What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
MKX sold poorly on PC because :

1) People were afraid it was gonna be an horrible port again (MK9/IGAU) so they waited for feedback from day1ers, and here it was : another bad port, so only a few people bought it at launch
2) People just never intended to buy it anyway because other ports were horrible, and they lost faith in NRS no matter what happens with MKX (good or bad port)

Now you can add the fact that NRS can actually release a PC port, and even if it's a good port in the future, you might just end up buying a game that stops being supported and will no longer receive updates / DLCs.

No need to be a genius to know that NRS better stop selling games on PC ... their bad rep is now at maximum level !

mercureXI

It's kinda obvious that there wont be a "next game on PC", they wouldn't commit suicide like they did if they were planning on releasing IGAU2 or MKXI on PC. Seems like WB cut out PC totally after Batman and MK X ports fiasco.
They just should have stopped outsourcing. Period.

If SNKP (Japan !) can handle their shit on PC even though they are almost noobs at doing so, why can't a wealthy NRS/WB do it too ?

Sasuga

Noob
idk whats funnier, the fact that when mk11 comes out the same people bitching will be right back on board or the fact that people are mad that a company won't do something that is not worth the investment
If it's not worth the investment, they should not have not even considered a PC port.

If MK11 comes out, will not be buying it on PC.

ScuMTV

Noob
I'll be dropping this game due to this announcement. I refuse to pay another $60 on top of the $90 I spent to preorder the game months before it was released. I won't be buying this game on another console. KiT2016 was the last time I touched this game. I had a great time. Great community. But with that, I'm done. Fuck NRS. On to Street Fighter 5.

@bluesdealer that the kind of attitude that many kids have these days unfortunately. They dont even know that fucking consoles wouldnt even exist without computers. And that all their games wouldnt exist without fckn PCs. Try coding a game on a PS4. They are all so blatantly egoistic that it kills my head. I cant believe what is happening in this thread. At the very end we are ALL gamers why not be solidary and band together? If this would happen to consoles I would be furious too because I hate unfairness in gaming especially. Everyone should have the right to enjoy games equally. Some comments in this thread just break my heart. I have no words for this anymore...
I agree, like @Solignac said before, the lack of comradery is the worst here. But they'll just keep going. Just look at them, talking about what is profitable and what's not, like men in suits. Ignore them.
The echo is getting bigger, and WB or NRS will have to respond, we'll see.

Well, the next NRS game will either sell VERY poorly on PC or not be made for PC at all. The damage has been done. :coffee:
or unless they will MAN UP and fix it, no matter what

on a side note on refund, does it really matter? they screwed us with that shitty port for months and we played it for months and after all that, we get abandoned!!!

refund is not gonna heal anything, but im gonna make sure these shitty NRS/WB/ETC involved are not gonna get a shit from me or people i know, spread the words for centuries unless theyll man up and fix their shit

MKX sold poorly on PC because :

1) People were afraid it was gonna be an horrible port again (MK9/IGAU) so they waited for feedback from day1ers, and here it was : another bad port, so only a few people bought it at launch
2) People just never intended to buy it anyway because other ports were horrible, and they lost faith in NRS no matter what happens with MKX (good or bad port)

Now you can add the fact that NRS can actually release a PC port, and even if it's a good port in the future, you might just end up buying a game that stops being supported and will no longer receive updates / DLCs.

No need to be a genius to know that NRS better stop selling games on PC ... their bad rep is now at maximum level !
i will post this every time someone mentions "pc sales were bad" argument.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/boon-says-sales-for-pc-version-of-mortal-kombat-9-are-way-way-above-expectations-and-teases-mk-10.36741/

http://www.inquisitr.com/909469/mortal-kombat-pc-sales-have-exceeded-expectations-says-ed-boon/

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/netherrealms-ed-boon-claims-that-mortal-kombat-sold-huge-on-the-pc/

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It was MK9 though. Many have abandoned the idea of buying HVS-ported games since then. You need MKX and KP1 stats, and they apparently are about 10% of console sales and we have what, 1000-2000 people online?

I mean, some companies are willing to port games for less, that's why I wonder why's the decision, but MK9 stats are unfortunately irrelevant at this point.

Promising were the days, not anymore.

mercureXI

Don't get me wrong here :)

I'm not saying "it's ok for them to stop supporting BECAUSE sales were low (true or not)".

I'm saying sales could have been huge but were a lot lower than they could have been because they outsource and it ends up badly.

If their reason for not supporting MKX PC is "sales aren't as high as they are on consoles", it's their own fault for trying to sell subpar ports to their fans, that still bought that garbage !

It was MK9 though. Many have abandoned the idea of buying HVS-ported games since then. You need MKX and KP1 stats, and they apparently are about 10% of console sales and we have what, 1000-2000 people online?

I mean, some companies are willing to port games for less, that's why I wonder why's the decision, but MK9 stats are unfortunately irrelevant at this point.

