What's new

For Those Who Like To Write

Still no reply :( I'm gonna wait a few more days then try somewhere else. Boy this waiting thing sucks. I think I'm going to send out two queries next time, but I have to look into doing that.

I hope everybody is still writing. I'm still waiting for a reply to one query. In the meantime, I put together a pretty good synopsis and am getting ready to try elsewhere. Electronic submisson seems to be the way everyone is going these days (if they even accept unsolicited manuscripts) and it's simple to do... so that's good. The requirements are frustrating though sometimes. The constant reformatting......the word length requirements... etc. Definitely wish I knew someone who could help me with this, or.... someone that could just take my stuff and present it for me. This is the suckiest part of writing I think.

I have read some good articles on writing fiction recently and decided to continue working on my story even more. I plan to polish up my old story also, and merge it with the new one (since they're related) I'm nearly finished writing. That'll be 70,000-80,000 words. I wanted to try to put the old story in creatively, but right now, I'm just fixing it up. I'll get there. I want to make sure this thing is as close to perfect as possible. Hope everyone is still putting stories together. Later.

So................. who's still writing? I'm looking for something to read. Anything is fine with me. It's been a while. Hope people put some words together.

Since I'm here, what do you think of this idea...

During my story, two characters discuss a scroll that was found. Thing is... it requires an image intensifier to read. One of the characters explains that he found the magical magnifier on the book the scroll came with...

Anyway, I purposely reduced the size of the text in a section of my own book that also requires a magnifier to read. My idea was to have the reader search my actual book for the 'crystal' that would allow him to read the passage.

Good, bad, or fucking retarded idea?

It was either that or some colored plate that will let you see hidden words. idk. like a blacklight does or some shit...lol.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
So................. who's still writing? I'm looking for something to read. Anything is fine with me. It's been a while. Hope people put some words together.

Since I'm here, what do you think of this idea...

During my story, two characters discuss a scroll that was found. Thing is... it requires an image intensifier to read. One of the characters explains that he found the magical magnifier on the book the scroll came with...

Anyway, I purposely reduced the size of the text in a section of my own book that also requires a magnifier to read. My idea was to have the reader search my actual book for the 'crystal' that would allow him to read the passage.

Good, bad, or fucking retarded idea?
In my opinion it would be pretty cool for a children's book but if what you're writing is for adults it's kinda cheesy and gimmicky.

I wonder... are 'choose your own adventure' books still popular? They allow you to make decisions so that you can decide the outcome of the story. i can definitely do one of those......make it unique even. thoughts?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I wonder... are 'choose your own adventure' books still popular? They allow you to make decisions so that you can decide the outcome of the story. i can definitely do one of those......make it unique even. thoughts?
I thought about making one of those too. One can make a few bucks if done properly.

Anyone have some new material to read? Here's my latest revision of Synchronicity. I'm still working on it. I think I'll be satisfied in a couple more months and submit it, unless someone can point out some problems with it.

That,,,,,,,,, is more important. Lol, still cleaning up my mess of a story. Feeling confident though. Workin' hard on it. I'll update as usual. Can't let a good thread go to waste.

Well holy fuck,,, my book is finished. Hope everyone is still writing. Working on a good query letter. Any advice would be great. Researched quite a bit, but i'm going to try something different than the typical examples provided online. I have one now. If you want, i'll type it out. If i do, tell me how fucking bad it is. Will read stuff other people have too, if you have some.

Gonna try short stories from now on i think, since 80000 + word tales take me so long. I look forward to joining humanity again instead of being stuck in the basement of this apartment like a fucking outcast. At least the light of the outside world doesnt hurt my eyes anymore.

King, that's my biggest concern with my work. I tried to address it, but,,,,,,,idk. I'm expecting lots of rejection slips. I wanted my story to have several interpretations. Not so sure if that was a good idea.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
King, that's my biggest concern with my work. I tried to address it, but,,,,,,,idk. I'm expecting lots of rejection slips. I wanted my story to have several interpretations. Not so sure if that was a good idea.
Lemme see if I can help you. What is the premise of your story, and what kind is it?

Anybody still writing and want to post something? I started 2 short stories. Completed 8 pages of both. Let me know if your interested and i'll throw them out there. One story is about weaponized bees. The other is about a depressed narcoleptic that's trying to find his soulmate.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Have any of you thouht of running RPG's. Its fun and I used to run quite a few on Animeforum.com. You have a GM(GameMaster) whom tells the overall story and keeps the plot moving in terms of narrative. We the players submit characters for approval to be added to the story and interact with each other. The thing is we also fontrol our characters. So its a challenge for the GM considering characters can act in ways you never thought of. As in betraying fomrades during a critical battle or leaking information, dieing, etc, etc. Its hella fun. Most are based of the supernatural so people create all kinds of frazy fharacters and abilities. Nothing OP though.

If you guys are interested I have one called Clash of the Multiverse. Or Seven Memories of The Fireflies. The latter was an idea of a close friends. Cazy story.