What's new

For those afraid IGAU will die now that it isn't at EVO

Will you continue to support Injustice in the future?

• Total voters

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I see things currently as a transition time for Fighting games. Most are riding several years at EVO or special editions and several new titles aren't out yet that folks are jumping ship to follow. This year will likely remain narrow on the EVO lineup, but it'll pick up over the next 2 years as titles finished being produced.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You do realize nobody's forcing you to play/watch/enter tournaments for the game right?
No, but because the mods so heavily fish for site traffic for the latest game they want to promote, they end up cannibalizing the regime of the previous one anyway. They simply aren't cut out to "support multiple games like SRK does".

There, I said it.

I'd like to point out for the record that I genuinely did think about making a thread like this because I'm not that much of a dick and I do realize that there is still a community for the game, coupled with nothing but good feedback for the MK9 side tourney last year. But I felt like less than 24 hours after the lineup announcement is jumping the gun a little.

Let's just hope Pig actually fixes up some serviceable stream graphics this time if he's interested in being TEO again. :DOGE

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
To be clear, I don't have a problem with anyone's decision either way. Like/support (or not) whatever games you want. Funny thing about the poll though...

Of those voting 'Yes', look at the percentage of these people who actually attend tournaments. Or a single major at least.

Those voting 'no'...well....

This makes me happy looking forward as Injustice cools down, as far as tourney numbers go. I, personally will continue to enter MK9 and Injustice at every opportunity.
It's the struggle of living away from everything + working for 8.40 /hr :(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Amen man. Just look at the smash community who kept the gamecube verison alive even after the wii verison (don't want to talk about why as i am not a smash guy but respect their scene) . So if they could do it and the knowledge injustice community currently has with mk9 injustice is far from dead imo.

With that said I have to say one thing about our NRS community ( which I don't like calling nrs but would rather say our fgc community ,as we are all trying to support fighting gamez). Our lil corner of the fgc needs to support our games more. There is no reason why an injustice player who played mk9 wont sign up for mk9 at any event who use to play mk9. Sorry I don't want to hear ure shit about not playing(look @cdjr who I doubt plays mk9 like it was mlg heh) , just have fun & i don't want to hear u don't have 5 bucks to register (heh). In addition we need to support our games. Look at evo last yr we had a run back with li joe vs @Shock for umk. U guys want and deserve the same for mk9 and injustice.

I hate the bs i see at times I for one don't like injustice much but if I go to any event I register for both with my day 1 catwomen.
I am not saying every nrs game needs our support like that but if u played the last nrs game can't u multi task? Calling people out Capcom has what ufs4 & umvc3 (some times even street fighter x tekken). Why can't we attempt this.

Fyi i sed the same thing with mk9 to a point so I will repeat it again now. Props @EGP Wonder_Chef for ure post.
ECT Ed, I WISH it was at Evo but I'll settle for ECT <3

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Ra Helios voted no though. That pretty much kills Injustice for me.
I vote no because I don't even have a Xbox 360 to even support the game. If I do go to any tournaments in the future, then I will definitely sign up for Injustice and support the game. As of right now. No!!!!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I vote no because I don't even have a Xbox 360 to even support the game. If I do go to any tournaments in the future, then I will definitely sign up for Injustice and support the game. As of right now. No!!!!
That's all we mean by supporting the game! Just enter when you can, you don't need to practice it a lot or anything. If you're going to enter Injustice when they have it, you should change your vote to yes!

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Well a lot of you have made up your minds, but i'm in the unique position of never really liking mk9. I joined TYM for injustice. The last MK i actually enjoyed was UMK3. Block button in general really doesn't feel natural to me personally.

I'll definitely continue playing injustice, if MKX is good, i'll spend time on it for sure... i'm excited about the new grapplers in there, but the reality is, if MKX doesn't do it for me -which is already sounds like it won't (run buttons bleh), i may go back to USFIV/UMvC3 until Injustice 2 comes out.

