What's new

Gaming's top tier year.2017: What games have you beaten this year, and what are you playing?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Hung with my boy Guzma in Pokémon Moon.

Currently am playing Breath of the Wild which is pretty fantastic.

Older stuff but also finished Witcher 3 and it's DLC after a long break and did a replay of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Bought Ghost Recon Wildlands and sold it 3 days later, what a steaming pile of shit that was.
Can't seem to finish Mankind Divided and I bought it on release but its such a disappointment.
You know when something is wrong when as a die hard MGS fan you absolutely HATED the newest and last entry in the series.
This console generation is just fucking terrible IMO.

I wanna buy the new Hitman. Is this any good? I thought that they killed this awesome series with Absolution so I don't want to buy it based on reviews etc.

Waiting for:

Injustice 2 obviously
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (hope its a Tomb Raider game we actually deserve)
RDR 2 <3
TLOU 2 <3

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Right now playing Layers of Fear. I'm a massive fan of all the art

Most recent finished game was a great gem from humble Event[0]

before that, had went back and played both Chronicles of Riddick games on the suggestion of @Rip Torn

And as always, slowly chewing through Witcher 3 (playing at my wife's pace)

Multiplayer been playing SFV, messing around on IGAU, and recently getting into Heroes of the Storm on recommendation of Smokey. Have lots of hours of Dota but what a fucking waste 60 minute games and cancerous teammates just aren't enjoyable, I prefer the more focused but less in depth take on the genre thanks to Blizzard. Plus the characters are cool.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
currently playing:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game (Online Beta)

Looking Forward to:
Tekken 7 Fated Retribuiton

And later on will definitely purchase:
Injustice 2
Watch Dogs 2
Gwent: The Witcher Card game (will purchase on PC maybe)

Last edited:

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I don't care about other games!!!

All I care About is Modding my Skyrim game over and over again. If I don't like what I see. Delete that mod and replace it with something better. I have 1142 hours of play time in that game and It will not stop until Injustice 2 comes out!!!

I have it on pc by the way.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
-Horizon
-Dark Souls 3 + all DLC, once on NG and once on NG+
-For Honor
-Pokemon Sun (1 hour of unskippable cutscenes after you beat it is dumb af, I just turned my DS off eventually then had to do it all over, so fuck that game)

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
For 2017 I played:

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Uncharted 1-3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Jotun
Dark Souls
Final Fantasy XV
NieR Automata

Currently playing:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition

Will play:

Dark Souls 3
Quantum Break (PC)
Injustice 2
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain (PS4) <--- This one is the last game I bought from KONAMI. And this was at the amazing price of 17.50 euros (with shipping fees) that will go to KONAMI. If Kojima was still there, I would pay the full price.

Last edited:

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
@Rickyraws in all seriousness, how did you like FFXV?
I thought the story mode was good, emotional. But a lot of cool characters didn't get any spotlight or character development.

@KHTC Takgillo @Mista_Snacks how did you like NieR: Automata?
Is it similar at all to Final Fantasy?
I enjoyed it. Had it's flaws sure but the music, the graphics, the combat and the exploration were cool.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I don't care about other games!!!

All I care About is Modding my Skyrim game over and over again. If I don't like what I see. Delete that mod and replace it with something better. I have 1142 hours of play time in that game and It will not stop until Injustice 2 comes out!!!

I have it on pc by the way.
You ever play Fallout?

I thought the story mode was good, emotional. But a lot of cool characters didn't get any spotlight or character development.

I loved the game the soundtrack was one of the best I've ever seen the gameplay was fun and addictive once you get used to it a mix of Bayonetta's style of hack and slash plus some bullet hell section once you get used to it you'll love it. The story is what most people love the most about this game it is pretty good even If it's a little convoluted(what are the blindfolds for?).Overall it's a really good game but to answer your question no it's nothing like FFXV

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Can't ....... stop...... playing...... ZELDA. I am so engrossed with this game right now, I fear I may miss out on I2 release. Not sure when I will ever be done. Game seems endless in terms of what you can do.

Last edited:

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I loved the game the soundtrack was one of the best I've ever seen the gameplay was fun and addictive once you get used to it a mix of Bayonetta's style of hack and slash plus some bullet hell section once you get used to it you'll love it. The story is what most people love the most about this game it is pretty good even If it's a little convoluted(what are the blindfolds for?).Overall it's a really good game but to answer your question no it's nothing like FFXV
Awesome I'll definitely check it out!
Not FFXV exactly but just the Final Fantasy universe in general? It's not similar at all?
I loved Bayonetta

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
You ever play Fallout?
yep. I only played 106 hours of fallout 4 and never touched the DLC. why because that game put me to sleep. Even with mods the game can't really be saved for me to even play it.

