What's new

SALTY Forcing a lag out so you don't take a loss on ranked

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Online randoms doesn't mean jack, just ignore ranked altogether.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Until NRS gets serious about addressing the Rage Quitting epidemic, this will go on and on. The same thing have been done in all NRS games. People realized that closing the app or turning off your console just as the match is over both saves you from getting an L, and does not give the Quitality animation.

In Overwatch, you are punished even if you get disconnected by honest reasons. All NRS needs to do is implement that system only for ranked, and when people quit out of ranked in any shape or form, they get locked out of playing ranked for 10-15 minutes.(yes, even "disconnections" should be locked out) That would discourage all the frauds out there that shit on the experience by quitting out before completion.

But NRS is a troll friendly development team, so I doubt they take a hard stand on rage quitting in Injustice 2 ranked. Their Quitality gimmick is cool, but it fails since quitters have a way around it.

Last edited:

Perdition

"online does not matter though"- says all the quitting types. For most people, their online ranked feature is the highest form of competition they have. Quitting penalities are increasingly popular for a reason: Quitters ruin the overall online experience. When you have 5 to 10 straight games of people quitting out regularly, that shit is not cool.

If it were only here and there when people quit, then yeah...no big deal. But quitting without a loss should never happen in any game because you will get quit happy idiots like we see on MK9, Injustice, and MKX.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
"online does not matter though"- says all the quitting types. For most people, their online ranked feature is the highest form of competition they have. Quitting penalities are increasingly popular for a reason: Quitters ruin the overall online experience. When you have 5 to 10 straight games of people quitting out regularly, that shit is not cool.

If it were only here and there when people quit, then yeah...no big deal. But quitting without a loss should never happen in any game because you will get quit happy idiots like we see on MK9, Injustice, and MKX.
Lmao online doesn't matter because the stats affect literally no one. Not counting tournaments(that obviously dont involve ranked anyway), there's no money involved, no real good players for the part, and all around just no rewards unlike other ranking systems. Online doesn't mean fuck all unless you're a scrub.

For some people online may be the highest they can go, but that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't mean shit. Of course no one likes rage quitters, but the problem isn't them not getting a loss( although this shouldnt happen) but them actually rage quitting. And if they're rage quitting, they probably weren't good to begin with, which means they did you a favour anyway. Yes, people should be penalised, but that doesn't change the fact that online doesn't mean jack shit, and until a good ranking system is implemented, what does it matter anyway, just play player matches and get sets with people instead.

Perdition

Lmao online doesn't matter because the stats affect literally no one. Not counting tournaments(that obviously dont involve ranked anyway), there's no money involved, no real good players for the part, and all around just no rewards unlike other ranking systems. Online doesn't mean fuck all unless you're a scrub.

For some people online may be the highest they can go, but that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't mean shit. Of course no one likes rage quitters, but the problem isn't them not getting a loss( although this shouldnt happen) but them actually rage quitting. And if they're rage quitting, they probably weren't good to begin with, which means they did you a favour anyway. Yes, people should be penalised, but that doesn't change the fact that online doesn't mean jack shit, and until a good ranking system is implemented, what does it matter anyway, just play player matches and get sets with people instead.
Online does mean something, it is part of the experience that you paid for. And it is obviously NRSs responsibility to maintain the integrity of the game. Having people quit out of half the games youplay online can be irritating. And if you can not understand why, you must be a rage quitter yourself.

Since when does there have to be money involved and something to be won so you may have a good ranked experience in any game?? Get out of here with that BS.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Online does mean something, it is part of the experience that you paid for. And it is obviously NRSs responsibility to maintain the integrity of the game. Having people quit out of half the games youplay online can be irritating. And if you can not understand why, you must be a rage quitter yourself.

Since when does there have to be money involved and something to be won so you may have a good ranked experience in any game?? Get out of here with that BS.
I never said that i dont find rage quitters irritating. And are you severely retarded? What kind of logic is it that, "oh, he doesn't find rage quitters *that* bad" ergo, he must rage quit." It's illogical.

