What's new

Four reasons why Interactables are awesome for INJUSTICE

kayuza

meanwhile..
5) NRS development growth. It paves the way for potentially new features in MK10. Came here to see this bullet point, not leaving disappointed.

Okay I can see where you guys are coming from. But I still think something needs to be tweaked. Maybe just something as little as a damage nerf could solve a lot

You'd have to be careful with that. Make something too weak, and it loses it's ability to be a big enough threat to change behavior.

If baffles me some of these concepts are blowing people's minds, I thought this would be common knowledge/the way to look at the game in the 1st place...Lol.

Good to see it's being explored I guess.

Death

Noob
If baffles me some of these concepts are blowing people's minds, I thought this would be common knowledge/the way to look at the game in the 1st place...Lol.

Good to see it's being explored I guess.
If only we can all be on your level :p

NFI

Kitty Got Wet
I fell that the stage interactions will make Injustice have its own special moments. Something good to seperate itself from other fighters. Which is great. Plus people can pay more attention to the beautiful stages NRS worked hard on. :D

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
My issue with interactables comes from the fact that one player will always start with an inherent advantage based on the stage layout. Some objects are better than others and I'm worried player 1 or 2 will start out better off.

Also, I may be wrong about this since wake up invincibility is possible in this game with back dashes and some attacks, but I've seen some videos of 100% damage combos that are only possible with unblockable iinteractables. Hopefully there are wakeup options for dealing with that.

I really hope they turn out to be a staple though. They would really separate this game from the pack.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Jack White's point about an inherent advantage for either P1 or P2 is valid. if my back is to the wall that transitions from the start, is that fair for me? Or vice versa if my opponent begins with his/her back to the wall that transitions.

However, this starting position advantage problem could be balanced out through smart layout of hazards. My back may be to the wall that transitions, but along the way are one or more hazards I can use to turn the tables.

It's going to be very fun to explore the stage layouts and see what the interactables really have in store for us. Until retail release, we can only speculate : )

Thanks to REO for putting up a positive take on interactables.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Also the stage transitions give players some time to collect their thoughts mid-match since there are no rounds in Injustice. Taking stage transitions out of the game is fucked up...it's just going to promote more one-sided matches imo.

loogie

Noob
What about characters who have poor mobility? if say, they want to pick up the car and slam it, and to get to the car they need a dash and a walk or a walk + jump and pick up, whereas other characters have superior air and ground mobility. so the chances are that they will 'interact' more with the objects and use them in combos, for knockdowns, and to set up zoning or whatever. and the damage coming from throwing interactables is somewhat big, 20% range.
my conclusion is that characters with better mobility will be able to interact more freely and get the stage perks more often than those with less mobility options.

Delriach

Sindelly
My issue with interactables comes from the fact that one player will always start with an inherent advantage based on the stage layout. Some objects are better than others and I'm worried player 1 or 2 will start out better off.

Also, I may be wrong about this since wake up invincibility is possible in this game with back dashes and some attacks, but I've seen some videos of 100% damage combos that are only possible with unblockable iinteractables. Hopefully there are wakeup options for dealing with that.

I really hope they turn out to be a staple though. They would really separate this game from the pack.
Stages are important, yes, but you gotta remember that both players have a choice in the matter. If you are Player 2 and don't want your back towards a transition you have the power to select an arena where the transition is on the left side. That could be on the first level of a stage or the second (or the third in the case of Metroplolis). Both players have a choice in the matter and then the game randomly decides which stages gets picked. Seems fair to me.

Jack White's point about an inherent advantage for either P1 or P2 is valid. if my back is to the wall that transitions from the start, is that fair for me? Or vice versa if my opponent begins with his/her back to the wall that transitions.
Interesting point.

However, it is no different than playing a zoner and rolling random stage and getting the smallest stage in the game, or being a rush down and landing on a huge stage.

It's just another random factor added to the mix.

tazzmission

Banned
Not only all of the above, but the mere train of thought of banning elements of the game even before the game has an opportunity to evolve is ridiculous.

It's that same train of thought that caused the rampant patching of MK during it's first 6 months of life. Now we have to deal with Kabal and Cyrax while characters that never really posed a threat are garbage.
like i said in another thread not everyone does tournaments so why should non tourney players suffer because people bitch? if they were true tournament fighters we wouldnt be having this little debate now would we? i mean god forbid at the thought of idea not being able to do what someone else does and they have to work for it. if thats how people are they should quit playing in tournaments because there going to ruin everything for everyone in this debate

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I was against stage BS until I saw flash bash batman's head into a car multiple times, launching him for a combo.

That was gdlk lol. Keep stage BS!!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
like i said in another thread not everyone does tournaments so why should non tourney players suffer because people bitch? if they were true tournament fighters we wouldnt be having this little debate now would we? i mean god forbid at the thought of idea not being able to do what someone else does and they have to work for it. if thats how people are they should quit playing in tournaments because there going to ruin everything for everyone in this debate
Im trying to understand this post but i fail lol

VOR

Noob
I'm for keeping the interactables on for now, but let's just remember that this is the guy who wanted to keep the kabal throw infinite legal.

MoldMan

Noob
Agreed . Throwing a dumpster at somone never gets old. That said, I think power classes get a certain advantage by throw stuff... Unlike a gadget charcter who justs jumps off it .. Like batman

Agreed . Throwing a dumpster at somone never gets old. That said, I think power classes get a certain advantage by throw stuff... Unlike a gadget charcter who justs jumps off it .. Like batman
Could still help you jump over something you normally couldn't with a default jump, like how KF used that tube thing to slide over one of Ares's attacks.