually 16 frames, which should snuff out ex tele everytime if it doesn't have more invincibility frames.
I can knock him out of the enhanced teleport all of the time against the cpu, so I don't know what to say.

I can knock him out of the enhanced teleport all of the time against the cpu, so I don't know what to say.
Are you doing this against training mode AI set to wake up attack? I told you on PM that this does not reflect what happens in a real game.

Somberness

Lights
Are you doing this against training mode AI set to wake up attack? I told you on PM that this does not reflect what happens in a real game.
I already tested in a match vs the cpu in ladder. I'll try to do vs mode offline when I get some time.

Somberness

Lights
Alright, here are my conclusions. Using Sektor's enhanced teleport uppercut, it has extra invincibility in vs. mode. At least 19 frames. The other enhanced move I tested was Mileena's roll and it had at least a few more. To me, it always looked like enhanced moves had more invincibility when I saw matches, but I guess NRS somehow made the cpu fail to take advantage of it. I removed the wake up attack part in the post until I can figure out specifics. Hopefully this is the only thing I'll have to test in versus. :\
1man3letters reread what I wrote.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Alright, here are my conclusions. Using Sektor's enhanced teleport uppercut, it has extra invincibility in vs. mode. At least 19 frames. The other enhanced move I tested was Mileena's roll and it had at least a few more. To me, it always looked like enhanced moves had more invincibility when I saw matches, but I guess NRS somehow made the cpu fail to take advantage of it. I removed the wake up attack part in the post until I can figure out specifics. Hopefully this is the only thing I'll have to test in versus. :\
sorry,so what u find out about mileena roll? u meant the ex one aswell yes?

interesting to see what comes of this testing.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
With regard to block advantage, if you are 0 on block is that as soon as the move hits your opponent or once you finish recovering?

Somberness

Lights
Running at 2fps so you can count. My first video on PS3 as well. :)
edit:
Another video, shows that regular wake ups can be interrupted on the 12th frame.
edit2: Narrowed it down to 20 frames.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I apologize if you have already written this somewhere, but I was wondering when does armor activate? For some reason I originally though it was on the second frame, but I've seen that it doesn't.

Somberness