What's new

Strategy Fire arrows are not for chip!!!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The funniest thing about this thread, is that Chris G actually has ended several matches by chipping people out with fire arrows from fullscreen :)

Of course, the real beauty of the fire arrows is that since you get 3 at a time and your opponent doesn't want to sit there and get chipped from fullscreen, they feel compelled to try to jump and dash, which opens them up to actually getting hit by one.

With a life lead, it's a deadly endgame tool.

Lilith

Baebality
Don't tell people this D:< cause when you have life lead, full screen and pull them arrows they feel compelled to bob n weave(which results in failure). Now they won't be scared ;^; SHH GUYS HES LYING.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The funniest thing about this thread, is that Chris G actually has ended several matches by chipping people out with fire arrows from fullscreen :)

Of course, the real beauty of the fire arrows is that since you get 3 at a time and your opponent doesn't want to sit there and get chipped from fullscreen, they feel compelled to try to jump and dash, which opens them up to actually getting hit by one.

With a life lead, it's a deadly endgame tool.
This shows the immaturity of the game.

People get HIT by fire arrows...not chipped out by them. People freak out when they shouldn't and get hit but they don't really lose by chip.

As the game evolves people will relax and block during fire arrows

Maybe in the next patch they should make lightning arrows do a decent amount of chip to justify them a bit more. Maybe their focus can be zoning, while fire can be setups and freeze can be combos?

Hell, if Batgirl's trait and Black Adam are any indication, Lighting and Electricity are meant for chip damage

lighning bolts have really good hit advantage, can be good to counter-zone and get in with and extend pressure

fire bolts are good for trades (credits to anti-static, genius of all lands)

ice bolts are good combos and up close mixup

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Personally, electric arrows serve no purpose.

They need to be like, mega + on block, and allow him continued pressure, as there is no need for them, except for staggering strings on hit.

Sabin

Elder God

People get HIT by fire arrows...not chipped out by them. People freak out when they shouldn't and get hit but they don't really lose by chip.

Sorry man, like Konqrr said earlier I always have that old chip in my head from Beta version. He does use it as a spacing tool to get people to calm down though. People get scared of overhead fire arrows lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Sorry man, like Konqrr said earlier I always have that old chip in my head from Beta version. He does use it as a spacing tool to get people to calm down though. People get scared of overhead fire arrows lol

Love overhead Fire Arrows. People try to get in and I get them with the overhead as soon as they dash into range... lol..

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

This 100%.

As the game evolves and people learn it, Arrow will slip further and further down the list. Yes he is good. but the shit I see people get away with, and the shit Chris G gets away with, it blows my mind. And being just a "good" character in a game with insanely good characters is not good enough.

I'm almost done with character just because I have seen the future. While he is super fun to play, in a game where at least half the cast beat him or have advantage, there is no point using him if you want to win.

RIP Green Arrow, Potato loved you.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This 100%.

As the game evolves and people learn it, Arrow will slip further and further down the list. Yes he is good. but the shit I see people get away with, and the shit Chris G gets away with, it blows my mind. And being just a "good" character in a game with insanely good characters is not good enough.

I'm almost done with character just because I have seen the future. While he is super fun to play, in a game where at least half the cast beat him or have advantage, there is no point using him if you want to win.

RIP Green Arrow, Potato loved you.

This pretty much..

Since he's placing well though thanx to Chris G (and he doesn't even use him in a lot of match ups) then NRS isn't going to give him buffs. And there's no way they're nerfing every character that gives him trouble enough.

I put soo much time into him trying to find a great oki game but he doesn't have it. At least not to the extent other rushdown characters have it.

I think our main hope is Warner Bros. That's our best shot, since they might (<keyword there) want to make the character good to promote the show...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
This pretty much..

Since he's placing well though thanx to Chris G (and he doesn't even use him in a lot of match ups)
This, he is more and more using Black Adam, and you are starting to see it on streams as well. Did anyone see how King fucking Blew his Arrow the fuck right up with Batman?? Thats cause King isnt dumb and knows the match up, and knows how to block and blow up D1~Arrow.

Eitherway, I think I'm gonna use MMH lol.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This, he is more and more using Black Adam, and you are starting to see it on streams as well. Did anyone see how King fucking Blew his Arrow the fuck right up with Batman?? Thats cause King isnt dumb and knows the match up, and knows how to block and blow up D1~Arrow.

Eitherway, I think I'm gonna use MMH lol.

Join us... lol.

I picked up MMH day 1.

I used to use Sektor in MK so I already had my instant air teleports down and he reminds me of this games Sektor. (Just better.)

He's my second favorite character in the game and he's actually able to deal with almost everything.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Join us... lol.

I picked up MMH day 1.

I used to use Sektor in MK so I already had my instant air teleports down and he reminds me of this games Sektor. (Just better.)

He's my second favorite character in the game and he's actually able to deal with almost everything.
Just started labbing him on monday, I have a local this weekend that I'm using all Arrow in one more time, just as a send off. I will probably lose to a BA or an Aquaman or some shit, but it will be Arrows last ride for me.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Just started labbing him on monday, I have a local this weekend that I'm using all Arrow in one more time, just as a send off. I will probably lose to a BA or an Aquaman or some shit, but it will be Arrows last ride for me.

The funny thing about Black Adam is that the lame ones are the ones that beat him the best. I think Haz from Team Hazmat has one of the best Black Adam's around. Definitely has the best rushdown. But that's what made it manageable as an Arrow player, the fact that he kept going in when he didn't have to. If I were to kall the match up based solely on that playstyle I would kall it even.

Kinda sad that in this game, the simplest characters and strategies are usually the best.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The funny thing about Black Adam is that the lame ones are the ones that beat him the best. I think Haz from Team Hazmat has one of the best Black Adam's around. Definitely has the best rushdown. But that's what made it manageable as an Arrow player, the fact that he kept going in when he didn't have to. If I were to kall the match up based solely on that playstyle I would kall it even.

Kinda sad that in this game, the simplest characters and strategies are usually the best.
Adam rapes Arrow man, he can run all day and has no reason to go in, if you try do anything with arrows or load them or anything, you will either eat a dive kick or black magic. His Back dash is so good that you cant even dash in and try a quick D1 because he magically back dashes and disapears. Not to mention the enormous damage gap between the too, and the fuckin chip on MB Lightning. Fuck Black Adam. I made my personal match up list that I'm going to post that most people will blow me up for, but I think in the future if anyone levels up in the game and actually gets some real Arrow XP they will find the numbers to be true in time.