What's new

General MK9 Frame Data Info

Flagg

Noob
CSZ has the slowest walk and the fastest dash, this is something i've suspected for awhile, but Mileena and Sheeva have really fast walks AND dashes! That I did not know.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
How quickly can a dash be cancelled? Say I input :r:r:bk as fast as I can, Rains :bk is 10 frames how many frames total?
This would be great to know for punish options, whether a faster move that you need to dash forward for or a slower move with enough range w/out dashing gives the better chance of a punish.

Somberness

Lights
CSZ has the slowest walk and the fastest dash, this is something i've suspected for awhile, but Mileena and Sheeva have really fast walks AND dashes! That I did not know.
So far, nothing I have posted says a lot about the fastest dashes. Just how long it takes to complete. :)
How quickly can a dash be cancelled? Say I input :r:r:bk as fast as I can, Rains :bk is 10 frames how many frames total?
This would be great to know for punish options, whether a faster move that you need to dash forward for or a slower move with enough range w/out dashing gives the better chance of a punish.
At any time. I think I am going to have to assign values to to points in the stage and then see how far each character moves and how fast they get there. Here is an image of Kitana's and Reptile's dash length. http://i.imgur.com/C3zu7.jpg They look similar, Reptile's is about 1/8 shorter. The difference is Kitana gets to that point after 11 frames while Reptile takes 19. I haven't figured out the exact formula to calculate rank, but I think this is how I am going to measure it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Nice to see the walk speed and dash rankings up. Can't wait to see the acceleration rankings as well. Reptile gets to full screen fastest on backwards walk, but it starts so slow.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Man, I didn't know that Shang's backwards walk was very fast. Maybe I should try doing that instead of backdashing all the time when I'm trying to zone the aggressor characters.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
NVM its +16. I just remmebered. It used to be +20 pre patch.
I think the patch changed it so it still gives the same cancel advantage when you cancel it into a string (+16 or whatever) but if you do not cancel it into a string it is neutral.

There is no reason not to cancel into a string unless you're going for a throw obviously, so all it does is eliminate the free throw mix up if you choose to mash or jump, guessing that they will throw.

Edit: Actually it says it in the first post, cancel advantage is 14-18 depending on height and it is neutral on block.

Somberness

Lights
I added two different forward dash ranks. This is because the first one doesn't say much as every character is pretty close together and it would not show how fast they are actually moving. I also did not use what I was going to as some characters don't really stick their feet out when dashing so it wasn't really fair. The 2nd rank had some rounding because just determining where the character was centered had some of my opinion. Here's an example: Skarlet and Sonya are at pretty much the same position after 10 frames.

Prinzmetal, yeah, all of them do.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Somberness, how do the 11 frames of invincibility work on wake-up? Do all wake-up moves have 11 invi-frames, like if Jade's shadow kick is 15 execution, on wake-up it'll have 11 invi-frames and 3 vulnerable?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey Somberness, I noticed that aerial special attacks seem to cancel out of whiffed aerial normals. Can you confirm, just to be sure?

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Somberness I have noticed that wakeups get invincibility but also notice it too when I try to continue pressure when an opponent is knocked down and they jump over. Moves such as d4 and d1 doesnt hit them. I want to know if there is any invincibility if I just sit there and let my character stand up on his own and I want to know how much. I've stood up bymyself and didn't get hit by d4/d3 so I was woundering if they whiffed or if I actually get invincibility off of that.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness I have noticed that wakeups get invincibility but also notice it too when I try to continue pressure when an opponent is knocked down and they jump over. Moves such as d4 and d1 doesnt hit them. I want to know if there is any invincibility if I just sit there and let my character stand up on his own and I want to know how much. I've stood up bymyself and didn't get hit by d4/d3 so I was woundering if they whiffed or if I actually get invincibility off of that.
There is regular knockdown invincibility when just getting up normally, just in the beginning. I'm not sure if there is a set amount as each knockdown takes a different amount of frames to get up and it isn't tied to to the wake up attack advantage.. But that would be something essential to add. :)

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
With unblocking taking 1 frame, does that mean it takes a minimum of a 2 frame window for raiden to teleport out of a strIng?

Somberness

Lights
With unblocking taking 1 frame, does that mean it takes a minimum of a 2 frame window for raiden to teleport out of a strIng?
It is only if you are holding block and then immediately try and do something. You can release block before recovery ends. This is all just going from the visual block animation. You do need 2 frames to get out of something with teleport though, as the first frame is vulnerable.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Somberness

So unblocking takes 1 frame apparently. Is this accounted for in your block advantage numbers for every character or do we need to add 1 frame to all those numbers?