What's new

Finally found out how to get the ???? Skins... :(

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Why do people like skins so much? I mean to each their own, but I never saw the draw - especially not to the point where id play something I don’t like for hours to get it. The skins in this game are pretty lazy anyways, I’d rather have 2 good ones instead of 80 palette swaps.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Why do people like skins so much? I mean to each their own, but I never saw the draw - especially not to the point where id play something I don’t like for hours to get it. The skins in this game are pretty lazy anyways, I’d rather have 2 good ones instead of 80 palette swaps.
So, most people are complaining about something they dont need? millenials most likely ;)

E

Eldriken

I know they're all palette swaps, but I personally think Skarlet looks great in a lot of the same skins but with only a different color.

Purple, blue, green and yellow on certain skins look wonderful.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I know they're all palette swaps, but I personally think Skarlet looks great in a lot of the same skins but with only a different color.

Skarlet literally shows more clevage in some "skins" just beat a rando tower for "maneater" omg im in love!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?

Sexy track suit Sonya is so good...why couldnt all females have track suits and short shorts? no top 5% needed btw!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
At least the AI fighter will let you get a nice placement real fast lol
Not all ToT can be beaten by AI...Scorpion with projectile and healing modifier handle the rest...if you cant beat a tower with scorpion...I cant help u...

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This is clearly the new challenge tower, but this isn't a challenge and more like a torture simulator.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Well I hate that revenant forms are default so I’m looking for canon looks not

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
You can still use some of these skins by pressing start.

Liu Kang's best skin is the white and red Firegod, which is one of the ??? ones, but you can use it by just pressing start while selecting his regular firegod skin on the select screen. I imagine this works for other characters too

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
You can still use some of these skins by pressing start.

Liu Kang's best skin is the white and red Firegod, which is one of the ??? ones, but you can use it by just pressing start while selecting his regular firegod skin on the select screen. I imagine this works for other characters too
Same with his classic look, you can use it when choosing his apt pupil though sometimes I forget about it and end up with pink wristbands lol

Afumba

Noob
Its not about how hard it is, cuz its not as long as you have the time to play enough towers. You can easily win any tower with any character even if you never touched that characters. Konsumables win you towers by themselves and these are available like candy.

Nobody bought the game to fight against AI for hours every day, so having the unlocks in SP is just a bad design. Especially for people who dont have the time to play AI for hours every day.

They should have made them obtainable via milestones... like play 10/50/100 etc games, win 10/50/100 etcetc games, perform X 10/50/100 times... and so on. ToT could award time crystals instead, which would allow you to bypass a milestone and buy it directly. The shop should offer Time Crystals in exchange for coins/souls/hearts. With all this in place players could unlock stuff without being forced to play something they dont want and at their own pace.

ToT are just repetitive very fast. After you do a few you dont even check the modifier, just pick 3 1 slot projectiles, spam, win. Its as challenging as fighting survival tower on very easy. Furthermore the AI cant handle lots of modifers. And the "fun" aspects fades very quickly when you are "forced" to do a gazillion of them and they are all the same. Only exception are those towers where you team up with other peoples.

P.S. before it comes up... i am not complaining cuz i dont have the time myself. Made top 0,1 every time so far but i know enough people who cant cuz of the time it takes and they rather spend time playing MP.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Im glad the grind is competitive, now my skins feel well deserved...a repetitive fighting game? sounds like you are new to this genre...idk NRS didnt make it too grindy, ELDRIKEN already explained the ToT meta, but you will probly just whine until NRS gives you everything...so Im done here...have fun whining!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Can I just pay human earth dollars for this instead? And save me time?
This is the worst part of what NRS has done here - they made this shit so frustrating, tedious and mind-numbingly boring that we are now sitting here BEGGING for micro-transactions. Maybe this was their plan all along...

Also, these skins should be amazing considering their rarity and difficulty to obtain. They are completely lackluster. No one would even notice you had an ultra rare skin because it looks hardly any different than the other 59 skins.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
We need to stop using the term “skin” because that gives them too much credit. These are straight-up palette swaps. That Baraka reward: palette swap. I could see grinding for something like the Cyborg/Grid alternate skin, because that actually changes the character considerably. But these are just color changes and really shouldn’t require this amount of work and frustration.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The one Johnny skin I actually really like is ????. I'm not fucking doing this shit. Fuck you NRS.
I saw a killer Johnny skin someone posted on reddit. It's technically a combo of several gear pieces and a skin, but he said they all come from his character tower, which I've not done, yet. Here it is, if you haven't already seen it:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I saw a killer Johnny skin someone posted on reddit. It's technically a combo of several gear pieces and a skin, but he said they all come from his character tower, which I've not done, yet. Here it is, if you haven't already seen it:

Yeah, I have this one. The one I want is Lady Killer, which is pretty similar to this, except he has the rad, black MK tank top.

Honestly I don't get this idea some people have that everybody should have easy access to every single skin. I think it's ok that some of them are very rare (al long as are obtainable through gameplay).

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Honestly I don't get this idea some people have that everybody should have easy access to every single skin. I think it's ok that some of them are very rare (al long as are obtainable through gameplay).
I mean...I already paid for the game, soooo it's mine, and I want what I paid for. When you order a Big Mac at McDonalds, are you expected to run 6 laps around the building faster than 100 other people so you can get pickles?