What's new

Firestorm Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Wow firestorms combos are actually way more visually stunning than I thought they would be, also the sound design on his moves are great

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
So if you use your super while your trait is active, it goes away and you have to start over again.

6:35

freerf245

11 11 11 11
These guys are just mashing buttons but I noticed how good Firestorms normals are. Like god damn. @1:07 is what I'm talking about inparticular.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I noticed that too. Hopefully his d2 is good. The animation looks a bit slow but we never know. Trailblazer will be a good long range anti air and punish jump backs.
Watching this video:

At 1:05 we finally get to see an AA attempt with Firestorm's D2 and it fails miserably...

It doesn't seem to have as much vertical range as the animation implies. That, coupled with his burst whiffing has me worried about his aa's.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Watching this video:

At 1:05 we finally get to see an AA attempt with Firestorm's D2 and it fails miserably...

It doesn't seem to have as much vertical range as the animation implies. That, coupled with his burst whiffing has me worried about his aa's.
Wow what a pathetic AA. The AA appearance was my main attraction to this character but it seems his are uber garbage. Losing my hype on him fast.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Watching this video:

He did that early, and it looked really quick.

NRS has issues with hitboxes. I'm still holding out hope for those to be ironed out in the day 1 patch.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Watching this video:

Also keep in mind that sometimes d2 isn't the go to for some characters. Raiden's d2 couldn't anti air shit but his f1 stopped everything.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Really pumped to lab this guy. I'm wanting to make him my back pocket or secondary. He just has so many tools to use. I can't wait to see him vs Dr. Fate to see this game become a shootemup.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
He did that early, and it looked really quick.

NRS has issues with hitboxes. I'm still holding out hope for those to be ironed out in the day 1 patch.
Yeah, he did do it a bit early. We'll see. I hope it has some sort of disjointed hitbox since the flame is out above his hand.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
They did the d2 early, that's more of an arguement for it being so good (really fast), instead of it being bad. Just because the opponent jumped and you did an anti air at anytime doesn't mean it should work

No chill.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Honestly I think Firestorm has a chance of being broken as *#&$* day 1. Like vanilla MvC3 Phoenix broken.

I wish I had more info about his defense shield normal move. Does it take too long to activate? Does it stack on top of trait? Can you do it in the air? How long does it last?

If you get a life lead in final round, defense shield + lvl 3 trait is basically auto win

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
He's consistently been the best at combos from what I've seen from other content creators on YT. If you watch the video, he does some high damaging combos in level 3 trait

Status
Not open for further replies.