What's new

Match-up Discussion Freddy's Most Recent Match Up Numbers

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I have unstuck the old match up thread which you can find here. This thread will serve as the new match up discussion for Freddy.

Freddy vs. (Freddy's number is listed first)

Baraka: 7:3

Cyber Sub Zero: 5:5

Cyrax (Human and Robot): 5:5

Ermac: 6:4

Jade: 6:4

Jax: 6:4

Johnny Cage: 5:5

Kabal: 4:6

Kano: 7:3

Kenshi: 5:5

Kitana: 6:4

Kung Lao: 4:6

Liu Kang: 7:3

Mileena: 5:5

Nighwolf: 7:3

Noob Saibot: 6:4

Quan Chi: 6:4

Raiden: 4:6

Rain: 6:4

Reptile: 6:4

Scorpion: 6:4

Sektor (Human): 5:5

Sektor (Robot): 6:4

Shang Tsung: 6:4

Sheeva: 7:3

Sindel: 6:4

Skarlet: 5:5

Smoke: 3:7

Sonya: 6:4

Stryker: 7:3

Sub Zero: 7:3

Notes:

- I am confident that the majority of these numbers will stand for all eternity. The only match up that could end up being troublesome is Human Sektor.

- There should be no surprises aside from Freddy versus Cage. I believe this match up is even at the highest level of play. Freddy can do nothing about f+3 without meter.

- I have also lately been struggling versus Kung Lao, but I am not yet convinced that Freddy loses 7:3.

- Smoke is still Freddy's most difficult match up. Easy 7:3. Get out of here with this 6:4 talk, you cowardly Smoke fools.

Discuss.

REO

Undead
I thought we agreed Kabal vs Freddy was leaning more towards 3-7. There is no way it is just 4-6. Freddy is easier to fight than Kabal's other 6-4s. This match-up should be 6.5-3.5 at the VERY least.

m2dave, I suggest you consult Kitana players before creating match-up charts because they seem to know it all these days.

Owerbart

I miss you
I agree with the Ermac and Kabal MU.

Quite surprised about the 5 - 5 on Cage.

m2dave, which main differences you take in account separating human and robot sektor?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I agree with the Ermac and Kabal MU.

Quite surprised about the 5 - 5 on Cage.

m2dave, which main differences you take in account separating human and robot sektor?
Freddy cannot spike under Human Sektor's horizontal missile, so Sektor is not forced to rush in when he has the life lead.

REO, I never agreed that Kabal beat Freddy 7:3. In my opinion, Freddy is one of Kabal's more competitive match ups.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The Freddy vs. Cage number may actually be the biggest downplaying I've ever seen in the history of TYM.
I have always gone even with Master D.'s Cage. I used to have an advantage versus Dizzy because he did not know the match up. Those days are long gone.

Derptile, what is the connection between Cage and Liu Kang? None. Shut up, fool.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
m2dave, I suggest you consult Kitana players before creating match-up charts because they seem to know it all these days.
Amen.

Freddy is the by far easier for Cage than Kabal and Kenshi. GGA Dizzy will tell want to fight me any day of the week over REO and Pig. He even said so to me in person. Freddy has no spammable armor unlike those two characters.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I have always gone even with Master D.'s Cage. I used to have an advantage versus Dizzy because he did not know the match up. Those days are long gone.

That's because when pressured you stand there like a statue and only want to EX teleport out.

Let's be serious here. Dizzy makes a lot of these 3-7 MU against godlike zoners look 5-5 because the players using the zoners refuse to play the game. You guys just stand there and will only use your character specific tools like armor to get out.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Amen.

Freddy is the by far easier for Cage than Kabal and Kenshi. GGA Dizzy will tell want to fight me any day of the week over REO and Pig. He even said so to me in person. Freddy has no spammable armor unlike those two characters.

You think I don't know Dizzy's opinions on these MU?

Get out of here.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
That's because when pressured you stand there like a statue and only want to EX teleport out.

Let's be serious here. Dizzy makes a lot of these 3-7 MU against godlike zoners look 5-5 because the players using the zoners refuse to play the game. You guys just stand there and will only use your character specific tools like armor to get out.
Freddy has nothing to get out except d+1, EX teleport, and EX sweet dreams. The last two require meter of course.

Kitana's d+1 has spoiled you. You seem to think every character has a scrubby low poke with long range that lowers your character's hitbox.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Freddy has nothing to get out except d+1, EX teleport, and EX sweet dreams. The last two require meter of course.

Kitana's d+1 has spoiled you. You seem to think every character has a scrubby low poke with long range that lowers your character's hitbox.

Kitana's d+1 is not even that good when getting out of Cage pressure. I use d+3 more. d+1 gets punished on block if he reads poke out.

Freddy has better tools for getting out than Kitana.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Freddy has better tools for getting out than Kitana.
Only with meter.

Kitana's d+1 and d+3 are five times better than any of Freddy's low pokes.

Fool, Freddy's defense without meter is just like Sindel's. Trash. Slow normals and specials without the ability to lower hitboxes.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Only with meter.

Fool, Freddy's defense without meter is just like Sindel's. Trash. Slow normals and specials without the ability to lower hitboxes.

No, no, no.

But I'm not going to spell it out for you. I want my team mate to continue to be competitive in these hard MU.

d1 xx NMS xx (several options)

Only with meter.

Kitana's d1 is -15 on block.