What's new

Frost General Discussion

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
1. What are you guys doing to punish moves that are really minus (like -12 or more) but have lots of pushback? It feels like Frost has a dead zone just outside of b1 range where I can’t punish anything. Stuff like Scorpion spear twirl and Fujin’s bullshit off b1 feels so hard to deter.
If Possible I go for F2 or projectiles. Typically these moves reset the neutral away and Frost isnt the only one who struggles against these kind of things. Sindel's pushback is particularly fucking annoying.

2. Do you guys have any KB’s you can reliably set up besides d2? It feels very difficult to set up a punish from her 19f b2 and most players I fight don’t even attempt to break throws.
If you have augers, then you can harrass with B2~Augers. I catch a lot of ppl on kounter with B2 because i walk in a bit, making them press a button and walk back to punish the whiff. B2 is actually one of her best whiff punishing strings I find

Stanlos

Royal Contributor
Royal Contributor
Is it okay to ask lore questions in this thread? I don't understand the whole cyber initiative thing. Like are Frost and the others like Robots or are the bio and robot together?

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Is it okay to ask lore questions in this thread? I don't understand the whole cyber initiative thing. Like are Frost and the others like Robots or are the bio and robot together?
In the past i assumed they were machines with aspects of the former individual’s soul/thoughts programmed in. But in Frost’s 2nd fatality we see brains (and spines iirc?) being put in the shells. So idk. There might be older references to the cyberisation process I’m forgetting...

Frost might be an oddity as she was cyberised by Kronika.

scarsunseen

Safeties disabled. Mod mode engaged.
Sometimes in the lore, the LK cyber ninjas are cyborgs, and at other times, they are just full-on robots. When they are in their robot-only forms, they still have "meat" when you do a fatality on them. It's just how MK is lol. In MK9 and all previous games, the cyber ninjas were all cyborgs. In MKX, Triborg is totally a robot. In MK11, Frost was turned into a cyborg by Kronika.

Stanlos

Royal Contributor
Royal Contributor
Oooooooooooooooooooo! I totally missed that Frost got done by Cronika!!! So since she is a Titan she can do wtf-ever she wants.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
My question is why isn't Frost in most people's top tiers and isn't winning tourneys? She seems to have no weaknesses and is really good, nay?

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
Oh snap I wasnt aware of those, what strings are there bad gaps?
It's really just her B2 string. And since it's her best string anyone who can blow the gap up can really tear her game apart. I'd say Frost would be stronger if they fixed her whiffing issues but the thing about Frost is she doesn't have something broke about her to abuse. Her zoning is strong but that can just get counter picked. And other characters just tend to have something about them that make them stronger from the same rangers. Noob is a huge pain with how much damage he gets, same with Baraka. And they both have tools to force Frost to play their game instead of having to deal with her pressure and spacing. She's good. Just not the best at anything really.

Frost is not amazing at anything indeed (except d3 antiair). And she CANNOT quickly act on anything in the mid-range. Closest she gets to greatness is spamming augers.

Tweedy played with Arctic Anarchy in the open series and Rezen played his funky Frost-Byte there a few times, but that's about it that I remember seeing over the last year.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

Safeties disabled. Mod mode engaged.