Promising were the days, not anymore.
what the hell are you talking about this is about mkx, i saw myself posting him that on twitter few months ago.
oh i see why you wrote that, i posted mk9 links, on which boon said sales were high, one sec ill post MKX links

here, hope this helps, look for second twit, that one i witnessed myself.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/boon-says-sales-for-pc-version-of-mortal-kombat-9-are-way-way-above-expectations-and-teases-mk-10.36741/

Rearawt

Noob
what the hell are you talking about this is about mkx, i saw myself posting him that on twitter few months ago.
oh i see why you wrote that, i posted mk9 links, on which boon said sales were high, one sec ill post MKX links

Both of those tweets are from 2013

Barrogh

Meta saltmine

Yeah, I meant particular links you've posted :p

I do remember those twits now... But I don't remember what he was replying to with that "lost count" twit. I'm not sure if he was referring to PC sales, or sales at all.

EDIT: Yeah, it's 2013. He was probably trying to make a joke about number of MK instalments he's made.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
500k copies of the broken pc version - it's a lot)))
Point being, it's still a lot less than console sales IIRC.

To be fair, MKX port is in decent state at the moment. Probably could've recommended it to anyone if not for the knowledge that it won't be complete in terms of content, netcode and support in general.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Did NRS\WB make a profit from MKX and DLC? I am just guessing who they paid to port was rather cheap.
To be honest, it looks like WB saves on quality a lot recently, at least in PC department (and now they have to leave the market there apparently because their economy-class ports became not up to standards).

Back then they were doing decent job, for example Arkham City was great. They did a lot of PC adaptation as well as just porting. Then something has happened...

Now I hear rumours that Generations are made with WB support, but so far it looks pretty cheap as well except that there are some decent actors. Albeit not everyone thinks if the casting is on point.

But that's beside the point. If WB involvement isn't just wild rumours, then the picture becomes quite consistent. For some reason WB is cutting funding of their projects like mad. I have no bloody idea what's going on, that makes no sense. Probably I'm wrong. But when it comes to PC, my point, unfortunately, stays.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
I feel for the PC players. They definitely got dealt a shitty hand. I really would like to hear why NRS decided not to move forward MKXL. I honestly think they weren't going to get it done in time to compete with SF5 and KI, so they just scrapped it. Doing so however, and the way in which they did was a terrible mistake.
Even if they didn't end up getting as much money as they would want from MKXL/KP2 on PC which I highly doubt would happen, they've alienated a number of players possibly for life, are getting a number of videos/and articles made slamming them for their practices, closed off an entire platform to make profits from, and are going to find their reputation damaged. When IGAU2 starts coming out and NRS starts talking about features and making promises players are going to have Ed Boon's smiling face talking to Angry Joe about the quality of the PC port to point to and say "Not buying it".

Seems like a lot of you guys are forgetting that KP2 was officially announced in Nov. 2015 (Around the Thanksgiving Holiday) and @ no point whatsoever during nor after its official announcement was it stated that KP2 would be Console Exclusive. So everyone who bought the game after that Official announcement, Console & PC Gamers alike, did so under the impression that WB/NRS is continuing to support the game with new content.

Then almost 2 months after that official statement, PC Gamers get told "Oh no, you were mislead. When we said we're making a KP2 you should've known that it was only for the consoles" (According the the majority of the Console Gamers on this thread)

REALLY ??? So we should've known when they announced that they were making a KP2 that it was console only? So, then I can assume that if they suddenly stated "XBOne will no longer be supported. All further Updates, DLC, Balance Patches Etc.. will be PS4 Only" { OR Vice Versa } EVERYONE here would be totally fine with it correct ? Cause ya kno' Business is Business and all.

Is everyone, who thinks that this is completely justified on the Devs part to do, that Naive ? Do you guys not realize, that announcing new content for a Fighting Game during the Holidays will drive up sales of said game ? They announce new content, wait till AFTER Christmas Holiday Shopping is OVER, then make an announcement that it was all a lie. But, again if they did it to u console guys u would be just as happy as you are now, cause Business is Business.

The FGC is SUPPOSED TO BE A COMMUNITY. Communities stick together. It shouldn't matter what platform you guys play on. EVERYONE who has the PC Game is no longer able to stay competitive in this game, because the PC version will no longer be on Par with the Consoles. So any & all new Balance changes that get put into the game won't be known to PC Players. And the solution should NEVER be "Buy a console then." That's what an "Entitled" person would say, because they're used to being able to buy whatever/whomever they want. Not everyone is lucky enough to have Both consoles & a PC and a copy of the same game across all 3 platforms.

The FGC should band together not turn on each other. This entire thread is disgusting & I'm appalled by how little this community cares about it's members. I don't know if it's MK exclusive, but I sure as hell hope so because if this is how it is for every fighting game, then your "community" sucks ass. You guys actually have the power to make a stand & let Developers/Publishers know that this type of treatment towards your fellow "community" members shall not & will not be tolerated. But, instead you side with them & applaud them for fucking over nearly half a million people. All of which are part of the FGC because this is, after all, a fighting game.

Considering the homophobic slurs aimed at NRS and it getting liked by many I do not think they will take that petition seriously if they read it.

I know PC users are upset but that kind of response is wholly unnecessary as well as unproductive.
Well NRS fuck*d PC players in the a**, now PC players are paying them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.