What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
I'm still mad about Sony cancelling Betamax support. I should sue because they won't let me spend more money.

Seriously I feel bad for some PC users, but about half of you are acting like babies, especially after most of you were complaining about how shitty KP2 was, and weren't going to buy it anyway...'cause Leatherface.

Sorry for the rest of you true MK fans.
fun fact, mkx pc is only 6 months old, sony cancelling their betamax support after a few years when a new and better technology cames around.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Bottom line,

it sucks for PC players, I have PC version but i honestly dont care anymore.

for NRS to actually do something about thier online is enough for me... they never went to these lengths before!

month 2 of PC i hade enough and bought PS4, then i Bought XB1.

i just suggest that you buy a console.

honestly its hundreds of dollars cheaper to buy Console than Gaming Rig.

XB1 is going for 300 ATM new at some locations.. and cheaper used!

if you don't wanna spend the money on a console i understand.. and to that i say. Play SFV or Skullgirls, or KI.
many of us don't have money to spare on, and some of us comes from places where 300 bucks means a lot in our daily lifes, there's a reason mkx only cost around 30 bucks in steam during release in my country. we spend our hard earned money buying mkx pc, and this is what we got, mind you the console price in my country and few other countries are a lot more expensive compared to US.

many of us don't have money to spare on, and some of us comes from places where 300 bucks means a lot in our daily lifes, there's a reason mkx only cost around 30 bucks in steam during release in my country. we spend our hard earned money buying mkx pc, and this is what we got, mind you the console price in my country and few other countries are a lot more expensive compared to US.
tym struggles even with logic, do you really think "compassion card" will cut it?

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
tym struggles even with logic, do you really think "compassion card" will cut it?
I'm not pulling any compassion card, I'm just stating how they should look outside their bubbles and realise that not everyone got that amount of money to spare for just one game. And it's interesting how people would react regarding this situation, but yeah whatever rocks their boats.

what is there to be interested in, it is as always, some are compassionate because know this was wrong move and blow to the one part of community (small albeit), some, sorry for my french, are jerks, supporting corporate interests, and as long as they have their shiny 200$ game, which WB milked from them shamelessly, they close eyes and dont care.
we're second class citizens here.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
This thread is literal cancer.

For one, this is a competitive FGC site for NRS players. As much as WBGames decision sucks, this is not the place to complain on. Your answers will very likely not be heard, and are best taken to sites like official Mortal Kombat site boards. Every time something controversial happens, this site gets really shitty and painful to read.

There are some here who sympathize with PC Gamers. I am one of them, but guys you have to research this shit. It was well known NRS was not making these ports way before launch and WBGames entrusted High Voltage Studios, a shitty dev to port it. You guys knew the writing was on the wall then. And I don't want to hear people talk about the PS3/360 versions either, because those were also handled by HVS and couldn't manage to pull it off. With previous PC releases not being too good, I don't even know WHY you thought it would change now.

I have a friend who has a gaming PC. I told him "NRS is only developing it for PS4/XB1, this is the best experience you'll get with these two consoles" and he avoided this disaster. I understand monetary reasons, but if you have a job is it really hard to save up about 300 or so, buy a used console and get the XL version of the game? I had my younger brother save up allowances before he ever got his first job to buy a PS3 a few years back, and we're about as lower class as you can get.

So while I do feel sorry (especially for the CIS region, hopefully MS does something about Live over there for ESL and just gaming in general) I don't pity you. And hopefully a moderator can help clean this thread up. It's getting ugly.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

For one, this is a competitive FGC site for NRS players. As much as WBGames decision sucks, this is not the place to complain on. Your answers will very likely not be heard, and are best taken to sites like official Mortal Kombat site boards. Every time something controversial happens, this site gets really shitty and painful to read.

There are some here who sympathize with PC Gamers. I am one of them, but guys you have to research this shit. It was well known NRS was not making these ports way before launch and WBGames entrusted High Voltage Studios, a shitty dev to port it. You guys knew the writing was on the wall then. And I don't want to hear people talk about the PS3/360 versions either, because those were also handled by HVS and couldn't manage to pull it off. With previous PC releases not being too good, I don't even know WHY you thought it would change now.

I have a friend who has a gaming PC. I told him "NRS is only developing it for PS4/XB1, this is the best experience you'll get with these two consoles" and he avoided this disaster. I understand monetary reasons, but if you have a job is it really hard to save up about 300 or so, buy a used console and get the XL version of the game? I had my younger brother save up allowances before he ever got his first job to buy a PS3 a few years back, and we're about as lower class as you can get.

