What's new

For Honor

Like I said, it's going to be hard to nerf him without gutting him. Hope Ubisoft instead of nerfing Warlord just buffs the underperforming characters.
no they need to nerf him. If the other characters were buffed to meet his standard, offense would be way to op. Just think pk but even better because pk is still at a disadvantage against warlord. They need a nice middle ground.

Reactions: GAV

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
no they need to nerf him. If the other characters were buffed to meet his standard, offense would be way to op. Just think pk but even better because pk is still at a disadvantage against warlord. They need a nice middle ground.
the key words were "the under performing characters"

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Servers appear to be down.. I dont know if its for everyone or what.. but some googling says a shit ton of people arent able to log in. An interesting and auspicious start.

Like I said, it's going to be hard to nerf him without gutting him. Hope Ubisoft instead of nerfing Warlord just buffs the underperforming characters.
No I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Pk, someone who obviously doesnt need buffs, still has a hard time against warlord. We do not need a bunch of buffed pks and an op warlord we need a not so op warlord

EntropicByDesign

Ok, so managed to get in the do the tutorials and run like two story missions, just to get a feel for things. Couple questions..

Do I have to do the single player content? I know it grants steel and such, and I assume I.. well, I dont know how to use steel yet. Do I get gear or something I have to have to be effective from the campaign? I hope not, because I already *really* like the combat, but the missions annoy me.

My MAIN focus will be 1v and 2v modes, does gear heavily effect these modes? Along with these passive skills I have unlocked during the first two story missions? Im treating this like a fighting game, and ideally, id like to keep an even playing field, so I'll grind out stat and gear and level stuff if I have too, but does it matter in 1 and 2v and is the benefit like a 'must' or just a small extra?

Finally, how do I GET gear? I assume I just play the campaign and multiplayer? And is there a particular multiplayer mode that levels/accumulates gear faster? Assuming its needed.. If its just cosmetic in 1 and 2v then I dont care and I'll just play my preferred modes.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Ok, so managed to get in the do the tutorials and run like two story missions, just to get a feel for things. Couple questions..

Do I have to do the single player content? I know it grants steel and such, and I assume I.. well, I dont know how to use steel yet. Do I get gear or something I have to have to be effective from the campaign? I hope not, because I already *really* like the combat, but the missions annoy me.

My MAIN focus will be 1v and 2v modes, does gear heavily effect these modes? Along with these passive skills I have unlocked during the first two story missions? Im treating this like a fighting game, and ideally, id like to keep an even playing field, so I'll grind out stat and gear and level stuff if I have too, but does it matter in 1 and 2v and is the benefit like a 'must' or just a small extra?

Finally, how do I GET gear? I assume I just play the campaign and multiplayer? And is there a particular multiplayer mode that levels/accumulates gear faster? Assuming its needed.. If its just cosmetic in 1 and 2v then I dont care and I'll just play my preferred modes.
You get coins and a few cosmetic items for your characters for beating the campaign. Mainly ornaments and engravings for some of your characters.

Gear has no effect on 1v1 and 2v2. They are just cosmetic. They do change your attributes in 4v4 though.

You unlock a 0-2 pieces of gear after every multiplayer game and they can be purchased through packs. But I don't recommend buying packs till you are rep 2-3 with a character because thats when you unlock the cool shit

Nah you dont have to finish the campaign it just gives you some cool cosmetic stuff (engravings,symbols and ornaments for each hero) and some steel to buy more cosmetic stuff.
Gear doesnt effect 1v1 and 2v2 and is purely cosmetic in them. The skills and levels are exclusive to campaign.
Gear comes to you over a period of time while playing matches. I believe there is 3 or 4 cosmetically different items per rarity for every thing you can edit on your hero. So there are 4 unique commons, 3 unique rares, 3 unique legendaries and 1 special one for the sword,helmet,shield etc. You wont get to the rares,legendaries and special until 3-4rep tho (prestige)

EntropicByDesign

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

My brain is a little fried today and its late, so I think Im gonna wait till tomorrow to dive in to multiplayer - but the 'feel' of the game is superb, and I know its just bots and shit, but when you parry and punish, its a nice, crunchy and visceral feeling. Love it.

Gotta say, they need to hire the MKX sounds design guys to come in and make a total sound effects overhaul. Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn that would be amazing.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Holy crap don't ever bother with 4v4. I'm 3-ish hours into this game now and have yet to meet anyone who's not at least Rep 2.

I only played 4v4 elimination once and never again lol. This game's matchmaking is absolute ass

Darumm

Noob
I don't understand why the person with the life lead doesn't win instead of it being a draw. Why did they not make the life lead mechanic like other fighting games?
I think they didn't do that because the player with the life lead could just run across the map until the time out, the way it works now, you have to fight if you want to win.

Does anyone has any advice for playing Warden?
I've been trying her yesterday and I really suck

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think they didn't do that because the player with the life lead could just run across the map until the time out, the way it works now, you have to fight if you want to win.

Does anyone has any advice for playing Warden?
I've been trying her yesterday and I really suck
Alternate between his quick strikes and his shoulder bash.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Dont know if any warlords already know this tech but if people are trying to roll out of headbut pressure you can dash forward heavy on a read of course were he does that superman armor leap thing dont remember the name of it, but it catches back dash and roll attempts with a brutal heavy followed up with more headbutts. This chararcter is op i must admit it lul

Was playing this game last night.

I was on a fucking roll. Unstoppable. Then just as I was about to call up the local fire department to inform them that they needed to come put out the unstoppable blaze that is my game - realized I had been in a lobby with mostly bots...

I dig the game. Its fun. Though it feels way too easy for fights to become lopsided if just one player is missing or underperforming. I play exclusively Raider as of now.