How I play fallout 4 is this. If I die. I start over. fallout 4 is the type of game I have to immersive myself playing the game by not fast traveling and walking to take in the sights like I do in Skyrim. But I have a horse so I don't be walking that much in the game unless I am in the city.

I download my mods from the Nexusmods.com

playing fallout 4 on pc is a wayy better experience then playing it on the console.

Can't ....... stop...... playing...... ZELDA. I am so engrossed with this game right now, I fear I may miss out on I2 release. Not sure when I will ever be done. Game seems endless in terms of what you can do.
Gamestop is a piece of shit, they sent me someone else's limited edition Nintendo switch and a game (didn't ask but it was probably zelda). I got ahold of who it was supposed to be sent to and it was a 40ish guy who was getting it for his kid.

well Takgillo pretty much covered it spot on, i was gonna say it was a cross between bayonetta style and that hack and slash metal game where you use raiden

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Gamestop is a piece of shit, they sent me someone else's limited edition Nintendo switch and a game (didn't ask but it was probably zelda). I got ahold of who it was supposed to be sent to and it was a 40ish guy who was getting it for his kid.
Wow, what a whole cluster-f. I'd be pissed.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I have over 15 games in my backlog LOL. I have a long way to go.

Currently playing:
Gears of War 4
CoD BO3

Looking forward to just Injustice 2 at this time. Trying to keep my backlog down :rolleyes:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Every gaming news outlet from here to the ninth circle will be proclaiming how the beginning months of this year are some of gaming's greatest. While that may or may not be the case, there sure are a helluva lot of games out this year. I for one haven't even had time to catch up with games from last year, and have a backlog the size of a mountain.

Beaten:
Resident Evil 7
(Awesome game)
Final a fantasy XV
("Imperials above us!")
Pokémon Moon
("Y'all are stupid." -Guzma. 2016)

Currently playing/Next in line;
Nioh
Skyrim Remastered
Dragon Quest 8
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier: Automata
Persona 5
Dark Souls 3 DLC
The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

And Injustice 2 comes out in a few weeks. So...yeah.
Beaten:
Nier: Automata
Pokemon Sun (IT'S YA BOI)
(M)ass Effect: Andromeda (Don't play this game)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Persona 5 (BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED, DON'T MISS OUT ON IT).
Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue
For Honor (Does it count? Because the multiplayer keeps me coming back).
Gravity Rush 2 (This game is so underrated, I love it so much).

Next in line/ Need to finish:
Horizon Zero Dawn
Injustice 2
Nioh
Shadow of War
Destiny 2 (DON'T FUCK IT UP)
Red Dead Redemption 2
Cyberdimension Neptunia
Friday the 13th
MVCi
Spiderman PS4 (We better get a release date at E3)
Upcoming Overwatch Events

2017 is god tier for games so far, keep it coming!

In the last year:

Platinum on Just Cause 3 and 100% on the DLC: I have a lot of fun with the JC playstyle, just being able to travel around the island destroying whatever you want in the order you want with tons of options of how to approach it.

Platinum on Dragon Quest Heroes (1): Not a particularly challenging game, but enjoyable enough for fans of the DQ series. If it wasn't for Injustice 2 being right around the corner I would probably pick up DQH2 which just came out.

Platinum on Arkham Knight, plus a decent chunk of the DLC: Yeah, I just waited until all the DLC came out before picking up the game. I really had a lot of fun with it. Sure, there might have been a little too much tank-style gameplay, but overall I thought it was great. Plus, I have fun doing the challenge maps with the different characters.

Platinum on FFXV: I'm still doing some endgame stuff until Inj2. I'm Hunter Rank 8, need to hit 10, do the 8 dungeon Menace Beneath Lucis, Pitioss dungeon, need a few more recipes, lots more fish, to do NG+, finish the chocobo races (plus hidden upgrades), and, of course, killing an Angelus on at least normal mode.

The big difference in FFXV is how you play it. If you are someone that just plows through story mode as fast as possible to get through the game, then you might not bother since it won't be that meaningful. If you actually take time to play through and enjoy the game, get to know the characters, unlock a lot of the background and character interactions, then you are much more likely to find it worthwhile.