Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Anthrax

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Slayer

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Here's a band from Ohio. They asked me to play lead for them after I moved to Florida and I respectfully declined. I listen to them now and think that would have been a blast.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Definitely some similarities there ^.

Anyone listen to Korn at all? I know they may not fall under "metal" but some of their songs are metalish with the screaming, has a nice ring to it. Or Disturbed?

Spletty

Grandmaster

Anyone listen to Korn at all? I know they may not fall under "metal" but some of their songs are metalish with the screaming, has a nice ring to it. Or Disturbed?
Korn had some ok stuff but disturbed was garbage if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux

Korn are awesome, dont like they're dubstep crossover they just did though, alt metal is a dodgy subject amongst metalheads in general though you either love it or hate it, disturbed i gotta be honest i never really liked them although they're older stuff was a lot more fun to listen to.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Korn are awesome, dont like they're dubstep crossover they just did though, alt metal is a dodgy subject amongst metalheads in general though you either love it or hate it, disturbed i gotta be honest i never really liked them although they're older stuff was a lot more fun to listen to.
Yeah, their dubstep I enjoy because I'm into trance, techno a lot and skrillex is awesome and I enjoy Korn too. Like that song Chaos lives in everything or whatever it's called, good song I love it

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I hope I won't get in trouble by bumping this thred, but yup, Metallica are only in the big four just because they placed metal into the mainstream. Other than that, they don't have anything awsome beyond Injustice imo. Plus, Lars is an average drummer. I'm an amature drummer myself and I can play his stuff a lot cleaner than he does live.
Now,Megadeth's Dave Mustaine has become an idiot, I still respect his music because yes, he and his various band lineups have made awsome music. His statements nowadays is what kills it for me. Damn Christian Republican bastard. But the best band out of those for is Slayer imo. Anthrax, meh, I couldn't get into them as much. I think Testament or Exodus should've been included because that's pure thrash right there.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
slayer should be top for sure: what you know about this
classic metal for me at least
a band i saw open for suicidal and have loved it since

I hope I won't get in trouble by bumping this thred, but yup, Metallica are only in the big four just because they placed metal into the mainstream. Other than that, they don't have anything awsome beyond Injustice imo. Plus, Lars is an average drummer. I'm an amature drummer myself and I can play his stuff a lot cleaner than he does live.
Now,Megadeth's Dave Mustaine has become an idiot, I still respect his music because yes, he and his various band lineups have made awsome music. His statements nowadays is what kills it for me. Damn Christian Republican bastard. But the best band out of those for is Slayer imo. Anthrax, meh, I couldn't get into them as much. I think Testament or Exodus should've been included because that's pure thrash right there.
The problem with this statement is that Metallica are still much better than the other three.
Megadeth is alright(Which is a step up from my opinion of them a year ago.) Dave's voice and their really annoying solos really drag them down, IMO.
Anthrax is fucking boring. That's it.
Slayer try too hard to be heavy and have poor musicianship. They also can't seem to decide if they wanna play Thrash metal or Death metal.

If you want shit similar to Slayer but actually, ya know, good, hit up Vader for the more Death edge or Evile for the Thrash.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
i dont see how anybody who actually follows music enough to follow and enjoy underground music could think that metallica is a better METAL band than slayer. maybe they are a better ROCK band lol, but Slayer has the METAL on lock. don't get me wrong i love metallicas actual METAL songs but they seem to be too few and far between. and for tetra spirit saying anthrax is boring, na they are good especially the older stuff. just not the caliber of what i would call top metal band. and slayer having bad musicianship? you kidding? they are freakin raw. what a metal band should be. screw all that perfect studio sound shit, this is why i prefer music live cuz it comes out pure and raw, imo at least how it was meant too. this is one of the things i like about punk/hardcore/metal in the first place.

Error

DF2+R2
The problem with this statement is that Metallica are still much better than the other three.
Megadeth is alright(Which is a step up from my opinion of them a year ago.) Dave's voice and their really annoying solos really drag them down, IMO.
Anthrax is fucking boring. That's it.
Slayer try too hard to be heavy and have poor musicianship. They also can't seem to decide if they wanna play Thrash metal or Death metal.

If you want shit similar to Slayer but actually, ya know, good, hit up Vader for the more Death edge or Evile for the Thrash.
The problem with this statement is that you're implying your opinion is holds more weight than his.

The only talented members in Metallica were their bassists and Dave Mustaine, but they all lucked out and left the band on different terms.

InFlames

dead
(Old)In Flames, Soilwork, (Old)Blinded Colony, (Old)Mnemic, and (Old)Scar Symmetry.
Melodic Death Metal is were it's at, though I hate how every good band sells themselves out eventually. :(

The problem with this statement is that you're implying your opinion is holds more weight than his.

The only talented members in Metallica were their bassists and Dave Mustaine, but they all lucked out and left the band on different terms.
Considering Justice is just as good, or better, than their previous albums, I'm gonna have to say that no, neither Dave nor Cliff were the only talented members.

Considering Justice is just as good, or better, than their previous albums, I'm gonna have to say that no, neither Dave nor Cliff were the only talented members.
I'll go as far to say that James Hetfield is a great rhythm guitarist and vocalist. I think his lyric writing is okay. If it were up to me, I would've had Dave,Cliff,James, and Lars as Metallica throughout the 80s. Think it would've been good shit.

Error

DF2+R2
Just as good as MOP maybe, but no way near better than Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning. Especially not with that completely mixed out bass. And I also included Newsted and Trujillo in that bassist list. Everyone else in the band is meh.

But you know, arguing opinions, we might as well sit and stare at clouds and argue whether it looks like cock and balls or an ice cream cone.

Just as good as MOP maybe, but no way near better than Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning. Especially not with that completely mixed out bass. And I also included Newsted and Trujillo in that bassist list. Everyone else in the band is meh.

But you know, arguing opinions, we might as well sit and stare at clouds and argue whether it looks like cock and balls or an ice cream cone.
What is everyone's obsession with RtL? Yeah, it's damn good and all, but MoP and Justice shit on it. <.< It's not even in the same ballpark.
And KeA is like, decent. Not incredible like the others.

*Note* I get sicks kicks out of arguing music so don't take this as me being douchy or anything. <.<

Error

DF2+R2
What is everyone's obsession with RtL? Yeah, it's damn good and all, but MoP and Justice shit on it. <.< It's not even in the same ballpark.
And KeA is like, decent. Not incredible like the others.

*Note* I get sicks kicks out of arguing music so don't take this as me being douchy or anything. <.<
My guess is they were more important stylistically to influencing other bands. And from what I've heard from other Metallica fans is that MOP get's boring after a while. I don't like giving good ratings to Metallica's albums because I don't get anything from the band, I hate Hetfield's vocals and I don't like anything about Lars. I want to go back to discussing Death Metal, because that's where my interest is atm.