What's new

Games that the majority think is God's gift, but you think it's actually trash

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
LOL at people saying CoD is a bad game.

Everyone hates it, even the ones that play the freakin' game yell "WHAT A SHI**Y GAME!!!" We just have the sense not to play it.

So "the majority" think it's trash.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Everyone hates it, even the ones that play the freakin' game yell "WHAT A SHI**Y GAME!!!" We just have the sense not to play it.

The "majority" are casual players. And they do not think it's trash.

Reedoms

Noob

The majority made it one of the best selling video games of all time.
So, you're full of shit.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Nah Kof13 isn't the best fighter out. If anything P4 is in my opinion. Like if I even had to list the best fighters out it would be
P4 - ok game execution based, easy to get into, actually pretty balanced as far as characters go
SSF4 AE 2012- Obvious top tier characters, Srk is way too good due to Fadc, easy to get into fundamental based game
KOF13- Obvious top tier characters, team synergy necessary, execution based game, touch of death combos
Tekken Tag 2- Damage is a bit ridiculous, tag assualts greatly extend already damaging combos, stance characters can set-up invisible mix-ups on tag ins, fundamental/gimmick based game,
MK9- obvious top tier characters, questionable balance, glitchy, fundamental/gimmick based game, heavy mix-up, touch of death combos, requires intermediate knowledge of each the characters gameplan to play efficiently
UMvC3-
Blazblu Continuum Shift Extend- Obvious top tiers, touch of death combos, questionable balance, damage is uneven for half the cast.
Skull Girls- Only three real playable characters, unbalanced,
that's just my feelings though
P4 has some REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY heavy MU based fights out there.

Most of the KOF stuff you say is true, but the Touch of Death combos are nothing to worry about. You only have ONE shot to pull them off and if you don't or drop it, then lol ggs.

I'm biased towards KOF because I've played it for so long but the game that I do think is bleh is MvC2.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
As far as call of duty is concerned. I'm a casual player. I play it for its mindless aspects. You don't need to think to play that game. Every single person I know both online and offline seems to hate call of duty so much and yet its the biggest selling name in gaming. I play it because its the only game my brother owns for ps3 that we have in common. He gets all those sports games and I just don't like them. lol

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Well everyone I know think the game is trash. Most of the people I don't know think it's trash.

I'm a casual player, and I'm fairly neutral.

I'm wasting your time aren't I?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
So, you're full of shit.
Actually, I know people who hate the game/think it's trash; and they still buy the newest release.

I'm not full of shit, a bunch of people think its trash, it doesn't prevent them from playing it.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I can understand people not liking final fantasy games, i for one love them <3 i grew up with FF7, 8, and 9 and have played thought the many times, loved 10, and I'm playing 6 for the first time too.

How can so many people hate Zelda? i mean, what is there to to really hate? is it not violent enough? do you have something against Elvis? or maybe you just got tired of Naiv saying "Hey Listen!" a million times lol.

please respond to my post, i really wanna know why so many people hate Zelda games lol. I always thought Zelda games were like Mario games, every has played them, and everyone absolutely loves them.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Most of the KOF stuff you say is true, but the Touch of Death combos are nothing to worry about. You only have ONE shot to pull them off and if you don't or drop it, then lol ggs.

I'm biased towards KOF because I've played it for so long but the game that I do think is bleh is MvC2.
Gold star for you my friend.

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
All games from facebook!​
All games related to a shitty celebrity!....All games that are freeware because we dont have enough money to buy the ones we want the most:mad: !...F.E.A.R for making me shit on my pants and turn off the TV and sleep with the lights on at night:( ...All hentai games who didn´t give me a deserved boner instead a crotch itch(and I didn´t even FAPPED,:qtr :mad: :qtl ) and especially the new game of DUKE NUKEN!​
with respect....PEACE!​

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So, you're full of shit.
And ironically, "the majority" is the very reason COD is trash now, I'm just not enough of a nerd to explain it to them.

