What's new

General MK9 Frame Data Info

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The second number means the advantage on tech roll?
Neutral Jump Punch - ~+70, ~+58

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Regarding block advantage for Angled Jump Punch:

If it is 0 frames, then how come some strings can jail the opponent? The opponent should be able to crouch, attempt to jump, etc., shouldn't they? Or is the 1 frame recovery from block involved?

I think that one is very important because the current metagame favors successful jump ins by letting you start pressure. But with 0 frames of advantage a trade should be possible (not considering P1 side advantage).

Seapeople

This one's for you
yep
No, you can just input specials earlier (a little bit before recovery ends) than you can input normals, that's all I am saying.
Oh ok. I was timing every special the same way to interrupt Sub's 212 though.
I probably interrupted it 10 times in a row with Sonya's ex cartwheel & Jax's ex dash punch, but only managed to do Sub's ex slide or Jax's ex overhead smash 1 out of 20 times. Do you know what makes the timing different with different specials?

Somberness

Lights
Oh ok. I was timing every special the same way to interrupt Sub's 212 though.
I probably interrupted it 10 times in a row with Sonya's ex cartwheel & Jax's ex dash punch, but only managed to do Sub's ex slide or Jax's ex overhead smash 1 out of 20 times. Do you know what makes the timing different with different specials?
Couldn't tell ya without seeing it for myself.
Bildslash, jump punch has no advantage unless you cancel it until a normal.

Somberness, there is something I haven't been able to understand about the frame data. If a blocked d1 is -15 for example and a blocked KL low hat is -12. why am I able to punish the low hat and not the d1? also if I block a d1 I should be able to punish it easily with spin right? spin is 6 frames and blocked d1 is -10 or more usually.

Somberness

Lights
Did you mean cancel into a normal? In other words, when you land and start a string it counts as if the jump punch were canceled?
Yes.
Somberness, there is something I haven't been able to understand about the frame data. If a blocked d1 is -15 for example and a blocked KL low hat is -12. why am I able to punish the low hat and not the d1? also if I block a d1 I should be able to punish it easily with spin right? spin is 6 frames and blocked d1 is -10 or more usually.
Think of it this way. Low hat takes over 3 times longer to hit and twice as long to recover from first using the move. You just have a lot more time to react to it properly. Same thing with elbow dash.
Seriously, what would we ever do without you...?
Thanks. :)

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Stage Sizes
Hell is the base, Soul Chamber is 1.4 times larger than it, for example.
Hell - 1.00
The Pit(Bottom) - 1.07
The Pit - 1.08
The Dead Pool - 1.15
Challenge Tower - 1.17
The Living Forest - 1.21
Shang Tsung's Gardens - 1.22
The Graveyard - 1.22
Subway - 1.23
Wastelands - 1.23
Shang Tsung's Throne Room - 1.24
The Street - 1.25
The Temple - 1.27
Armory - 1.27
Desert - 1.32
The Courtyard - 1.33
Rooftop(Dawn) - 1.34
Kahn's Coliseum - 1.34
Rooftop(Dusk) - 1.34
The Flesh Pits - 1.39
Soul Chamber - 1.40
Goro's Lair - 1.41
Evil Monastery - 1.43
Shao Kahn's Throne Room - 1.44
The Bell Tower - 1.46
Rooftop(Day) - 1.49

This is so awesome.... Zoners can to try and use the long stages and rushdown guys need to find the short stages... This helps alot.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Stage Sizes
Hell is the base, Soul Chamber is 1.4 times larger than it, for example.
Hell - 1.00
The Pit(Bottom) - 1.07
The Pit - 1.08
The Dead Pool - 1.15
Challenge Tower - 1.17
The Living Forest - 1.21
Shang Tsung's Gardens - 1.22
The Graveyard - 1.22
Subway - 1.23
Wastelands - 1.23
Shang Tsung's Throne Room - 1.24
The Street - 1.25
The Temple - 1.27
Armory - 1.27
Desert - 1.32
The Courtyard - 1.33
Rooftop(Dawn) - 1.34
Kahn's Coliseum - 1.34
Rooftop(Dusk) - 1.34
The Flesh Pits - 1.39
Soul Chamber - 1.40
Goro's Lair - 1.41
Evil Monastery - 1.43
Shao Kahn's Throne Room - 1.44
The Bell Tower - 1.46
Rooftop(Day) - 1.49