/2p

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ummm... wat? This community is the only reason Injustice and MK9 were "big" in the first place... so you're saying it's not the community's fault when the community drops a game? GTFO.
I think he's talking about the habit this community has of trying to shame people who decide to focus on one game. I hope that doesn't happen again with MKX.

We should just let whatever happens naturally, happen naturally. If people decide to keep playing IGAU because they love it, awesome (I still think the game is a blast). If some people decide that they just want to play MKX, that's fine too -- and no one should try to make them feel bad for it.

The comparisons to Smash are constant, but remember:
-The Smash community continues to support Melee with strong numbers because they feel it's still the absolute best and highest-level version of their main community game. It's not because they feel compelled to just because it exists; it's been their bread and butter for years.
-The Smash community also doesn't need to care about the FGC or FGC majors, and was existing on its own in large numbers without EVO
-Because The Smash community runs a ton of Smash-only or Smash-mainly events, the additional games at those tournies (Smash 64, Project M etc) helps mimic the multi-title diversity of a typical fighting game event and keeps things varied.

I personally love Injustice and will continue to watch and support it wherever its played. But I don't want to see us go down the road of silly infighting, or split up the community by arguing about people who decide to just play one or the other. Let everyone do what they love to do, and the rest will take care of itself.

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I think he's talking about the habit this community has of trying to shame people who decide to focus on one game. I hope that doesn't happen again with MKX.

We should just let whatever happens naturally, happen naturally. If people decide to keep playing IGAU because they love it, awesome (I still think the game is a blast). If some people decide that they just want to play MKX, that's fine too -- and no one should try to make them feel bad for it.

The comparisons to Smash are constant, but remember:
-The Smash community continues to support Melee with strong numbers because they feel it's still the absolute best and highest-level version of their main community game. It's not because they feel compelled to just because it exists; it's been their bread and butter for years.
-The Smash community also doesn't need to care about the FGC or FGC majors, and was existing on its own in large numbers without EVO
-Because The Smash community runs a ton of Smash-only or Smash-mainly events, the additional games at those tournies (Smash 64, Project M etc) helps mimic the multi-title diversity of a typical fighting game event and keeps things varied.

I personally love Injustice and will continue to watch and support it wherever its played. But I don't want to see us go down the road of silly infighting, or split up the community by arguing about people who decide to just play one or the other. Let everyone do what they love to do, and the rest will take care of itself.
I agree with everything you said.

But it seemed he was saying that every game just has a "magic number" assigned to how many years people will play it whether people actually keep playing the game or not.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Well a lot of you have made up your minds, but i'm in the unique position of never really liking mk9. I joined TYM for injustice. The last MK i actually enjoyed was UMK3. Block button in general really doesn't feel natural to me personally.

I'll definitely continue playing injustice, if MKX is good, i'll spend time on it for sure... i'm excited about the new grapplers in there, but the reality is, if MKX doesn't do it for me -which is already sounds like it won't (run buttons bleh), i may go back to USFIV/UMvC3 until Injustice 2 comes out.

/2p
There is no run button in MKX it's hold dash to run lol

Guys. When mkx comes out LBSH no one is going to be playing injustice. I say this because imma stat expert. Qualified "Gaming Demographic Analyst" and the trends show that injustice will br FINISHED and taken out back and finally "Ole' Yellered".

So thats what people feel good posting? Not contributing to the conversation? Going to a thread just to shit on a game?

Lets say the above was true. Injustice will be finished. Okay fine. But youre going to tell me the NRS community, FORCED themselves to play a game so shitty and poorly made that it gets bopped by an announcement of another game?

If injustice was so shit we'd of pulled a smash community. We'd of all just gone back to mk9. what do I mean by pull a smash community?

#WhensBrawl

They held it down and the majority went back or stuck with melee. Now I'll be the 1st to admit im never going to travel too far for any videogame kind of thing ao my opinion may not matter. But if youre going to ONLY MKX that's fine. Cool. But to come into a thread to talk about their game dying.

Its just like.. (no worse since its the same scene.) As when capcom players say the NRS community isnt shit because their games are bad/not as good/dead/dont draw numbers/9am/Divekicked and what have you.