What's new

For Honor

But if that is the only reason why warlord beats pk then no warlord doesnt beat pk. First you would have to guess or predict when the zone would comes out because its no way you can react to it or see it coming while im guessing im using stamina that warlord desperately needs against pk. I think pk beats warlord or its a even match up with a slight edge to pk
No definitely not. You can throw out full guard almost every time you think a pk is going to attack and you won't be punished for it. Worst case scenario you run out of stamina and won't be punished the entire time and you get your stamina back. If just one time the pk guesses wrong she is either out of stamina or close to it. It's different when she is out of stamina tho compared to when warlord is because warlord can do a 50/50 on her when she is out of stamina. It's definitely in favor of warlord

Reactions: GAV
WTF you cant ban pk without banning all the other top tiers that doesn't make any sense
Its whatever I dont care. Those fucking shitters on reddit will soon realize that almost every move is as fast as pks lights and theyll just attack every single hero until the games dead.

In the meantime im picking up conq for the next gb tourney just to prove that banning pk isnt a soulution to the problem

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Its whatever I dont care. Those fucking shitters on reddit will soon realize that almost every move is as fast as pks lights and theyll just attack every single hero until the games dead.

In the meantime im picking up conq for the next gb tourney just to prove that banning pk isnt a soulution to the problem

Pick up warlord Basic fuck conq. naw stick with conq dont want my character getting banned lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
An idea for changing parries.

Change it to another button, such as L1/LB, and give it an animation. You would still do it the same way, except now with a different button and there's an animation. The animation on whiff would give the opponent a free guard break.

Another option would be the same thing, but instead the parry costs a good chunk of stamina, and you CAN tech a guardbreak, BUT can punish it with a light.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Ok never again why do i keep trying see if i can get good games in 4v4 deathmatch its the most aids cancerous game mode in the whole game wow. Please ubisoft take away the whole power up bullshit dont give the pussies who play this game more incentive to run away. But even that wouldn't stop them, going back to 1v1 i guess

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
An idea for changing parries.

Change it to another button, such as L1/LB, and give it an animation. You would still do it the same way, except now with a different button and there's an animation. The animation on whiff would give the opponent a free guard break.

Another option would be the same thing, but instead the parry costs a good chunk of stamina, and you CAN tech a guardbreak, BUT can punish it with a light.
Thoughts on this idea? Any other suggestions?

Wouldn't the light just hit someone feinting to bait a parry though?
No

But some lights can be canceled so this wouldn't really work. It would make offense better tho, you'd be throwing out potential parries more often on your attacks

However the bigger issue isn't not getting a punish after a party attempt the bigger issue is there's no disadvantage for not going for a parry and just blocking. They should make blocking cost stamina and parrying not or make it so blocking deals a lot more chip

Last edited:

Darumm

Noob
However the bigger issue isn't not getting a punish after a party attempt the bigger issue is there's no disadvantage for not going for a parry and just blocking. They should make blocking cost stamina and parrying not or make it so blocking deals a lot more chip
I would say the biggest disadvantage for not going for parries is that you are letting your opponent to pressure you without major consequences, having said that, after like 3 weeks of not playing For Honor my defense is severely lacking, my parry timing is non existent and using Kensei (a class which greatly benefits from parrying imho) I managed to win some rounds (never the full duel, haven't won a single one since returning)
But of course, making block cost stamina should come with other changes, like reviewing the balance between ofensive and defensive stamina cost, the unblockables that take out stamina from the opponent (something I would remove), etc

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No

But some lights can be canceled so this wouldn't really work. It would make offense better tho, you'd be throwing out potential parries more often on your attacks

So you're saying if I see you goin for a heavy and predict a feint, a light won't connect? I think you're wrong about that.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
What do you guys think about being able to chain light attacks i think it would give you the ability to pressure more on offense and it would look cool give the game a more cinematic play style

So you're saying if I see you goin for a heavy and predict a feint, a light won't connect? I think you're wrong about that.
No if you timed the lights as a parry it wouldn't hit me it's the same thing as crushing counter. In fact you'll be able to parry it after you feint fine but it will take a larger skill gap than parrying a heavy

I would say the biggest disadvantage for not going for parries is that you are letting your opponent to pressure you without major consequences, having said that, after like 3 weeks of not playing For Honor my defense is severely lacking, my parry timing is non existent and using Kensei (a class which greatly benefits from parrying imho) I managed to win some rounds (never the full duel, haven't won a single one since returning)
But of course, making block cost stamina should come with other changes, like reviewing the balance between ofensive and defensive stamina cost, the unblockables that take out stamina from the opponent (something I would remove), etc
when everything is reactable after the bocked string there's no point and that's not even including characters who get parries es with blocks. There needs to be some punish and right now there isn't

Darumm

Noob
when everything is reactable after the bocked string there's no point and that's not even including characters who get parries es with blocks. There needs to be some punish and right now there isn't
From what I understand, you can't punish someone after blocking (unless there are some cases that you could, but I don't know that much) and you can punish, at least in most cases, after a parry, be it a light attack or a guard break (I am aware that there are some cases that you don't get a punish after a parry).
So, if I am correct (at least partially) you would be missing opportunities for punishing your opponents if you do not attempt parries.
Being defense the strongest aspect in the game, not getting a punish after blocking the opponents attack it's preventing defense to be stronger and having to risk parrying (assuming there is a risk, if there is not it must be fixed, like not being able to cancel the heavy attack that initiated because the opponent feinted) to get a punish is what is letting the offensive player to open up the defensive one (among other things)
Then again, there is a lot I still don't know about the game, so I'm probably failing to see somethings

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
From what I understand, you can't punish someone after blocking (unless there are some cases that you could, but I don't know that much) and you can punish, at least in most cases, after a parry, be it a light attack or a guard break (I am aware that there are some cases that you don't get a punish after a parry).
So, if I am correct (at least partially) you would be missing opportunities for punishing your opponents if you do not attempt parries.
Being defense the strongest aspect in the game, not getting a punish after blocking the opponents attack it's preventing defense to be stronger and having to risk parrying (assuming there is a risk, if there is not it must be fixed, like not being able to cancel the heavy attack that initiated because the opponent feinted) to get a punish is what is letting the offensive player to open up the defensive one (among other things)
Then again, there is a lot I still don't know about the game, so I'm probably failing to see somethings
I see it the same way.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I ran a few games with my no gear Nobushi and did surprisingly well.

Is Nobushi bad? If so, someone please explain why... Nobushi is really fun to play...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I ran a few games with my no gear Nobushi and did surprisingly well.

Is Nobushi bad? If so, someone please explain why... Nobushi is really fun to play...
There's a completely different tier list for duels/brawl and 4v4 game modes. Nobushi is quite good in 4v4, sub par in duels.