What's new

Freddy Krueger is Officially Hat Tier

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I might quit this game for a while. Freddy having a single good special and anything above a 30% combo makes me extremely salty. If I lose to a single Freddy player I'm going to snap my disc in half and get AE.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
After which, you will snap your disc in half when you lose to twins repeatedly. :p

Joking, of course.

So hang on a minute. This is the impression I have of him so far. He has lows and overheads that lead to big damage, especially in the corner, armour on one of his ex moves, a really strong zoning game and an uppercut with a hitbox that looks almost similar to Sub-Zero's second 2.... Isn't he also able to cancel that military stance thing he has into low and high options. I haven't any time with him yet, I've just seen him on stream and read what you guys have said about him...
Right you are

After which, you will snap your disc in half when you lose to twins repeatedly. :p

Joking, of course.
That reminds me, at Gencon Indy this year we played in a 64 man SSFIVAE tournament, to our surprise there wasn't a single Yun or Yang there. It was mostly Balrog's and E.Honda's xD was the weirdest thing ever.

Subby

Frost Warrior
I might quit this game for a while. Freddy having a single good special and anything above a 30% combo makes me extremely salty. If I lose to a single Freddy player I'm going to snap my disc in half and get AE.
So instead of staying with one single guest character your going to a game which is currently unbalanced to hell? Yeah, good luck with that.

TBH, your just gonna escape one problem just to run into another. =/

I'm glad Freddy is great. I hope he replaces Kung Pao at tournaments. Seriously, we did this with Rain, Kenshi, and Skarlet on day one then we realized they were not as great as we thought. It is day 1 (barely) of Freddy so we see these awesome combos being done in practice mode and not against someone. Some startups are good for a combo, but hard to land. I have not seen any footage, but I'm am going to bet that Freddy is going to look too good until we realize a week later a huge flaw.

Juro

Noob
I'm glad Freddy is great. I hope he replaces Kung Pao at tournaments. Seriously, we did this with Rain, Kenshi, and Skarlet on day one then we realized they were not as great as we thought. It is day 1 (barely) of Freddy so we see these awesome combos being done in practice mode and not against someone. Some startups are good for a combo, but hard to land. I have not seen any footage, but I'm am going to bet that Freddy is going to look too good until we realize a week later a huge flaw.
I wholeheartedly agree. People are shitting their pants for no reason at all. "Oh my god, he can do 60%", yeah, but can he do that against a competent player? I'm going to go with "no."

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Anytime he does a JIP he has a 50/50 chance of getting a 50% combo off, so I hardly can see any flaw outweighing that.

Hes broken or at least comparable to pre-pre-patch KL

Past

Noob
I wholeheartedly agree. People are shitting their pants for no reason at all. "Oh my god, he can do 60%", yeah, but can he do that against a competent player? I'm going to go with "no."
Competent players can be hit with jump-in punch so I'm going with "yes".

i'm more shocked there are so many people are shocked freddy is so good. i mean what do you expect, freddy was meant to draw a huge crowd and if he sucked then he would be a mega fail.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So instead of staying with one single guest character your going to a game which is currently unbalanced to hell? Yeah, good luck with that.

TBH, your just gonna escape one problem just to run into another. =/
It doesn't matter. There are no movie characters in that game.

It doesn't matter. There are no movie characters in that game.
Technically, you're wrong. All the characters from the original were based on actors from old martial arts films.
Biggest example being Bruce Lee/Liu Kang, Jean-Claude van Damme/Johnny Cage, etc etc.

You've been playing movie characters since day one.

See? We can be illogical, too!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
LoneCenturion, those are actors, and key-words "based on"

Due to Freddy and the trolling because somehow Freddy is appealing to players of this game, I'm going to stop with everything mk-related for at least a week. Starting now. It will probably last longer.

I agree, and truth be told Rain even with his damage is......no slob character. It takes a lot of skill to play him effectively since his overhead can be easily fuzzy guarded, blocked on reaction. Maybe freddy will be similar in that if his normals are slow he will be easily read and punished. Does he have a lot of negative edge like Rain for those already in that lab? (Its probably obvious that I haven't gotten to actually mess around with him yet.)

Also too expand, having a lot of lows and mid hitting strings does make a big difference. Or rather having low and mid hitting strings that are quick and safe or give advantage on block. Whether this will truly allow him to hang with the likes of Kung Lao remains to be seen. And as far I'm concerned the spin and dive kick are what make Kung Lao so ridiculous. The spin is literally the answer to damn near everything in this game.....I highly doubt kreuger will have something anywhere near that level.

The spin on wakeup is like.....Jesus doing a shoryuken at the ressurection. Its that good.

:D :D :D HOOOOLY SHIT...i laughed so fucking hard on that shoryuken part of your comment man...now thats something to visualize :D :D

why are you guys poking at revolver, he has every right to hate freddy just like you guys have every right to love freddy. i mean come on this freddy crap is turning into organized religion "o your wrong cuz you dont agree with me, but you damn well better not say im wrong for not agreeing with you, because ive got every right to think how i want."

Loot

the special effects

Due to Freddy and the trolling because somehow Freddy is appealing to players of this game, I'm going to stop with everything mk-related for at least a week. Starting now. It will probably last longer.
Well, technically this Freddy is based on the Freddy character, since the actual Freddy didn't use two gloves nor was he a part of MK.

Your turn.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ^_^