What's new

Match-up Discussion Freddy's Most Recent Match Up Numbers

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i could agree with the baraka number but imo i still do think mileena has a adv over freddy.(even with a 47% roll punish dave),
dont feel right calling that MU even,i could be wrong though

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I'm looking forward to playing you again with Jade and Stryker,don't disagree with the numbers necessarily, but I'd like to get a better grasp of the match ups.

I struggle equally with Jade against Freddy so I dunno...it might just be a player issue and sucking at the match up lol.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
D1 xx NMS and D1 xx Teleport are both completely safe, meterless escapes that cannot be counter poked. Freddy players are not unlike smoke players in their willingness to give up up close and claim they have no tools when they have some of the best for escaping pressure.

The only reason i'd want to fight Freddy over Kabal and Kenshi players is because there is no Freddy player that uses this tool, while Kenshi players use d1 xx SC and Kabal players counterpoke with d3 into f3 as ways to escape with no meter.

No way this is or will ever be 5-5. If you want my opinion it is 3-7.

D1 xx NMS and D1 xx Teleport are both completely safe, meterless escapes that cannot be counter poked. Freddy players are not unlike smoke players in their willingness to give up up close and claim they have no tools when they have some of the best for escaping pressure.

The only reason i'd want to fight Freddy over Kabal and Kenshi players is because there is no Freddy player that uses this tool, while Kenshi players use d1 xx SC and Kabal players counterpoke with d3 into f3 as ways to escape with no meter.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

You cannot cancel into special moves from d+1 while you are crouching. In order to do d+1 xx teleport, you have to stand first, which leaves you open for EX forceball traps.

Kabal has armor that can be canceled and a 9F normal. Kenshi has d+3, an 8F normal, and a +7 8F EX armor attack that covers half the screen. How are these characters' defensive options even remotely comparable to Freddy's?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
elaborate on skarlet...you always called us fools for saying it was even. No tell why you changed your mind FOOL!
I never said Freddy beat Skarlet even though Freddy may have a very slight advantage. Freddy can zone Skarlet and limit the amount of meter she can build, and Skarlet is an above average character without meter.

I called you fools for overrating Skarlet and saying she would "dethrone" Kabal one day.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I never said Freddy beat Skarlet even though Freddy may have a very slight advantage. Freddy can zone Skarlet and limit the amount of meter she can build, and Skarlet is an above average character without meter.

I called you fools for overrating Skarlet and saying she would "dethrone" Kabal one day.
is that all...

ok. just dont let her in. I think stage size will play a huge role who wins this MU.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
ok. just dont let her in. I think stage size will play a huge role who wins this MU.
Absolutely.

I think all rush down versus zoning match ups change by one whole point depending whether the fight takes place in The Pit or Rooftop. That extra space makes a very big difference.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
m2dave FYI - You don't have robot Sektor in the chart.

Are you sure Sub-Zero is only 7-3? If Freddy gets the life lead, and he can easily the only move that will get Sub-Zero in is his enhanced slide and that pushes Freddy away and back into zoning again. Sub-Zero's biggest strength is his corner game and Freddy can teleport right out of it or just chip away at Sub from the corner.

As for Cage, I'm not on your level, I admit that 100% no questions. I have however played that match hundreds of times with the top Cage player. Dizzy beats me way more than I beat him, but I do beat him. It is not out of the question for more than one match in a set to have Cage never get in on Freddy. If Freddy has meter, and he usually does against Cage, one bad read is at least 38% damage, never mind all the chip he ate getting to that bad read. And as both 16bit and Dizzy have pointed out, there are ways out of Cage's pressure. I'm still learning to apply them myself but they are there. Cage getting in on Freddy with no meter is hard, frustrating and overwhelming, but it is possible to get out. Again, I know I'm not on your level as a player (and to anyone else reading this I'm not being sarcastic at all) but in my opinion it is at least 6:4 Freddy and I believe I could be convinced it is 7:3.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
m2dave FYI - You don't have robot Sektor in the chart.

