What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solignac

Noob
I could see if this was like Arkham, that literally didn't and still doesn't work for its consumers. But MKX was actually fixed, and runs. Pretty good now, from what I've heard. Why should WB or Steam offer refunds? Because people are angry they can't get dlc?
It's not simply NOT getting the dlc. It's effectively killing the game for PC. You think they're going to continue with balance patches for PC now that it isn't getting 4 new characters? Get real. The pack changes the meta for the game and pC players are left in the dust. In an already dwindling community because of the poor pc port, pc players are left with an outdated version of the game and essentially might as well only play story mode or towers. the competitive aspect is dead, this isn't just 2 or 3 skins we arent getting.

Also, do you even play on PC? Because it sounds like you dont. If that's the case, why are you here dickriding WB and NRS and shitting on people who really don't want to pay $400-$600 dollars for a console to continue competitively playing the game they love?

Shtutik

Noob
I don't even. .. like, are you saying that WB should just hire anybody anywhere and slap together a broken version of KP2 just to say they did it? Isn't that how we wound up here?
yes anybody anywhere is WAY BETTER than HVS and no HVS was hired on a few ports and butchered them so maybe they shoudve at least try to change a developer so thats a complete opposite thats not how we ended up here and there are PLENTY of developers they can hire

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Do people not realize that NRS has nothing to do with this?
God damn, why am I on blast for liking NRS? Do you even know who did this to you? I think WB should eat a big wet bucket of shit for how the pc ports (of this and others) have been handled but I already said my peace. This right here is why I don't buy pc ports.
you know its funny. guys like you are pretty quick to give nrs credit for "listening" to the community when it comes to the good things being announced. oh but as soon as the hundreds of dissapointments that come along with said things? "well, you know it's not really nrs, you see..."

if nrs is just an extension of warner bros. then it doesn't really matter who takes q little of the blame here, does it? besides the way nrs pr team handles these situations is shit too.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
@trufenix
the REAL reason it's not coming over to PC is because it's not going to turn a profit. Didn't they hire Q-Loc to fix the PC port? Couldn't they hire them again to port over the DLC?
And the REAL reason the PS3/360 versions got cancelled was also due to this. Don't tell me you are so naive as to believe WB's explanation. Given the UE3 was able to be downgraded to a mobile platform (granted, the fighting system IS different), there was no reason as to not be able to port it over to 7th gen. It was a purely financial reason why they didn't do it.
And i'm going to play the devil's advocate here, I can understand this decision (for example, only 5% of MGS5's sales were from last gen, just to give off an idea), at the very least. But still, I guess honesty isn't in their dictionary. It's really sad to see this scenario playing out.

As I've stated before, we have to speak with our wallets. Maybe then will WB understand we are not to be messed with.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's not simply NOT getting the dlc. It's effectively killing the game for PC. You think they're going to continue with balance patches for PC now that it isn't getting 4 new characters? Get real. The pack changes the meta for the game and pC players are left in the dust. In an already dwindling community because of the poor pc port, pc players are left with an outdated version of the game and essentially might as well only play story mode or towers. the competitive aspect is dead, this isn't just 2 or 3 skins we arent getting.

Also, do you even play on PC? Because it sounds like you dont. If that's the case, why are you here dickriding WB and NRS and shitting on people who really don't want to pay $400-$600 dollars for a console to continue competitively playing the game they love?
I don't get it, I'm agreeing with you that it sucks. Because I use common sense about my hate instead of calling for peoples heads over patches? How am I dick riding?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I mean, I already knew it. Look at my avatar; it's been there for like a week now. It was the only logical reason to explain all that happened, but some people here apparently lack the mental power to compute that logic. I don't have to start naming people, you know yourselves.

This is what we get for putting up with all the crap we've had since release and not asking for refunds, and having hope they'll eventually fix their stuff.

I have been fucked by NRS/WB, and I don't like being fucked by anyone other than Mrs. Braindead.

This wasn't the first time, but I'll be fucking damned if it's not the last.

