What's new

Firestorm Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thingy

Retired account
I can't watch the gameplay until later tonight. I need someone to let me know one thing that can't wait as soon as they know one way or the other.

The full body MB Burst move. Is it a base set move (not gear), can it be done without trait, and is it truly a full body AA/get off me/combo starting MB move? This information is very vital so please inform me when shown. Thanks!
Its a default anti air and can be meter burned for a full combo....I am far beyond hype dude.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How do the low shots work? Are they per range, say like Raven pillars or Quan Runes? Or do they track like Zod MB Lasers?

What is the difference between trait aura and regular stance other than the pop up OH in the trailer?

How does his movement look? Walk speeds/dash speeds/an air dash/ etc?

Anything notable about his normals/strings?

Still can't watch but I'm getting a few texts. Wanted the early scoop!

Error

DF2+R2
How do the low shots work? Are they per range, say like Raven pillars or Quan Runes? Or do they track like Zod MB Lasers?

What is the difference between trait aura and regular stance other than the pop up OH in the trailer?

Quan Runes but less active frames, MB for a long stun in combo.

for every level of trait he gets a passive regen effect of 1/2/3 hp per tick, damage increase, and at level 3 his moves have insane knockdown/pushback on hit.

Movement looked decent, flame charge can be used for get away in the air.

His normals looked a bit stubby, have to rewatch didn't seem like they said much about them.

That move you were asking about seems to work like Raiden't Ex vicinity blast, though it actually launches.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

Set Ranges like Raven's pillars

He has three levels in trait that builds over time (as in literally nothing affects its build-up but time). There are three bars, when the first bar is passed you can activate level one, second bar = level 2 etc... Firestorm heals over time when trait is activated with the healing per second increasing with each level. His projectile also knocks down in level 3

Movement looks pretty standard, no air dash.

They didn't show many normals but he should have decent mixups with the 50/50 between low beam and his overhead.

If you activate level 3 and use his energy shield which decreases damage taken, it'll be tough to inflict high amounts of damage on him.

freerf245

11 11 11 11

Advancing mid, fast fireball, low hitting rune esc move that launches with bar and has ass loads of hit advantage on hit. Good walk and dashes and he has an air dash.

His trait is my favorite part. Level one heals him slowly and deals slightly more damage. Level two heals him even more and deals even more damage. Level 3 heals EVEN MORE and deals EVEN MORE damage. It also gives him two launchers including the overhead. Godlike.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Low Shots are aimable, close medium, far.

When he's traited, he heals and as the level rises, he heals more health at a time. Level 3 increases his special move damage.

Looks alright. Nothing special.

Ehh...nothing that I can see. All the hype that surrounded hhim was his specials.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
What really irks me is that such a strong zoming character should not have such a godlike wake up.. Stupid

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Low Shots are aimable, close medium, far.

When he's traited, he heals and as the level rises, he heals more health at a time. Level 3 increases his special move damage.

Looks alright. Nothing special.

Ehh...nothing that I can see. All the hype that surrounded hhim was his specials.
So healing 30% health/ specials becoming faster/ dealing what looked like at least 50% more damage/ and gaining launching 50/50s is nothing special?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Advancing mid, fast fireball, low hitting rune esc move that launches with bar and has ass loads of hit advantage on hit. Good walk and dashes and he has an air dash.

His trait is my favorite part. Level one heals him slowly and deals slightly more damage. Level two heals him even more and deals even more damage. Level 3 heals EVEN MORE and deals EVEN MORE damage. It also gives him two launchers including the overhead. Godlike.
He has an air dash?

EDIT - Oh, you're referring to the air torpedo

Error

DF2+R2
What really irks me is that such a strong zoming character should not have such a godlike wake up.. Stupid
We don't know if it's safe
Thanks guys, appreciate the quick responses. I'll definitely be starting with him and Will Smith.

Butttt, which is it? lol
His air charge darts across the screen, like Raiden's superman but the recovery looks better.
No air dash. He has an air ground fire move like Tremor...
That's a gear move.

His default specials seem to be:
fast, high straight projectile, ex is a long beam that catches jumpers
fast low ground projectile with different hit positions, mb stuns for combo
fast psychocrusher type charge, can be done in air
body aura that boosts defence
fire vicinity burst that AA's and mb launches

Status
Not open for further replies.