What's new

Final Round 17 Injustice Top 8 Set For Sunday at 11 AM on teamsp00ky

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Tonight marks the conclusion of one of the most adrenaline-filled, action-packed, comeback-laden Saturday's of Injustice since NEC. Word before this tournament was that many players would be at the top of their game; and today's bracket play validated that assessment in spades. There were few easy paths through pools, and a number of players took hotly contested losses earlier than they might have been expected to. Some snippets of the day's action:

• Kitana Prime knocked PerfectLegend's Doomsday into Losers early on
  • Orochi played a monster of a set against Pig of the Hut, sending him to losers
  • Deg made SaltFace believe in magic
  • Hysteria's Sinestro took a bite out of Wafflez
  • TrePound defeated Rico Suave in a complete nail-biter of a match, causing the crowd to explode
  • Viking brought PimPimJim back down to earth and then retired his suit
  • Murk used Mixed Martial Arts to steal Syknis' crown (with a Double KO match extender in the last match)
  • Digit's Shazam put Killnator out of the tournament
  • Lord of the Fly put both KDZ's Superman and Wonder Woman out of comission with Nightwing.. and then beat ForeverKing
  • Gross eliminated Glass Sword
It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that this is probably the most exciting day of Injustice play seen to date. A lot of the matches are absolute must-see's and will continue to be talked about for weeks and months to come. And at the end of it all, 8 players were left standing:

WINNERS
Rg SonicFox (Batgirl, Joker)
GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman)
AK Harold (Flash)
Emperor Noobe (Doomsday)

LOSERS
PlayingToWin (Sinestro)
Kinetic Orochi (Green Lantern)
KN OBS REO (Martian Manhunter)
AK Smarrgasm (Black Adam)

With all the mayhem that transpired today, there's a gargantuan amount of anticipation heading into tomorrow's finals. If we've learned anything from the last 3 Injustice majors, it's that these tournaments are extremely difficult to predict and will consistently defy even the wildest expectations. So if you'll be tuning in tomorrow, buckle your seatbelt -- it's sure to be a wild ride.

See you tomorrow at 11 AM EST, on Sp00ky's stream: http://twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Attachments

Last edited:

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
YOU CANNOT BEST MARTIAN MIGHT
I FAIL TO SEE THE POINT OF THIS
DO YOU NOT LISTEN TO REASON
#MARTIAN #REO #BASED GOD #TOP 8 #HAIL

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
What team? Aren't you the troll that accused me of making dick jokes on commentary while I was running 4 pools nowhere near a microphone? Yeah, we should totally listen to you when it comes to community building.
I was referring to the dick jokes you made during the SCR top 8.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I really wanted to see ultradavid, he exposes the game to a broader audience.
Take one for the team.
No, Ultradavid doesn't even play the game, at least competitively. Plus I bet he hasn't the proper knowledge to commentate an Injustice TOP 8, DMS and Brady sure do. DMS and Brady are part of the IGAU community, Ultradavid? I don't think so.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
No, Ultradavid doesn't even play the game, at least competitively. Plus I bet he hasn't the proper knowledge to commentate an Injustice TOP 8, DMS and Brady sure do. DMS and Brady are part of the IGAU community, Ultradavid? I don't think so.
David 100% has the knowledge to commentate the game, and has played the game in tournament, even though that's irrelevant.

No matter who commentates I'm sure they'll do a fine job, but everybody mentioned so far has qualifications to do so.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
David 100% has the knowledge to commentate the game, and has played the game in tournament, even though that's irrelevant.

No matter who commentates I'm sure they'll do a fine job, but everybody mentioned so far has qualifications to do so.
100% knowledge? Sorry but I can't believe it, to have that kind of knowledge you have to be a well known competitive player, like Brady or DMS; and no, it isn't irrelevant, every game is different even if they share some similitudes as fighting games, but it would be a lot better if people that really play the game at the high level commentate it, and DMS and Brady can commentate the game for broader audiences, Brady did it at MLG.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
100% knowledge? Sorry but I can't believe it, to have that kind of knowledge you have to be a well known competitive player, like Brady or DMS; and no, it isn't irrelevant, every game is different even if they share some similitudes as fighting games, but it would be a lot better if people that really play the game at the high level commentate it, and DMS and Brady can commentate the game for broader audiences, Brady did it at MLG.
You don't have to play a game competitively to have knowledge of the game at a high level. In fact, lots of top players have less knowledge than most mid level players, but they are stronger fundamentally so they do better.

DMS is not know as a strong competitive player, but he ends up commentating at most majors. Nobody cares how he does in tournament, all that matters is his knowledge and ability to commentate fluently.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Well, this just made my damn Sunday!

Will be checking some of these highlights out. :D

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
You don't have to play a game competitively to have knowledge of the game at a high level. In fact, lots of top players have less knowledge than most mid level players, but they are stronger fundamentally so they do better.
I don't agree with that, those that place high maybe don't know all the frame data and other technicalities but they know the game better, specially the competitive aspect of it, I mean how to play during tournament matches, so I would prefer to watch Brady and maybe not DMS but 16bit, Pig, KDZ and a lot more people than Ultradavid.

DMS is not know as a strong competitive player, but he ends up commentating at most majors. Nobody cares how he does in tournament, all that matters is his knowledge and ability to commentate fluently.
I don't know why you say "knowledge and ability" as if Ultradavid have more of those than Pig, REO, 16BIT, Tom and again many others. Ultradavid is a good commentator, but I would prefer someone from the community that I think have more knowldege and abilities to commentate IGAU, plus imo Ultradavid doesn't bring hype at all, contrary to many members from this community I saw on stream.