What's new

Match-up Discussion Freddy's Most Recent Match Up Numbers

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I'd agree with Reps #, but I don't have a clear grasp on that MU. It sure as hell doesn't feel like a 5-5 though.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
The best Freddy i've ever played that FULLY understands how to fight against cage is CD. I've never played M2Dave so i'm not including him in that but i've never seen a freddy player play cage like CD. It takes forever to get it and once you finally do he'll just use meter and get out. It's OBVIOUSLY not an even match up. LBSH :16Bit

M2Dave

Zoning Master
reptile vs freddy is 5-5
It is easier for Freddy to keep Reptile away than it is for Reptile to get in.

There is nothing Reptile can do versus consecutive gloves but jump. It takes two jumps to approach Freddy. In other words, I get two chances to AA you with a spike and send you back full screen away.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Nice. Smoke and Kabal are pretty much his worst match-ups then. Each are pretty damn bad for Freddy.

Also, question for m2dave ... On your wake up Tele Away vs. Sonya, does her D4~Ms get a guaranteed check up like against Smoke or are you out of range?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Agreed with the Scorp matchup.

6-4 against Jax though? I would've thought his pressure options against his bigger than average hitbox would keep it 5-5, just a curious observation.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Nice. Smoke and Kabal are pretty much his worst match-ups then. Each are pretty damn bad for Freddy.

Also, question for m2dave ... On your wake up Tele Away vs. Sonya, does her D4~Ms get a guaranteed check up like against Smoke or are you out of range?
Sonya may get a free check, but she has to commit to dashing in advance. Remember that unlike Smoke Freddy also has close spike and EX spike if she tries to be too aggressive on wake up.

I honestly do not mind Kabal all that much. At least you can play your game versus him. The hardest match ups (in order of hardest to easiest) seem to be:

1. Smoke
2. Kung Lao
3. Kabal
4. Raiden
5. Human Sektor

STRYKIE, my experience versus Jax is very limited. CD jr. insists on Freddy winning after fighting his brother.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
its very hard to get in on freddy with jax even with armor cause he can duck with hellspikes and when i do get in he can just use ex tele to get away and build that meter back up by zoning me from full screen.
Show your brother this thread and let me know if there are any match ups he disagrees with.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sonya may get a free check, but she has to commit to dashing in advance. Remember that unlike Smoke Freddy also has close spike and EX spike if she tries to be too aggressive on wake up.

I honestly do not mind Kabal all that much. At least you can play your game versus him. The hardest match ups (in order of hardest to easiest) seem to be:

1. Smoke
2. Kung Lao
3. Kabal
4. Raiden
5. Human Sektor

STRYKIE, my experience versus Jax is very limited. CD jr. insists on Freddy winning after fighting his brother.
I agree

kabal really isnt a huge issue at all for freddy - one of the better characters for kabal

explain human sektor

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
It is easier for Freddy to keep Reptile away than it is for Reptile to get in.

There is nothing Reptile can do versus consecutive gloves but jump. It takes two jumps to approach Freddy. In other words, I get two chances to AA you with a spike and send you back full screen away.
with a freddy like yours you won't even punish with full combo. after one claw reptile can dash to get in. rep doesn't have to jump to get in. freddy can't get claw happy. only throw gloves. it's similar to the kenshi mu, kenshi can't get telefurry happy. not easy for freddy to keep rep out. rep can do his ex slowball set up and what can freddy do? throw out armor? 5-5

You cannot cancel into special moves from d+1 while you are crouching. In order to do d+1 xx teleport, you have to stand first, which leaves you open for EX forceball traps.

Kabal has armor that can be canceled and a 9F normal. Kenshi has d+3, an 8F normal, and a +7 8F EX armor attack that covers half the screen. How are these characters' defensive options even remotely comparable to Freddy's?
u cant d1 if you arent crouching, and you can cancel them, they just have shitty cancel advantage meaning you can poke out if they do more than a 7 frame special(realistically it has to be a slow special), kenshi can counter-poke with d1 shoulder pretty much perfectly safely but theoretically it can be poked out of. kenshis pressure escapes are better but his ex is also more punishable where as ex tele is virtually un punishable, d1 into claw is risky but not to bad if you ask me, if you hit them with d1 into tele they could theoretically flash kick, and should be able to rush in if they have super good reactions or make a read, and if they block they can punish before it gets out.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
quan freddy 6-4 is fine by me. 7-3 is a bit of a stretch.

m2dave how does freddy beat liu kang 7-3? ive played that MU a couple times and i seem to get raped everytime. Low fireball kills me