What's new

Games that the majority think is God's gift, but you think it's actually trash

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
The first 2 Assassin's Creed games.
They may have gotten their act together after 2, haven't played since.

When you can stand in one spot and parry/counter an army to death with little effort, that's just sad.

CRUM

Noob
Fallout 3 (overrated beyond belief)
Skyrim (still wasn't impressed)
Any Assassins Creed game after 2
Halo 2 (yeah)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The thread isn't about games you aren't crazy about or don't love.. It's about games you think are trash. 'Trash" meaning that the game is terrible/garbage/worthless..
It's about games that are generally thought to be great or often praised, that you feel are trash. Something being "trash", aka "bad" is subjective, that's all there is to it. I love Monster Energy drinks, many people think it's disgusting. All about opinion.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Oh come on. The "Entire Resident Evil Series?" I understand possibly saying 4 and up but when Resident Evil came out it was amazing. I'll always remember being a kid and playing the Director's cut of Resident Evil 1 and that scene where you find the first zombie you see eating on a member of Alpha Squad.

Atmosphere was great in it as well along with the fun puzzles and feel of an actual survival horror. Even exploring was fun, you never knew what you were going to find in different areas and different rooms. I don't get how anyone could say they were terrible.
He was actually eating a member of the Bravo squad. fyi. :REO Fun fact: Resident Evil 1 was supposed to be the original devil may cry game but the processing power of the playstation couldn't handle the vision for the game.

RoGE

Noob
Good thread.

Sonic Adventure- This is NOT the last good Sonic game, Sonic 3 and knuckles takes that. This game isn't that great, there's a ton of glitches, a lot of pointless adventure missions and it the game is just so...Vanilla. It hasn't aged well at all imo though I still feel nostalgia from playing it.

Final Fantasy 7- Not exactly trash, I actually enjoyed this game for the most part. I don't think its the best FF game, theres just too many flaws. Its another game that just didn't age well, FF9 (imo) did though.

Goldeneye 64- What makes this game so great? From what I see, the only reason why people liked this game so much was because it was a 4 player FPS. When people were praising this game I was playing a (imo) superior game: Quake.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I still don't understand how someone could not like Fallout 3. The whole environment and characters and lore of that game was amazing. I think the main thing that turns me off of NV is that it's based in the West Coast so I can't relate as much, but to explore the Capital Wasteland like that was just such an amazing experience.

One I forgot to add to my list :

Castlevania : Symphony of The Night. I guess because I fall into the category of Castlevania fan that appreciated the ones before it all turned into Metroidvania.

Reedoms

Noob
I still don't understand how someone could not like Fallout 3. The whole environment and characters and lore of that game was amazing. I think the main thing that turns me off of NV is that it's based in the West Coast so I can't relate as much, but to explore the Capital Wasteland like that was just such an amazing experience.
Hearing 3 people voice cast the entire game really made an impact on my play-through. The story also was incredibly convoluted and riddled with holes.

lol Majora's Mask was like the worst one. I loved every single Zelda game I have ever played except Majora's Mask. You must have never played Ocarina of Time, that was like the best game on N64
I liked Majora's Mask because of just how different it was. All the masks and the side quests were great. The time limit was also pretty cool. Made running through dungeons much more frantic because you only had a limited time to beat it before the earth went kaboom.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
lol Majora's Mask was like the worst one. I loved every single Zelda game I have ever played except Majora's Mask. You must have never played Ocarina of Time, that was like the best game on N64
Yes I have, I've played Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, and Twilight Princess. All of them were boring except for Majora's Mask.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I hated Majora's Mask when I first played it. Second time I played it several years later, I loved it. The tone is just so........fucked up. This is a kid's game? lol.

But yeah, OoT is awesome.

Justice

Noob
Oh come on. The "Entire Resident Evil Series?" I understand possibly saying 4 and up but when Resident Evil came out it was amazing. I'll always remember being a kid and playing the Director's cut of Resident Evil 1 and that scene where you find the first zombie you see eating on a member of Alpha Squad.

Atmosphere was great in it as well along with the fun puzzles and feel of an actual survival horror. Even exploring was fun, you never knew what you were going to find in different areas and different rooms. I don't get how anyone could say they were terrible.
The South Park fps on ps1 had more thrills, chills and spills.

I mean what do you find creepy or suspenseful in video games? I'd really love to hear your answer because it's either going to have to be.

Silent Hill. Or.

Nothing.
There was a game back in the day on the 3do called "D". I think it was ported over to the ps1 as well, but I could never get my hands on a copy :'( Scariest shit I've ever seen in a video game and the scariest entertainment experience since the days of Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price. The only problem with that game was that it was an interactive movie. One playthrough and it was over. It was even designed to be like a movie in that it was over in 2 hours. I think there was a 'Good" and "Bad" ending but basically unless you really enjoyed the experience and wanted to repeat it, there was absolutely ZERO replay factor.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Easy question. Every Grand Theft Auto after Vice City for me. Ive played the others.. I just get incredibly bored at about the half way point. I say suck it GTA, your a piece of shit.

redeyes

Button Masher
Easy question. Every Grand Theft Auto after Vice City for me. Ive played the others.. I just get incredibly bored at about the half way point. I say suck it GTA, your a piece of shit.
no. no. no. no. no. San andreas was Most likely the best GTA hands down.

1st mission as a black guy steal a bike!? where do you get better racism in a game?
but seriously the cheats and co op split screen (even though it sucked monkey nuts at least it had it) the storyline all of it was sooooooo good.