What's new

Finally found out how to get the ???? Skins... :(

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That sucks because one of the skins I like the most is Scorpion’s “Slow Burn” skin and it’s unlock is the “???”.

I mean...I already paid for the game, soooo it's mine, and I want what I paid for. When you order a Big Mac at McDonalds, are you expected to run 6 laps around the building faster than 100 other people so you can get pickles?
I don't get that argument, paying for game doesn't mean easy access to every single item. RPGs wouldn't be a thing then, "i want all items because i paid the game!!!". The whole point of "rare" skins... well... it's being rare and the chances of getting them are low.

Afumba

Noob
Im glad the grind is competitive, now my skins feel well deserved...a repetitive fighting game? sounds like you are new to this genre...idk NRS didnt make it too grindy, ELDRIKEN already explained the ToT meta, but you will probly just whine until NRS gives you everything...so Im done here...have fun whining!
Sure... someone that doesnt share your oppinion=whiner and just cuz you have failures in understanding people are new at the genre... whatever you have to tell yourself to be happy i guess.

Anyways, i meant repetitive in that you just spam konsumables for an hour a day, there is no competition in that. The AI can easily do it for you. Well deserved... dont make me laugh. And if you are trying to suggest that ToT have anything to do with fighting games then i am not even sure why i bother talking to you at all.

But you know what... No point in talking to peoples like you so... yea please go and be a wannabe someplace else. Have fun being Mr. My opinion is law. And if you do come back for whatever reason, i suggest ypu make sure to read everything and understand where people are coming from before becoming an asshat.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wait, the buy it in the store option where they have like 5 things in terms of skins, gear, finishers etc. Is this the same for everyone or is this also randomized/different per player?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I don't get that argument, paying for game doesn't mean easy access to every single item. RPGs wouldn't be a thing then, "i want all items because i paid the game!!!". The whole point of "rare" skins... well... it's being rare and the chances of getting them are low.
RPG's have items with stats that affect the game play. I wouldn't go on WoW and demand all the items. I understand that grind. This isn't that.

This is about frustrating you, preying on your impatience so you'll pour more money into the game while passing it off as a rewarding experience or bragging rights :rolleyes:.

I don't have a ton of time to play and I'm not wasting it on a grind that most would call unrealistic. I want to play the game against other people and get better. THAT, is what's rewarding to me. So I guess I wont get to use the majority of cosmetics in the game I paid for. I suppose that's on me...

E

Eldriken

Wait, the buy it in the store option where they have like 5 things in terms of skins, gear, finishers etc. Is this the same for everyone or is this also randomized/different per player?
I think it's the same for everyone.

@Name v.5.0 Just to preface, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm personally not a fan of the Towers of Time (because they're very gimmicky), and I'm not big on this game's skin system and how it's 60+ skins per character, but they're mostly palette swaps.

What I just want to say is that you, me, and everyone here actually doesn't own the game. What we purchase is a license to use the software (game), and that license permits the software owner (WB Games) to change, adjust, or modify it in anyway they see fit.

You find that out if you read the EULA, and it's been this way since at least the early '80's.

So I'm simply saying this because while I like your Big Mac analogy, it's actually comparing two products that are distributed vastly differently. When you buy that Big Mac, you actually do own it, as well as the toppings that come with it.

Now having said all this, I won't be grinding like crazy for pallette swapped skins as I also have limited time for gaming. I'll unlock stuff when and/if able as I play naturally.

FancyRat.Boy

Funny Little Man Who Likes Fighting Games And Jazz
Well, looks like I’m not getting my Raiden skin anytime soon :( Looks like I either spend one week grinding the living hell out of towers, or I wait until God decides I’m worthy to buy the God of Thunder skin in the store
Towers are actually really easy to do there ai is normally med, and if it feels to hard you can switch to an AI fighter by going to the fighter select and pressing 1. Im already qualified to get the skin and i suck at the game i just run through the character and normal towers at the end of the day was 5% eventhough i was like 50,000,000 points under the top boys, if you just baby the AI when you cant handle it or just have other things to do let an ai run some towers and enjoy the skins bro!

RPG's have items with stats that affect the game play. I wouldn't go on WoW and demand all the items. I understand that grind. This isn't that.

This is about frustrating you, preying on your impatience so you'll pour more money into the game while passing it off as a rewarding experience or bragging rights :rolleyes:.

I don't have a ton of time to play and I'm not wasting it on a grind that most would call unrealistic. I want to play the game against other people and get better. THAT, is what's rewarding to me. So I guess I wont get to use the majority of cosmetics in the game I paid for. I suppose that's on me...
So depending if the item affect gameplay it should be easily obtainable or not? I mean with your argument you paid for both game and everything in it...

Cosmetic rarity is something that a lot of games have, and I see no difference here. Even though I hate towers, just because I find playing against the AI in a fighting game boring as hell, there are a millions things I don't agree with the current design. But item rarity isn't one of them, and it's ok if some skins are harder to get than others.

FancyRat.Boy

It’s actually purple and orange (just looks weird in the picture), aka Clemson colors. I’m a diehard Clemson fan, and a diehard Scorpion fan. So it works out, lol.
thats a dope skin tbh just wish they gave gerias a b-ball jersey and and basket ball hand and we can put together a MK Space Jam but with time shenanigans lol

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
top % won't be a big deal because alot of people don't play ToT seriously. you can let your ai grind ToT for one day and be in top 5%. im currently top .1% because i grind augments and currency regularly. that's ranked 156. this is the highest ive ever been im normally in the top 4k and still im useally at about 3%. just look out for skins you want and grind a few platforms a day that week. i think at launch i grinded all monday and never fell below top 5

FancyRat.Boy

top % won't be a big deal because alot of people don't play ToT seriously. you can let your ai grind ToT for one day and be in top 5%. im currently top .1% because i grind augments and currency regularly. that's ranked 156. this is the highest ive ever been im normally in the top 4k and still im useally at about 3%. just look out for skins you want and grind a few platforms a day that week. i think at launch i grinded all monday and never fell below top 5
Exactly that why me who's bad at MK (trying to get better, hit me up if you want to play with a scrublet and help make him a not as bad lol) can hit 3.2% right away through light grind for like 2-3 hours a day even if afk just taping x every once and a while

FancyRat.Boy

This is a $60 premium video game and you guys are rationalizing the grind by playing it like a free mobile game

"I only have to mindlessly press X for 3 hours a day, the game plays the boring stuff by itself!"

Hooray? That sounds like a great selling point
This is a $60 premium video game and you guys are rationalizing the grind by playing it like a free mobile game

"I only have to mindlessly press X for 3 hours a day, the game plays the boring stuff by itself!"

na homie i play with my friends local and have a blast, sure the towers are weird but its just skins. the selling points the gameplay and the skins are the kollectables. (and tbh i only do the ai babysit when im high lol)

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
The only thing you can complain about in ToT drops is Jax klassic arms. Where tf is that tower.

Nrs wants offline content to be there for casuals. That's tough if you hate it. At least it's not a legit paywall like mobile games have. You can still play this game just fine.