I'm done with the game, done with NRS, and there's no more reason for me to stay in this community.

Maybe I'll meet some of you in SFV. Maybe not. Maybe go fuck yourselves.

@tylerlansdown thanks for finally replying. But maybe you could have chosen one of the other 364 days to do it.

It's been a fun 3 and a half years, TYM. Going to be weird leaving the site that I've been practically coming to every day for the past 1000+ days.

I'm out.
That Departed reference tho

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
I really think people are overthinking this and not considering the simplest reason - they didn't have enough time. They laid off the last studio last august, then they had to bring in a new studio, which wasn't familiar with their technology and code-base; I'd bet that in the end they saw that the progress on it was slow and they would take much longer to release KP2 (especially with the new online) to pc. So WB cut the cord.

It sucks for all PC players. But we shouldn't be hating on NRS. Shit happens. Let's just hope that KP2 is gonna reach PC eventually.

Solignac

Noob
I don't get it, I'm agreeing with you that it sucks. Because I use common sense about my hate instead of calling for peoples heads over patches? How am I dick riding?
It's easy to use your common sense about your hate when you probably own a console and this issue doesn't affect you at all. I don't think anyone wants people's heads, they're just genuinely upset that they paid for a game that they essentially can't play anymore. If you bought all the dlc, that's upwards of $100 spent on a game that's going to die now. Yeah ok I've heard the business perspective bullshit a thousand times, but it doesn't make it any less scummy or easier to not feel angry about. Let the people who are affected by this express their anger

virtiqaL

Noob
@trufenix
the REAL reason it's not coming over to PC is because it's not going to turn a profit.
This is bullshit.

The PC version of MKX would've more than likely never happened, or at least not right away, if it were not for the sales of previous NRS games on PC selling well above expectations.

The idea that games, or fighting games more specifically, do not turn a profit on PC is horseshit. It's the fact that PC gamers get constantly fucked when it comes to the genre, either they get a half assed version or they don't get the game at all, OR they get it very late after the console release when interest has died off.

Hopefully Capcom does it right with SFV and hopefully the KI port coming is done properly as well.

trufenix

bye felicia
@trufenix
the REAL reason it's not coming over to PC is because it's not going to turn a profit. Didn't they hire Q-Loc to fix the PC port? Couldn't they hire them again to port over the DLC?
And the REAL reason the PS3/360 versions got cancelled was also due to this. Don't tell me you are so naive as to believe WB's explanation. Given the UE3 was able to be downgraded to a mobile platform (granted, the fighting system IS different), there was no reason as to not be able to port it over to 7th gen. It was a purely financial reason why they didn't do it.
And i'm going to play the devil's advocate here, I can understand this decision (for example, only 5% of MGS5's sales were from last gen, just to give off an idea), at the very least. But still, I guess honesty isn't in their dictionary. It's really sad to see this scenario playing out.

As I've stated before, we have to speak with our wallets. Maybe then will WB understand we are not to be messed with.
Dude, the people who made mkx on pc (and every other platform) were fired. The end. It doesn't have to be a movie.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's easy to use your common sense about your hate when you probably own a console and this issue doesn't affect you at all. I don't think anyone wants people's heads, they're just genuinely upset that they paid for a game that they essentially can't play anymore. If you bought all the dlc, that's upwards of $100 spent on a game that's going to die now. Yeah ok I've heard the business perspective bullshit a thousand times, but it doesn't make it any less scummy or easier to not feel angry about. Let the people who are affected by this express their anger
I don't know how many times I have to repeat that I think this sucks but you guys keep tagging me.

THIS SUCKS, THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I BOUGHT A PS4.

Lo0py

Noob
I mean, I already knew it. Look at my avatar; it's been there for like a week now. It was the only logical reason to explain all that happened, but some people here apparently lack the mental power to compute that logic. I don't have to start naming people, you know yourselves.

This is what we get for putting up with all the crap we've had since release and not asking for refunds, and having hope they'll eventually fix their stuff.

I have been fucked by NRS/WB, and I don't like being fucked by anyone other than Mrs. Braindead.