So while I do feel sorry (especially for the CIS region, hopefully MS does something about Live over there for ESL and just gaming in general) I don't pity you. And hopefully a moderator can help clean this thread up. It's getting ugly.
While I do somewhat agree everyone knew the PC port was gonna be rocky I do not think anyone thought they would abandon it. As to my knowledge I do not think MK9 or Injustice support was discontinued I think that is where most of the anger towards their decision stems from.

Make us wait a little longer for updates\content I can deal with that but abandon us and discontinue support and they can eat a dick.

Last edited:
Been a member for a long time and have heard some crazy shit regarding NRS design choices\buff\nerf ect... Stick around you will see it also.

This is in no way a dig on how long you have been a member btw.
Honestly, I think NRS is a giant jackass. But, I came from Gamefaqs the things that have happened there.....

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast

MKX for PC is sold worldwide, try to see it from other countries who got lower way GDP than US.

Mind you I partially agree that it's our fault to trust NRS and WB, supporting the game, and wanting to play the game in our preferred platform. And you even want mods to silent this thread because you disagree with people's opinion here, please tell me I'm wrong my friend.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I'm so salty right now... 2 years ago, I built my PC to play video-games, especially MKX. It was 2600 reais (around 1300 dollars in 2014), and this is VERY EXPENSIVE in Brazil. My PC is Core i5 3340 + 8GB ram + GTX 760SC. Then, I bought the game on steam (the premium edition was 160 reais - around 80 dollars), and damn... the game was very bad!! :(

But I was hopefully that WB/NRS/HVS would fix the game on PC, and the game was getting better, but they stopped to improve the game at september. The game still is bad - I have to play the game with the low graphics for I don't have FPS issues, but guess what... I STILL have FPS issues in most scenarios (LOL), and the netcode is worst than the console's netcode!! :eek:

Then, they announced KP2 that will have Cyrax that is my favorite character in the MK franchise, and the new GGPO netcode... I was VERY HYPE! Now they say that the game on PC is dead... WB/NRS/HVS, shame on you!! :mad:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
true, but there's a thing called emphaty to to your fellow man.
There's also a thing called tough love.

For years, I wasted time and energy on feeling like EA owed me something because I knew a thing or two about Madden. I emailed developers. Broke down how the game thought and explained it to whomever would listen. Then, I came up with ways to make the game better. Some things stuck with the developers and made it into the game. Other things went forgotten by the wayside. Then, a new group took over - and they took the game in a direction opposite of what I wanted them to. At first, I tried reasoning with them. When that didn't work, I went on a rant of entitlement - which accomplished nothing other than making me look like a douchebag. Truth is, Madden owes me nothing. I'm left with a singular choice - to buy or not to buy. Its a free market and I have absolutely no power over their decisions.

Anyone venting, by all means - vent, but if you expect that you will get your way because you're in the right, that kind of entitlement exists only for those with real power and stake in the game - and being a consumer on a message board doesn't carry that kind of clout.

Ahmad

Noob
Then just don't read it?

I understand monetary reasons, but if you have a job is it really hard to save up about 300 or so, buy a used console and get the XL version of the game? I had my younger brother save up allowances before he ever got his first job to buy a PS3 a few years back, and we're about as lower class as you can get.
I have the money but I also have self-respect. My gaming system is PC, I'm not going to buy another gaming system just to buy one game and go out of my way to give even more money to the company that screwed me and half a million other people over.

You guys need to stop posting that bullshit.

some people are making this way complicated, i guess next they will compare it to their mamas and how they didnt get the same attention as others in the family...

all upset (with huge RIGHT) people here are trying to say they deserve the same attention as consoles as it was promised to them thats all.
if you cant take it, then get out of this thread and let people say their disappointments of this shitty game made on PC by NRS/WB/HVS and any other mother fucker involved

---
this is exactly what happened to us when we were complaining about shitty online too, for months and months, and some shitty people wanted to silent those threads too with stupid solutions

Ryncage

Noob

Its pretty sad that in this current year people unifonically think a company dropping support and slashing content from a release platform is acceptable for any reason. Let alone for "lol guys you knew they sucked cmon".

Its pathetic that people are willing to roll over for this and make excuses for a company so clearly in the wrong. Shills that dont even get paid, of all things.

In the end however, this will end up leading to even worse consumer standards, because giving a corporation an inch, leads to them taking a mile.
Have fun paying 80$ for mk11 and dropping another hundo for the "dlc".
Maybe nrs cant start charging you to play their game online specificly. Or start selling networking dlc packages, to improve latency online, guaranteed!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.