Justice

Noob
So, you're full of shit.
People say the same thing about MK9...............

CoD is great! Do you know how I know? It's CoD4 over and over with shinier graphics!

The entire Resident Evil series and every Street Fighter after 2CE. I didn't take to well to Grand Theft Auto 4 either. I just couldn't buy into Nico as a lead character...

BookBurning

Voidwards
People say the same thing about MK9...............

CoD is great! Do you know how I know? It's CoD4 over and over with shinier graphics!

The entire Resident Evil series and every Street Fighter after 2CE. I didn't take to well to Grand Theft Auto 4 either. I just couldn't buy into Nico as a lead character...
Oh come on. The "Entire Resident Evil Series?" I understand possibly saying 4 and up but when Resident Evil came out it was amazing. I'll always remember being a kid and playing the Director's cut of Resident Evil 1 and that scene where you find the first zombie you see eating on a member of Alpha Squad.

Atmosphere was great in it as well along with the fun puzzles and feel of an actual survival horror. Even exploring was fun, you never knew what you were going to find in different areas and different rooms. I don't get how anyone could say they were terrible.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Read title of thread :)

Shit game, poor effects, really didn't find the "survival horror" element to it, it was more like a puzzle game with bad lighting and piss poor attempts at making you jump.

Edit: The corridor with the "splashing effect of death" really ground my gears. How the fuck can that make someone scared is like fucking vice city where if you try and swim you die. cmon now.
Exploring was fun, graphics were fine for what it was, atmosphere was great, puzzles were alright and the gatherers were legitimately creepy enemies; plus the whole fact that you couldn't really fight and had to run created a feeling of suspense that few games have. Also I don't really get your edit, you're pointing out something which was atmospheric not necessarily designed to "make someone scared."

I mean what do you find creepy or suspenseful in video games? I'd really love to hear your answer because it's either going to have to be.

Silent Hill. Or.

Nothing.

Because any other answer would just be completely weird and somehow retarded despite being an opinion. Somehow.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Oh come on. The "Entire Resident Evil Series?" I understand possibly saying 4 and up but when Resident Evil came out it was amazing. I'll always remember being a kid and playing the Director's cut of Resident Evil 1 and that scene where you find the first zombie you see eating on a member of Alpha Squad.

Atmosphere was great in it as well along with the fun puzzles and feel of an actual survival horror. Even exploring was fun, you never knew what you were going to find in different areas and different rooms. I don't get how anyone could say they were terrible.
1 was really good at the time,so was two although when you first got 200 bullets in the first five minutes of playing,it immedietly became less frightening than the first.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
The JRPG genre in general.

Shit is mad boring, repetitive, and the cliches tend to carry over to at least 90% of them. The only ones I could really get into were Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario, but that's different because it's Mario.

Give me Diablo II or Planescape: Torment any day over that.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker

I'm a big Street Fighter fan, but ssf4 is a big let down

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
From what I'm reading, apparently people have a problem seperating "I'm not a huge fan of this game" from "This Game is trash".

Really, people?

There are no words to describe some of the mentions on this thread. How about you make a better game than the Orcarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Metal Gear Solid, Skyrim, or Chrono Trigger and then get back to me. Lol.

Reedoms

Noob
There are no words to describe some of the mentions on this thread. How about you make a better game than the Orcarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Metal Gear Solid, Skyrim, or Chrono Trigger and then get back to me. Lol.
That argument is retarded because you shouldn't have to be a master of something to recognize that it isn't great. Just because I can't make games doesn't mean I can't see that some of them are complete abominations.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The thread isn't about games you aren't crazy about or don't love.. It's about games you think are trash. 'Trash" meaning that the game is terrible/garbage/worthless.

I have no problem with people not liking every game they come across.. But calling it 'trash' is pretty far for some of the greatest games ever produced.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Metal gear solid 2 was trash son. Straight hot trash. Now chrono trigger was great, anyone who calls that game trash obviously doesn't know a great narration when they play one.