This is so awesome.... Zoners can to try and use the long stages and rushdown guys need to find the short stages... This helps alot.
Lol, one more reason to do a coin toss for P1 side.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
#motherofgod.jpeg. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for a few days ago. Thanks so much for this man. The gap part I can understand, but I just wanted to know the general attack frame data and other nuances of the game. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Somberness, for all the work you put into gathering and posting all this frame data. Since you've given stages a unit of measurement, I was wondering if you thought about gathering data on the different characters' walk/dash speeds by combining the distance traveled and the amount of frames the walk/dash animation takes.

Somberness

Lights
Thanks, Somberness, for all the work you put into gathering and posting all this frame data. Since you've given stages a unit of measurement, I was wondering if you thought about gathering data on the different characters' walk/dash speeds by combining the distance traveled and the amount of frames the walk/dash animation takes.
Yep, I have. All dashes seem to take around the same number of frames to complete so it isn't that interesting. Walk speed is easy to do but with dashing, you'd have to make sure you are doing it as fast as possible. And the results might be a little off since if one character's dash ends just before the cutoff point, their score will be lower than perhaps it should be. The tail end of the dash duration has the character not going very far.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I have a question Somberness

How long does it take to recover after a jump? What i mean is, how long after i land after a jump can i block? Because i have noticed a small window between when you land and when you can block again where you are completely open to attack.

Somberness

Lights
I have a question Somberness

How long does it take to recover after a jump? What i mean is, how long after i land after a jump can i block? Because i have noticed a small window between when you land and when you can block again where you are completely open to attack.
There's no frames on the ground where you can't block after a jump without attacking.
Thank you Somberness

Do you fancy tackling kabal's ndc or skarlet's dagger/ex dagger cancel blk strings and posting adv/disadv? :)

All the best,
RAZER
Use the formula I posted, but take the minimum duration of the move in question.

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
There's no frames on the ground where you can't block after a jump without attacking.

Use the formula I posted, but take the minimum duration of the move in question.
Iv good execution but im new to frame data :p Im getting there lol

Kabal and Skarlet all day :)

All the best,
RAZER

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Forward Walking Speed Rank
1. Mileena
2. Skarlet
3. Kenshi
3. Kung Lao
5. Sheeva
5. Sub-Zero
7. Ermac
7. Jax
7. Liu Kang
7. Shang Tsung
11. Jade
11. Nightwolf
11. Reptile
11. Scorpion
11. Stryker
16. Cyrax
16. Quan Chi
16. Smoke
19. Baraka
19. Freddy
19. Rain
22. Sonya
23. Kitana
24. Johnny Cage
24. Noob Saibot
24. Sindel
27. Kabal
28. Raiden
29. Kano
30. Sektor
31. Cyber Sub-Zero

Backward Walking Speed Rank
1. Reptile
2. Sub-Zero
3. Ermac
3. Mileena
3. Shang Tsung
3. Sonya
7. Freddy
7. Kenshi
7. Kung Lao
10. Baraka
10. Jax
10. Kitana
10. Quan Chi
14. Jade
15. Scorpion
15. Skarlet
15. Smoke
18. Rain
18. Sheeva
18. Stryker
21. Johnny Cage
21. Liu Kang
21. Nightwolf
24. Sindel
25. Raiden
26. Cyrax
26. Kabal
26. Noob Saibot
29. Kano
30. Sektor
31. Cyber Sub-Zero
Seriously? :eek:
This is a downer. I guess it isn't easy being a cyborg:(

How'd you determine their ranks btw?

Somberness

Lights
Walked backward from the start position until the camera stopped and then walked forward until the 2nd player moved. Some characters seem to have faster acceleration but that isn't accounted for.
I added dash duration ranks/numbers, Sektor/CSZ win those. I can't see me doing a dash speed comparison right now because there is no easy way of doing it. You have to take into account how far the character has moved at several points in the dash or else it would look like Reptile's dash is just as good as Kitana's.