Are you sure Sub-Zero is only 7-3? If Freddy gets the life lead, and he can easily the only move that will get Sub-Zero in is his enhanced slide and that pushes Freddy away and back into zoning again. Sub-Zero's biggest strength is his corner game and Freddy can teleport right out of it or just chip away at Sub from the corner.

As for Cage, I'm not on your level, I admit that 100% no questions. I have however played that match hundreds of times with the top Cage player. Dizzy beats me way more than I beat him, but I do beat him. It is not out of the question for more than one match in a set to have Cage never get in on Freddy. If Freddy has meter, and he usually does against Cage, one bad read is at least 38% damage, never mind all the chip he ate getting to that bad read. And as both 16bit and Dizzy have pointed out, there are ways out of Cage's pressure. I'm still learning to apply them myself but they are there. Cage getting in on Freddy with no meter is hard, frustrating and overwhelming, but it is possible to get out. Again, I know I'm not on your level as a player (and to anyone else reading this I'm not being sarcastic at all) but in my opinion it is at least 6:4 Freddy and I believe I could be convinced it is 7:3.
Robot Sektor has been added. Freddy beats him 6:4.

Tom Brady is the only Sub Zero player who knows how to fight Freddy. We played numerous casual games at MLG Raleigh. He did well, but I am still convinced Freddy wins 7:3.

Fair enough. I will give the Cage match up some more thought. The truth is that as hard as it is for Cage to get in it is just as hard for Freddy to escape Cage's pressure in my opinion.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You cannot cancel into special moves from d+1 while you are crouching. In order to do d+1 xx teleport, you have to stand first, which leaves you open for EX forceball traps.

Kabal has armor that can be canceled and a 9F normal. Kenshi has d+3, an 8F normal, and a +7 8F EX armor attack that covers half the screen. How are these characters' defensive options even remotely comparable to Freddy's?

You can do a d+1~teleport crouching. It's just something you have to practice. It's like d+1, qcb, qcb+3.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Freddy could be 7-3 vs. Jade. Ground claw checks her to prevent flashing, and if you see Jade approaching, he can usually land a regular sweet dreams even if he gets hit mid-execution.

Death

Noob
I still think 6:4.

Sonya is obviously very strong, but her offense is not as strong as Cage's. You can, for example, take the second hit of MS f+1 and teleport away without wasting meter.
I personally think Freddy and Kenshi are sonyas toughest. The problem vs Freddy is that once I catch you I cant keep you in. Even when your cornered I have to respect your ex sweet dreams and the second I hesitate you can just ex teleport out and I have to chase you all over again. Sonya cant build meter that much because I lose a trade with a claw and Freddy can just end it with ex ground claw frame traps. Freddy also gets huge damage on a blocked dive kick as well. Like you said Cage is a slightly harder MU for Freddy so I think 7-3 vs Sonya and 6-4 vs Cage is fair.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I personally think Freddy and Kenshi are sonyas toughest. The problem vs Freddy is that once I catch you I cant keep you in. Even when your cornered I have to respect your ex sweet dreams and the second I hesitate you can just ex teleport out and I have to chase you all over again. Sonya cant build meter that much because I lose a trade with a claw and Freddy can just end it with ex ground claw frame traps. Freddy also gets huge damage on a blocked dive kick as well. Like you said Cage is a slightly harder MU for Freddy so I think 7-3 vs Sonya and 6-4 vs Cage is fair.
does NMS 1 sweep distance or close distance away blow up ex cartwheel

Death

Noob
does NMS 1 sweep distance or close distance away blow up ex cartwheel
EX cartwheel is absolutely useless vs Freddy in open space. My best bet is to randomly throw it at him in the corner and thats if Im lucky to even have meter. But NMS does seem to make Sonyas dive kick whiff.