What's new

Final Round 17 Injustice Top 8 Set For Sunday at 11 AM on teamsp00ky

pherleece

Woolay
I don't agree with that, those that place high maybe don't know all the frame data and other technicalities but they know the game better, specially the competitive aspect of it, I mean how to play during tournament matches, so I would prefer to watch Brady and maybe not DMS but 16bit, Pig, KDZ and a lot more people than Ultradavid.

I don't know why you say "knowledge and ability" as if Ultradavid have more of those than Pig, REO, 16BIT, Tom and again many others. Ultradavid is a good commentator, but I would prefer someone from the community that I think have more knowldege and abilities to commentate IGAU, plus imo Ultradavid doesn't bring hype at all, contrary to many members from this community I saw on stream.
Perfect example in @9.95 . He didnt play at a high level but was an amazing commentator. Also it isnt up to anyone but the TO and sp00ky on who commentates. Ive heard ultra david do injustice commentary and I do have to say that he is a natural

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
You don't have to play a game competitively to have knowledge of the game at a high level. In fact, lots of top players have less knowledge than most mid level players, but they are stronger fundamentally so they do better.

DMS is not know as a strong competitive player, but he ends up commentating at most majors. Nobody cares how he does in tournament, all that matters is his knowledge and ability to commentate fluently.
Agreed, for instance I'm a F tier jobber scrub at this game but I'll be crushed by Trigon if I don't know a ton about it. The most important parts of being a commentator (from my time spent studying sport broadcasting) are knowing the game and being able to eloquently articulate what's happening on screen so as to make sure less knowledgeable viewers are able to understand what's going on

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I just wanted to point out that you operate great in a 3 man booth. I caught a few matches where Tom and 16 Bit were commentating, and you were interjecting by telling them about players they didn't know about, their characters, etc...
agreed. There were times listening that if I didn't know better I could've been convinced this was an actual commentary team. Good stuff from all 3

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I just wanted to point out that you operate great in a 3 man booth. I caught a few matches where Tom and 16 Bit were commentating, and you were interjecting by telling them about players they didn't know about, their characters, etc...
The benefits of being a stream monster :D

You don't have to play a game competitively to have knowledge of the game at a high level. In fact, lots of top players have less knowledge than most mid level players, but they are stronger fundamentally so they do better.

DMS is not know as a strong competitive player, but he ends up commentating at most majors. Nobody cares how he does in tournament, all that matters is his knowledge and ability to commentate fluently.
ultradavid got the commentating fundamentals. even though its better to see core community members doing the commentary

Repulsar

Noob
Damn this tournament seems to be one of the best if not the best so far...im torn between seeing 16 bit in the Grand Finals and SonicFox winning the whole thing with Joker!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I never liked the "if you're not a top player/strong competitor you shouldn't commentate". Anyone can study frame data and gain vast knowledge of the game without being able to actually use it practically for one reason or another. Hell, look at pro sports commentators, they do play by play and break down plays and most of them haven't seen day one on the field.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
BTW contrary to popular belief, UltraDavid actually plays IGAU casually and keeps tabs on our scene. He was hype for the Batman mirror that was suppose to happen. With that said, I really don't give a damn who commentates the matches. I want the Injustice crowd to actually spectate the top 8 and bring some hype instead of casually clapping and silence. Show the Capcom community what we can really bring ;p

Also, I have a new found respect for Devil May Spy. That guy helped keep that tournament together when it was on the cusp of falling to pieces. Not to mention bringing hype matches to the stream.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
With that said, I really don't give a damn who commentates the matches. I want the Injustice crowd to actually spectate the top 8 and bring some hype instead of casually clapping and silence. Show the Capcom community what we can really bring ;p

It's harder for us because a lot of that hype comes from "big moments" of (X-factor/Ultra) comebacks. Comeback mechanics instantly add excitement because a game you were down huge in is suddenly close. The Injustice viewing is much more streamlined, we just get solid play and, every now and then, we got extremely close matches. Most of our hype comes from rivalries, upsets, and the like.