What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
Unless this is meant to be over a small timeframe that ain't right. Steamstats shows over 500k users have MKX in their library. Steam is by far the more accurate measurement.
Those are estimates and secondly those only measure physical copy sales, not digital. The last we heard about sales was that the game had sold over 5 million copies total. One would assume the vast majority of those were on console.

SaturnFrost

HT Jacqui Enthusiast Skin Mod Creator
I don't understand why out of all industries, it's that gamers have the nerve to call other gamers entitled. You go to a restaurant and order a meal, you expect to get what you asked for, and if you can't the restaurant has to comply and assist you with the problems you're having. It's common sense. Entitled is one of those buzz words that triggers me because people don't really know the meaning. Same as people arguing the term casual. Casual, hardcore, who gives a f*ck! Those words are opinionated, just let people game. But Entitled, that word. That word simplifies my due service as a customer and I don't like it.
Thats because you have alot of immature people who really think that the console wars are a thing. The console wars haven't been a thing since Nintendo and Sega were slinging mud at each other in advertisements in the early 90's. That's real division of a consumer population where companies are at each others throats and are letting it be known. Gaming Companies still fight for consumers money but they haven't been as vocal or outright nasty to each other as they were during those times. Since then, losers living in the past have tried to continue that tradition by making lame terms like 'pc master race' or "X platform is better than Y platform" a thing to stir up pissing contests. I've never been one of those type to feel elitist about products I buy. I play games on console and pc (which, funny thing is, most of the elitists also do the same but won't admit it).

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Okay, so we have
  • PC users attacking anyone who disagrees with their opinion
  • A petition stating that NRS should "Give the PC Version a chance" Right, because they obviously didn't fire HVS and bring in a new studio to try and fix it. Also the page is filled with people using homophobic slurs because it'll definitely change WB/NRS' mind
  • People trying to argue that the PC version sold well somehow. (Hate to tell you, if it did, WB/NRS would probably still be trying to fix all the messed up shit it has)
Yeah guys, keep it up, you're going to completely convince NRS to fix the PC port.
The PC version began to sell well, but the PC community quickly became aware of its terrible launch. That news halted all potential sales. If I was a part of WB I would sweep MKX under the rug, apologize, and release MKXL on PC.

'pc master race'
This term makes me cringe every time I hear it. Let's be honest, PC is not the ideal platform, none are, but it is imo the best platform just by the freedom it allows.

I play games on console and pc (which, funny thing is, most of the elitists also do the same but won't admit it).
Diversity is a good thing, but I don't wanna be locked down by either Sony or Microsoft. Eventually I do plan to get a PS4, but it's really not something I'd buy for just a few titles that interest me. The Xbone is a barren wasteland controlled by Microsoft lol.

@BLACKRENEGADE your post speaking for itself ^
Goonie is a well known stream monster, so I'm not surprised at the lack of intelligence. Not a blowup to Goonie cause that's how he is, but whatever.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
still me and not what I've said

on a side note I don't believe in petitions or summoning lord Gaben in the matter
the outrage is real on tym/reddit but PC numbers in terms of players are still small.
let's wipe our man tears and move on, it's just a bad breakup
If you are saying MK is a niche product in general then we will have to disagree.

I will no longer support NRS while WB's thumb is up their ass. It is not like I have a choice though as there is no game worth spending money on a console+stick for. If by chance they release another PC game I will gladly pass on it until it is well on sale and in its complete edition.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
LOOK MAN I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE UPSET BUT THIS ISNT THE RIGHT PLACE TO TO VENT. WHY DONT YOU JUST BUY AN XBOX ONE, CAUSE IF YOU DONT YOU WILL BE MISSING OUT.
WELL LUCKILY FOR ME I ALREADY HAVE A XBOX ONE I JUST REALLY LIKE PC BECAUSE IT WAS CONVENIENT FOR ME LIKE OTHERS MAN. I MAY HAVE THE CHOICE TO PLAY ON XB1 BUT SOME PEOPLE THAT PAID A PREMIUM PRICE FOR ALL CONTENT SHOULDNT HAVE TO SHELL OUT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO PLAY MK MAN

What's with all of the "entitlement" shit going on about all this?

Look, if I go to a restaurant and order dinner, they aren't required by law to occasionally check up on me throughout my stay there. HOWEVER, I sure as shit expect them to. Doesn't matter if it's a shitty restaurant or a fancy one, or if my order is $10 or $100, I expect them to see things through and abide by the customer service standards that our society has implicitly set, because that's what good customer service is. And if they come to my table when my meal if half over and tell me "sir, the server will not be stopping by your table to refill your drink or take further orders for the rest of your meal because you ordered a salad and the other tables ordered lobster, so we have decided that it's not cost efficient to serve you further" then that is bad customer service and I as a customer am indeed "entitled" to complain rather than just take it lying down.

Sure, WB has its monetary reasons to discontinue service for the PC community, and no we didn't sign a contract with them guaranteeing their continued support. But that doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely terrible customer service and therefore we as customers are entitled to be dissatisfied and to vocalize that dissatisfaction to the company.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
WELL LUCKILY FOR ME I ALREADY HAVE A XBOX ONE I JUST REALLY LIKE PC BECAUSE IT WAS CONVENIENT FOR ME LIKE OTHERS MAN. I MAY HAVE THE CHOICE TO PLAY ON XB1 BUT SOME PEOPLE THAT PAID A PREMIUM PRICE FOR ALL CONTENT SHOULDNT HAVE TO SHELL OUT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO PLAY MK MAN
SO YOU HAVE AN XBOX, BUT YET YOU ARE STILL COMPLAINING?

(Hate to tell you, if it did, WB/NRS would probably still be trying to fix all the messed up shit it has)
That just means they figure the money they'll get from using their available resources to fix the PC game in order to sell more DLC packs doesn't outweigh the cost of fixing the game and bringing it up to speed with consoles. Of course that situation only occurred because they did a shit job to begin with. Sort of a catch-22.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
That just means they figure the money they'll get from using their available resources to fix the PC game in order to sell more DLC packs doesn't outweigh the cost of fixing the game and bringing it up to speed with consoles. Of course that situation only occurred because they did a shit job to begin with. Sort of a catch-22.
The game does not need any more serious fixing other then netplay. It is already decent port.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
I'm still mad about Sony cancelling Betamax support. I should sue because they won't let me spend more money.

Seriously I feel bad for some PC users, but about half of you are acting like babies, especially after most of you were complaining about how shitty KP2 was, and weren't going to buy it anyway...'cause Leatherface.

Sorry for the rest of you true MK fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.