This wasn't the first time, but I'll be fucking damned if it's not the last.

I'm done with the game, done with NRS, and there's no more reason for me to stay in this community.

Maybe I'll meet some of you in SFV. Maybe not. Maybe go fuck yourselves.

@tylerlansdown thanks for finally replying. But maybe you could have chosen one of the other 364 days to do it.

It's been a fun 3 and a half years, TYM. Going to be weird leaving the site that I've been practically coming to every day for the past 1000+ days.

I'm out.
^ What he said

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Yeah, I say the same thing, because truth be told (looking back on what I stated) even something like KP2 could have turned a profit, thing is, in WB's mind, said profit would be so small, it would be insignificant, and for them, it wouldn't be a profit. You have to think like WB man! Think like Konami! haha...*cries in the corner*
At the end of the day, though, it doesn't really matter who/what/why it didn't come to PC. We are screwed over and that's what matters. We shouldn't be in this situation. Nobody wants to be in this situation, and this, I think, anyone can agree on.
Speak with your wallets people.
@trufenix
no, Q-Loc wasn't fired, HVS was. Q-Loc did their work fixing the pc port., and apparently, WB either didn't hire them again, or who knows, really.

Solignac

Noob
I don't know how many times I have to repeat that I think this sucks but you guys keep tagging me.

I'm "tagging" you because I'm responding to your post, I hope that's ok.
I didn't expect for this to happen. MK9 came out after the fact but it did come out on PC, as did Injustice. We were given broken promises ala the gif of Boon and angryjoe everyone keeps using but there really wasn't anything the consumer could do to forsee this. The only thing I can think of is the disaster port of arkham knight. But this sets a precedent as of now which is why I'm not buying any nrs or wb shit on pc
Hope you enjoy the game on ps4.

shura30

Shura
all of the console vs masterrace childish argument aside, the gaming world we live in today forces one to get all the platforms
I have PC, XONE, PS4 and each one has its own exclusives or is the preferred platform for something

this announcement wont make me butthurt to the point of shouting that I'll never buy another of their product again
I fucking bet the art director, programmers, QA and up until to the last group of idiots that screwed up pc players would like to come over here and write a 5000 essay explaining why they're against this decision and how they'd hope to see their creature live and breathe across all their supporters
they simply can't.

and I can't even imagine how someone cannot see the beauty that is MKX on pc, shadows, textures, light, audio
so I am thinking about that guy who worked his ass to his deadline to give the world this product, a fucking beautiful one just to see it end like this

we are venting basically to no one, because it may not be entirely nrs or wb's decision nor from the whole of their teams
I'm sure there'll be a number of reasons beyond what we can come up with on a board
but in the end this is the reality, someone decided to proceed along this path and someone else will take the blame and speculation, we get the shaft as customers

Deitti

Noob
I can understand why this decision was made and that HVS was at the root of the terrible port. But still as a customer, this is pretty unacceptable situation and it simply leaves no other choice but to be very cautious about any future WB or NRS games on PC, if they even happen.

yowbah

Noob
so, here is how the life of mkx pc was:
1) ed boon claimed his ass all over the interviews that pc port is gonna be awesome;
2) instead of taking good care of the pc port wb hired a shitty company to make a shitty port;
3) they fucked up at the launch;
4) they fucked up supporting the game (data erase bug, slow bugfixing, shitty unplayable online which was for the first 4 months, etc.);
5) playerbase highly decreased;
6) guys at wb looked at the sales (which were not that bad) and decreasing playerbase and said "hey fuck pc";
7) instead of working towards increasing the playerbase, nrs make an announcement that pc doesn't get further support and no dlcs;

thank you for broken promises, mr boon, fuck you wb and everyone who was in charge of fucking up the pc port, i really appreciate your doing

Last edited:

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
It's their product so it's not really up to us anyway. I just wish that we were told a long time ago. Just seems extremely unprofessional with such a sudden announcement.

EDIT: Fuck this shit bruuuh

Reactions: NSR
Status
Not open for further replies.