What's new

General/Other first impression: batgirl is ridiculously good

To me people who start playing an MMO / RPG / any other game where you can create a character and create a female character are weird.
Why would you do that?
I personally would try to create / play a character I can identify with at least a little bit. Therefore I never play female characters / black guys / asian guys / robots, because I'm a white, humanoid male :-|
So wait hypothetically speaking if your family was violently murdered by some thugs and you met a women who's family was also violently murdered by some thugs the only thing keeping you from relating to her despite going through the same tragedy is that she doesn't have a penis like you? Even if you shared the same family cause *GASP* said woman is your sister and you both lost your family?

K makes prefect sense.:rolleyes:

You don't have to be the same race or gender to relate to people. They deal with the same harsh reality you and everyone else does everyday.

That's awesome man. I wish more people were so terrified of identifying with anything other than themselves that they couldn't even play a video game as something different. Truly we would live in a paradise.
You sir, are stupid.

I just think it's weird. I mean when I play something like Prototype...
Let me cut you off right there.
I too played Prototype and enjoyed the hell out of it. And especially when it comes to Prototype you have a main character who doesn't have that much of a backstory / personality / looks, that you would care about. He is simply a hooded man. He is neutral.
Prototype 2 on the other hand? You have your black guy, who had a family, died, now he is seeking for revenge, swears a ton and so on, and so on - it goes more into one direction.

There are different kinds of games and when it comes to this topic: You have your games where you can choose who you play and you have games where you can't choose.
Prototype 2? You couldn't choose who you want to play as. It's not like I'm going to skip on that game, just because the main character isn't white anymore and more silent, instead of swearing all day long. Of course I would play it.
If it's a fighting game on the other hand, or a game where I can create a character - then of course I'm going to pick a character with which I can identify. Why are we playing games, if not to escape reality and be the part of a different world?

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Is it just me or is she a hard counter to superman. He is not zoning her with lasers. And she escapez the f23 breath lop for free with bat evade. If superman goes for another f23 after he does breath she is gonna punish him with bat evade 3 into a hard knock down. Not to mention she haz her own mini superman loop with f21 bf3.
f21 bf3 is interruptible I believe

Let me cut you off right there.
No. I'm gonna cut you off here. If you're not gonna read all of my points then why should I read all of yours? I was taught that if you want respect you earn it first by showing others respect. If you're not gonna be fair and actually read my posts then there's no reason for me to read yours.

TLDR version (cause you're ADHD): You're gonna act like a child then I'm gonna treat you like one. This conversation is done. Don't even bother responding.

No. I'm gonna cut you off here. If you're not gonna read all of my points then why should I read all of yours? I was taught that if you want respect you earn it first by showing others respect. If you're not gonna be fair and actually read my posts then there's no reason for me to read yours.
TLDR version (cause you're ADHD): This conversation is done. Don't even bother responding.
Actually I read through your entire post, but since Prototype was the perfect example I decided to pick that and explain you my point of view.
I respect anyone's opinion, and if someone like Mr. Mileena writes that he only plays female characters I don't instantly quote him and start talking shit: "LOL BRO, WHAT THE HELL BRO? FEMALE CHARACTERS ONLY? LOL BRO".

That would be disrespectful and stupid and I'm not a disrespectful person and I'm everything else than stupid. Can't say the same for some other people here though.
And as always: Take a look at he note under my avatar.

Loving Batgirl's mixup game. Rushdown and mixups are my BNB so instant win. She's get's my seal of approval. Now I wonder how overpowered Scorpion is gonna be when he gets in.

So minorities got to choose who they play as in the original prototype?
Also you're seriously saying that you play games to escape reality and be part of a different world... by only choosing generic white males when you can? lol
There is a difference between games, where you have to play who they want you to play and games, where you can choose who you want to play as.
Imagine you're playing a MMO and you're white and have long hair. Would you create a black character with no hair?
I wouldn't. To me that's weird. Imagine you're playing a RPG, where you can choose between 6 pre-made characters and two of them look like already described. Who would you choose?

Why would I play Sentinel in UMVC3, if I could play as Dante and Vergil, who are as handsome and cool as I am?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
There is a difference between games, where you have to play who they want you to play and games, where you can choose who you want to play as.
Imagine you're playing a MMO and you're white and have long hair. Would you create a black character with no hair?
I wouldn't. To me that's weird. Imagine you're playing a RPG, where you can choose between 6 pre-made characters and two of them look like already described. Who would you choose?

Why would I play Sentinel in UMVC3, if I could play as Dante and Vergil, who are as handsome and cool as I am?
I am white with long hair and I create bald black dudes all the time... I really don't see where you are going with this. :16Bit

I am white with long hair and I create bald black dudes all the time... I really don't see where you are going with this.
If you don't see where I'm going with this, then I feel sorry for you and I'm going to explain it to you as good as I can:

I am white with long hair and I create long haired, white dudes all the time.
You're white with long hair and you create bald black dudes all the time.

I would never quote you to call you out on that, because you have your one taste and principles.
You quote me and call me out on my taste and principles.

Why is that so? (This is not an actual question, since I know why the others and you are doing it)

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?

Whoever looks more appealing to me. If the white guy looks like shit I'm not picking him unless it's in a funny way maybe.

As for FGs, you'd play Sentinel because you like his gameplay, because that's what FGs are about. Not about pretending you're Batgirl, it's about landing an unseeable mixup into a standing reset that loops into the same mixup.

Edit: People are calling you out because you say it's "weird" to choose characters that don't resemble you. It's poor wording at the least.

She does seem like a good character, I think the damage is just right, but the combos are hard to pull off.
She isn't my cup of tea though, so I'm just going to stick with Bats and Catwoman.

I can't help but feel I've wasted money on Lobo/Batgirl because I probably won't play either much. Not complaining, I'm not saying they're a waste of money, just for me they might be.
Well, if you got the season pass then you only wasted money on 3 out of 4 DLC.:joker:

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
If you don't see where I'm going with this, then I feel sorry for you and I'm going to explain it to you as good as I can:

I am white with long hair and I create long haired, white dudes all the time.
You're white with long hair and you create bald black dudes all the time.

I would never quote you to call you out on that, because you have your one taste and principles.
You quote me and call me out on my taste and principles.

Why is that so? (This is not an actual question, since I know why the others and you are doing it)
The point is that it is a video game. If you have the innate desire to relate to a pixelated character that is completely fine. However, I have the preference to have fun with the game and play someone I am not already in real life. Two different perspectives... what I mean is that you are trying to establish a universal preference... everyone with long hair that is white would create or play a man with long hair that is white. It is not the truth... and it isn't an absolute. It is true for you... and the only evidence you have is your own personal experiences. You cant claim anything for anyone else. Of course there are people like you... but they are not everyone. I never really called you out on anything other than your largely fallacious statement. I didn't mean to insinuate anything offensive. :16Bit

Dark_Ky

Noob
no batgirl dlc for germany yet. according to the IGAU ger facebook she comes with the compatibility pack from tuesday to wednesday. that and adding the unintentional nerf to my current main ww.... fml i guess lol

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Whoever looks more appealing to me. If the white guy looks like shit I'm not picking him unless it's in a funny way maybe.

As for FGs, you'd play Sentinel because you like his gameplay, because that's what FGs are about. Not pretending you're Batgirl, landing an unseeable mixup into a standing reset that loops into the same mixup.

Edit: People are calling you out because you say it's "weird" to choose characters that don't resemble you. It's poor wording at the least.
This. :16Bit