What's new

For those afraid IGAU will die now that it isn't at EVO

Will you continue to support Injustice in the future?

• Total voters

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
You don't have to let it die if you don't want to.

I obviously have many misgivings about Injustice, but I respect the players in the community that do love this game, and I don't want to see those people lose their game just because it isn't at one tournament.

A lot of you joined the NRS scene for Injustice, but we saw this exact thing happen to MK9 once it stopped being an EVO game. So many people stopped playing MK9 because a new game was out, and without EVO it felt like there was nothing worth working towards.

A lot of people kept playing because they loved MK9, but a whole lot of people did stop, and I can't blame them. We honestly didn't know at the time what would happen. Would there even be MK9 at majors in the future? At locals even? And even if there are, will there be more than like 20 man turnouts?

Luckily, you guys have the information we didn't. Even with a good amount of players quitting, lack of EVO support, and Injustice already out, we've seen even very recently really nice MK9 turnouts at locals, majors, and even EVO last year as a side game. Now imagine how much larger those turnouts would be if everyone knew there would still be MK9 tournaments still.

A game can survive no matter what, if the player base keeps supporting it.

So based on what we've seen from past games, I can promise you that Injustice will still be at locals and majors, and it will still get a good turnout. Don't let EVO and MKX trick you into thinking "the game isn't worth playing" or "there's nothing to practice for".

The only thing that can kill Injustice is if YOU stop playing.

If you love Injustice, keep playing it like it was June 2013 with the knowledge that it WILL continue to be at tournaments. If you don't, you should still at least enter it at tournaments alongside MKX just to help keep it alive, because one day you may be hoping the Injustice 2 players enter MKX tournaments to help keep IT alive!

I know this thread is a little cheesy, but seriously, it needed to be said. Also, fuck Superman.

EDIT:

Krayzie started an Injustice Side Tournament at Evo petition/interest check or whatever. Be sure to sign it: http://testyourmight.com/threads/evo-2015-injustice-side-tournament-petition.47967/

Last edited:

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
Yeah I'm Definitely all for keeping it alive... the only thing is that history tends to repeat itself.... But it shouldn't be that way we should change our ways or stop letting others change our ways and or opinions about a games because it's not at a major tournament... Need to stop living in a state of Dogma people!!! good read...

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I will still play injustice on the side for sure.
Will i practice it, not so much, but if i go to an event that has injustice, i will be sure to enter.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yeah I'm Definitely all for keeping it alive... the only thing is that history tends to repeat itself.... But it shouldn't be that way we should change our ways or stop letting others change our ways and or opinions about a games because it's not at a major tournament... Need to stop living in a state of Dogma people!!! good read...
History tends to repeat itself, but back in the MK9 to Injustice transition, we had no history to look back on! In the Injustice to MKX transition, we can look at evidence from the past and use that information to keep Injustice alive.

What's that saying? "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it"? So we'll be the ones who learn, not repeat.

Also, fuck Superman.

daddydab32ho

History tends to repeat itself, but back in the MK9 to Injustice transition, we had no history to look back on! In the Injustice to MKX transition, we can look at evidence from the past and use that information to keep Injustice alive.

What's that saying? "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it"? So we'll be the ones who learn, not repeat.

Also, fuck Superman.
yeah that's so true man I'm all for it... yeah we are still a young community we can definitely learn from our mistakes and take a page or two out of Capcom community!!!

daddydab32ho

yeah that's so true man I'm all for it... yeah we are still a young community we can definitely learn from our mistakes and take a page or two out of Capcom community!!!
ahaha lolz Oh Superman hey man I felt you've overcome that match once you beat Slayer.. you Beat my Superman too at MLG ahaha

EGP Wonder_Chef

If you want to be realistic, no one is going to play Injustice besides the Injustice players who don't like MKX. Was the same for MK9. At least, aside from players making their own Injustice/MK9 side tournaments.
The whole point of this thread is that we don't have to make the same mistakes that we made for MK9. We can change things for the better.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
90% of the NRS community stopped caring about Injustice the day MKX was announced (myself included). I know, I know.....I'm exaggerating the numbers, but still. It's just the way it is.

If people want to keep playing it, there's nothing stopping them and I'm all for it. However, I have to be honest - I don't care about it anymore. I'm in full fucking MK mode and will be for the next several years. I actually watch MK9 footage over Injustice right now....even if it's old content.

There's no chance that Injustice disc comes out of the case once MKX is in my hands.

EGP Wonder_Chef

90% of the NRS community stopped caring about Injustice the day MKX was announced (myself included). I know, I know.....I'm exaggerating the numbers, but still.

If people want to keep playing it, there's nothing stopping them and I'm all for it. However, I have to be honest - I don't care about it anymore. I'm in full fucking MK mode and will be for the next several years. I actually watch MK9 footage over Injustice right now....even if it's old content.
Nobody is asking you to care about playing Injustice, just to support it!

Some day you might be in the reverse situation with Injustice 2!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Nobody is asking you to care about playing Injustice, just to support it!

Some day you might be in the reverse situation with Injustice 2!
I support the people who still want to play it, but I can't help the fact that it no longer interests me. You know what I mean? I'm not going to watch a stream of people playing a game I no longer care about. It's just the way it is. =/

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
only MKX forward to now .... during 2015 and 2016 at least .... IGAU did it its part as a new franchise to fighting game community and if a second game come up some day, that will be welcomed; but, time to move on to the main protagonist of TYM and MK community : MKX .... MKX fully attention. :D