Anyway, yeah the online is a part of the game, but they haven't updated the ranking system since 2011, so whats the incentive to play it? Its literally a one and done situation, theres no best of 3, and theres no reward or seasons.

Literally the only reason to play ranked is online stats, and again, who gives a fuck? There's no reason for NRS to get onto banning the people from ranked as theres no real incentive to. Its not like R6S or SFV or Overwatch, so no one gives a shit.

Look, i understand that you dont like rage quitters, no one does, but considering that online doesn't mean shit, and doubly so that ranked doesn't mean shit, there's gonna be no changes. And until theres a proper ranked system implemented, there's gonna be no stopping these rage quitters, and theres not gonna be a reason to.

And like said, ask anybody who isnt a scrub(i.e. any tournament player) if online means shit. Ask them if ranked means shit too, and they'll all tell you the same thing.

E

Eldriken

Who is anyone to tell someone else that their online stats are pointless? Maybe to you, but don't try and shove your opinion down someone's throat as if theirs is invalid.

If their win/loss ratio matters to them, so what?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'm wondering something here. If someone quits, then it's a win streak for you?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Who is anyone to tell someone else that their online stats are pointless? Maybe to you, but don't try and shove your opinion down someone's throat as if theirs is invalid.

If their win/loss ratio matters to them, so what?
Ok, maybe I was aggressive, and i apologise, but I'm saying the same thing damn near everyone else in this thread is saying. If he wants to take pride in his online wins so be it, just don't say that us who think online doesn't matter are all "quitters"

E

Eldriken

Ok, maybe I was aggressive, and i apologise, but I'm saying the same thing damn near everyone else in this thread is saying. If he wants to take pride in his online wins so be it, just don't say that us who think online doesn't matter are all "quitters"
Yeah, that's the wrong thing for someone to say. On that I agree.

I know online means pretty much dick, but I like having a favorable win/loss ratio. To each their own.

Perdition

I never said that i dont find rage quitters irritating. And are you severely (soap bar in my mouth)? What kind of logic is it that, "oh, he doesn't find rage quitters *that* bad" ergo, he must rage quit." It's illogical.

Anyway, yeah the online is a part of the game, but they haven't updated the ranking system since 2011, so whats the incentive to play it? Its literally a one and done situation, theres no best of 3, and theres no reward or seasons.

Literally the only reason to play ranked is online stats, and again, who gives a fuck? There's no reason for NRS to get onto banning the people from ranked as theres no real incentive to. Its not like R6S or SFV or Overwatch, so no one gives a shit.

Look, i understand that you dont like rage quitters, no one does, but considering that online doesn't mean shit, and doubly so that ranked doesn't mean shit, there's gonna be no changes. And until theres a proper ranked system implemented, there's gonna be no stopping these rage quitters, and theres not gonna be a reason to.

And like said, ask anybody who isnt a scrub(i.e. any tournament player) if online means shit. Ask them if ranked means shit too, and they'll all tell you the same thing.
Your point of view is more TYM than TYM. If you think cheating ranked systems is cool, then so be it. I do not care what "the best players" think. Their competitive world is different than your average online consumer.

It is not about the stats. To keep this short...MKX ranked is like playing a board game with a sore loser as a child. It is not fun to start a game of recreational checkers with someone, and when they start losing they get pissed and quit. Online ranked, you HAVE to play the quitting pieces of shit over and over, and over most times. All the while quitting out every single time.

Again, it is about integrity of the video game to it's consumer. But I do not expect you to understand. We agree to disagree here.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Your point of view is more TYM than TYM. If you think cheating ranked systems is cool, then so be it. I do not care what "the best players" think. Their competitive world is different than your average online consumer.

It is not about the stats. To keep this short...MKX ranked is like playing a board game with a sore loser as a child. It is not fun to start a game of recreational checkers with someone, and when they start losing they get pissed and quit. Online ranked, you HAVE to play the quitting pieces of shit over and over, and over most times. All the while quitting out every single time.

Again, it is about integrity of the video game to it's consumer. But I do not expect you to understand. We agree to disagree here.
Never said it was fine, you keep putting words in my mouth but whatever. Agree to disagree.