What's new

Gaming's top tier year.2017: What games have you beaten this year, and what are you playing?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Every gaming news outlet from here to the ninth circle will be proclaiming how the beginning months of this year are some of gaming's greatest. While that may or may not be the case, there sure are a helluva lot of games out this year. I for one haven't even had time to catch up with games from last year, and have a backlog the size of a mountain.

Beaten:
Resident Evil 7
(Awesome game)
Final a fantasy XV
("Imperials above us!")
Pokémon Moon
("Y'all are stupid." -Guzma. 2016)

Currently playing/Next in line;
Nioh
Skyrim Remastered
Dragon Quest 8
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier: Automata
Persona 5
Dark Souls 3 DLC
The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

And Injustice 2 comes out in a few weeks. So...yeah.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I haven't played anything, but I have Injustice, Shadow of War, and maybe COD on the horizon. I wanna finally buy and play Rise of The Tomb Raider as well, just haven't got around to it

Rickyraws

I have a kid an ex and a full time job so all I beat this year was TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan, Frog Fractions, and about half of Doom. Playing Zombie Night Terror and Deus Ex now.
Mankind Divided? I beat that last year. Love the series.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
I've been playing a bunch of indie games and have gotten addicted to speedrunning them.
Beaten:
Hotline miami 1&2 (one of the best soundtracks in gaming history)
Furi (perfect length for speedrunning, not too long so you can try alot of times)
Super meat boy (hard af)
10 second ninja x (got it for free on ps plus and really enjoyed it)
Rogue legacy (procedurally generated so it's a new experience every time)
The binding of isaac (playable on stick and hitbox:p)

Currently playing mgsv phantom pain, looking to platinum it.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I beat Horizon Zero Dawn, Grand Theft Auto V, Dark Souls 3 again/The new DLC. The good games and backlog really helped time go by fast. My back log is almost totally finished. I am currently playing Nioh and have Mario Kart 8 + Super Mario 3D world (this is almost done already though) on backlog. I can finish those three in the next 18 days I suspect.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
I find that I game less and less as time goes by. I've only played MKX and Overwatch this past year or so.

I'm definitely getting inj2 and maybe CoD WW2. I haven't played CoD since Ghosts and I want a casual shooter to play from time to time.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I've been playing mostly SFV and just recently purchased SkullGirls. Purchase a whole bunch of discounted games on psn plus like Mega Man.

Looking forward to
INJ2
MVCi
RDR2
Friday the 13th Game
and the new COD WWII game looks really good.

Rickyraws

Better get busy.
Given my speed running history it would be conceivably doable to get through most of the log if I wasn't also playing multiplayer games like Overwatch, Street Fighter V, the odd Injustice 1 here or there or Battlefield 1

I made this bed. So I gotta lay in this can of worms.

I beat Horizon Zero Dawn, Grand Theft Auto V, Dark Souls 3 again/The new DLC. The good games and backlog really helped time go by fast. My back log is almost totally finished. I am currently playing Nioh and have Mario Kart 8 + Super Mario 3D world (this is almost done already though) on backlog. I can finish those three in the next 18 days I suspect.
By Dark souls 3 DLC I meant both. Haven't even started Ashes of Ariendel. Have you played both of them? Super Mario 3D land was on the back log as well but that has been pushed into lost cause status as Mrs. Ricky wants us to beat it together.

That's not gonna happen.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Mostly MKX if I'm honest but recently I've been rekindling my love for Halo and been on H5 a tonne recently.

It's been a nice change of pace back playing a FPS for a bit and then back to the grind when I2 comes out :)

Beaten:
Resident Evil 7
(Awesome game)
Final a fantasy XV
("Imperials above us!")
Nier automata
(Really memorable Game fuck JP)
Nioh
(great game)

Currently playing/Next in line;
Injustice 2
kof 14
Shadow of War

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I only finished RE7, Uncharted 4, Infamous: Second Son and Overcooked lol.
Most of my gaming time goes to fighting games usually (currently KoF XIV) or party games with family/friends like Screencheat or Rocket League.
I'm also trying to clear One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and Tales of Berseria atm, and I just got Outlast 2. Outside of those I'm playing Yooka-Laylee and Stardew Valley with the missus (well more like watching and telling her what to do but still).

I'm looking forward to Injustice 2 obv, Tekken 7, and I want to get Persona 5 but idk when I'll get around to actually playing it.

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
I have been very uninspired when it comes to gaming this year. The only games I have been playing is Final Fantasy XV and a very small amount of Overwatch.

Trying to finish FFXV before Injustice releases. Because once it is out I will not be playing anything else for a long time.

Last edited:

Rickyraws

would you consider it mandatory reading for mankind, or should I start there?
It felt like a more complete package than MD. The world building and characters had a little more time to shine and (especially the first time playing) it was just a very atmospheric, unique experience that was longer, yet didn't overstay its welcome either. If you played MD first though, it may be a little jarring considering the gameplay improvements, I don't know. There are definitely improvements and I really liked MD as well, but Human Revolution...maybe it's just me but that game was special.

If you can't play it, perhaps watch an walk through or story analysis on YouTube maybe?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I just added Persona 5 and Lego Harry Potter to my list. Rest in peace being caught up by Injustice 2 release day.
Given my speed running history it would be conceivably doable to get through most of the log if I wasn't also playing multiplayer games like Overwatch, Street Fighter V, the odd Injustice 1 here or there or Battlefield 1

I made this bed. So I gotta lay in this can of worms.

By Dark souls 3 DLC I meant both. Haven't even started Ashes of Ariendel. Have you played both of them? Super Mario 3D land was on the back log as well but that has been pushed into lost cause status as Mrs. Ricky wants us to beat it together.

That's not gonna happen.
Lol, I am in the same boat with my niece on beating it as a group. I played through the ringed city and Ashes of Ariandel. It's weird how most of the bosses make the Twin princess and Soul of Cinder seem weak with no health pool in comparison.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The Walking Dead: Michonne and Civilization VI are beaten and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is next