What's new

Firestorm Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thingy

Retired account

"LEAVE. NOW. OR YOU'LL GET A HELLUVA LOT WORSE THAN A SUNBURN..."
Two minds sharing one super-powered body, Jason Rusch and Martin Stein are only beginning to master their abilities as Firestorm. However, reconciling Jason’s brash personality with Martin’s more empirical approach is no small task. While these two don’t agree on much, one thing they never argue about is helping Batman rebuild a safer world.
https://www.injustice.com/characters/firestorm

Character breakdown from NRS Watchtower stream

Official gameplay trailer

Discuss all things Firestorm here. Let's give this forum some life. Who is hype?

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
This is definitely a character I have my eye on. A projectile that fast does a really good job making people hold them back now add his zod like low laser fire thing and he might be a really good zoner.
Out of all the characters revealed, he also seems to have some of the nicest anti zoning tools on top of having some zoning potential himself. Hopefully we get a break-down in the coming weeks.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
It's crazy how traditionally you use zoning to make your opponent react to your fireballs and firestorm seems to be the opposite. Almost like he can react to things with a fireball instead of forcing them to make moves. It's very interesting and reminds me of raven a bit actually. Instant screen control zoning

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Visually he looks great to me.
I wonder how his zoning will stack up against both Captain Cold and Fate.
Strange, Out of all the characters announced- both he and Cyborg has the least amount of buzz IMO

Out of all the characters revealed, he also seems to have some of the nicest anti zoning tools on top of having some zoning potential himself. Hopefully we get a break-down in the coming weeks.
put anti zoning and zoning together and you have really good pace control. like supergirl

Thingy

Retired account
Too bad they didn't emplement his transmutation powers in the gameplay(
It would have been badass to see what they could have done with that. While I understand how that could be tough to do with regular strings and specials, they could have used that power in his lackluster Super. But who knows, maybe he'll have a gear move that uses the power? The hope is still somewhat alive.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
put anti zoning and zoning together and you have really good pace control. like supergirl
indeed, although im obviously not 100% on this as pure speculation but when they did show him do that teleport it was after he turned trait on so i wonder does he only have it when trait is active like raven.....hopefully its not a gear move.

anti zoning tools seem like could have very high value in this game, even with the improved movement from inj1

GregHouse007

Noob... Saibot?
In the trailer, at one point he throws a proyectile similar to Siniestro proyectile in Injustice 1 at 0:19. Anyone knows if this move will be a special move, a "gear kind of move" or if it will be dependant on his trait?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
indeed, although im obviously not 100% on this as pure speculation but when they did show him do that teleport it was after he turned trait on so i wonder does he only have it when trait is active like raven.....hopefully its not a gear move.

anti zoning tools seem like could have very high value in this game, even with the improved movement from inj1
He didn't have trait up for the tele. Trait turns his flames blue. I believe that move that he did right before he teleported was his "energy shield". You can see it on the movelist UUDD admired. But I could be wrong.

Thingy

Retired account
In the trailer, at one point he throws a proyectile similar to Siniestro proyectile in Injustice 1 at 0:19. Anyone knows if this move will be a special move, a "gear kind of move" or if it will be dependant on his trait?
I am sure that projectile will be part of his standard moveset, as Firestorm without a fireball projectile would be a ridiculous decision. Perhaps his trait will give it different properties.

1man3letters

He didn't have trait up for the tele. Trait turns his flames blue. I believe that move that he did right before he teleported was his "energy shield". You can see it on the movelist UUDD admired. But I could be wrong.
dont the flmaes only turn blue when his trait is level 3? cant fully remember, maybe your right with the shield, now i will have the uudd vid with sound on to find out....ugh :(

freerf245

11 11 11 11
dont the flmaes only turn blue when his trait is level 3? cant fully remember, maybe your right with the shield, now i will have the uudd vid with sound on to find out....ugh :(
It isn't his trait. In the UUDD video you can see them activate trait while they have the energy shield active.

1man3letters

It isn't his trait. In the UUDD video you can see them activate trait while they have the energy shield active.
well then if thats case hope it isnt a gear move haha

i remember seeing someone posted a screenshot of the movelist from the uudd vid but cant find it atm

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Didn't they only give 16 bit a minute of description? If so, then that isn't enough.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I can't watch the gameplay until later tonight. I need someone to let me know one thing that can't wait as soon as they know one way or the other.

The full body MB Burst move. Is it a base set move (not gear), can it be done without trait, and is it truly a full body AA/get off me/combo starting MB move? This information is very vital so please inform me when shown. Thanks!

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I can't watch the gameplay until later tonight. I need someone to let me know one thing that can't wait as soon as they know one way or the other.

The full body MB Burst move. Is it a base set move (not gear), can it be done without trait, and is it truly a full body AA/get off me/combo starting MB move? This information is very vital so please inform me when shown. Thanks!
What move? Mark the time in the trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.