What's new

Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread

had to look twice on that first vanille pic lol. awesome. i hope yukile fay (samus) does lightning cosplay.

I do not remember that fight very well, but i think i used Light/Fang/Snow. May have used a summon towards the middle of it to reset the battle, then try to build more Tech Points during the fight for that extra renew at the end. Heal with Light/Snow Provoke with Fang while you build meter with Light/Snow. I believe you need to use ruin on it because its a flying enemy.

FF13 new Sazh Combos:

BOSSETTE

Noob
Nice vids, Check. :)

And yeah, I'm probably just gonna have to go back and train before fighting Dahaka again.
I was looking at some videos of people fighting this boss, and they were at least above 3k health for each person and I'm not. -_-

Taejins Tower is a good place to level. Over 3000 HP sounds about where you should be.

And what team are you using? Para-Setups? Weapons/Accesories Upgraded?

BOSSETTE

Noob
So I realized that I screwed up, because I didn't really do any of the missions in Gran Pulse...
Sigh, it'll take me a while to get past Dahaka.
And I had Snow, Vanille, and Sazh.
I remember using the paradigms, Guerilla alot and then switching to Solidarity when needing to heal.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So I realized that I screwed up, because I didn't really do any of the missions in Gran Pulse...
I remember using the paradigms, Guerilla alot and then switching to Solidarity when needing to heal.
Wow no leveling up? Ok well try this

This should be about where you are without leveling up so you should be able to work it like this guy does in the video

Whats your Hp with fang, lightning and hope?

I recently noticed Fang by far has the most strength in my party

I'm doing missions in pulse and tower so i'll be head to this boss soon

Id lose Vanille and Sazh for this fight and just stick to Fang Light Snow, just alternate between SEN with Fang and Snow with building meter with Light. Heal respectivly with light when needed, along with Renews of course, and plenty of phoenix downs. Vanille is too weak to stay alive during the fight and Sazh is too slow. Fang Light Snow hit hard and stay alive.

To be honest, this fight shouldnt be all that difficult, but i guess it wouldnt hurt to level up in Taejin Tower for a bit.

You dont need to do missions, the only accesories i ever used were platinum bangles on Fang Snow, and warrior wrists and Glade upgraded with Light.

Sorry, dont know how else to help ya. ;( good luck bossy <3

BOSSETTE

Noob
Sooo, I finally beat Dahaka. :p
I just went back in the Taejin Tower and leveled up - which helped A LOT.
...Used Snow/Lightning/Vanille
-Relentless Assault
-Tri-disaster
-Diversity
-Combat Clinic

I got 0 stars though, lol oh well.

Awesome job, Boss. Did you record it? Would love to see a vid of you playing some FF.

Good luck beating Proud-Clad aka Metroid Prime in chapter 12. Gave me way more problems then Dahaka.

more ff vids soon. needed a huge break from that game before i completly forgot about MK/AA.

BOSSETTE

Noob
Awesome job, Boss. Did you record it? Would love to see a vid of you playing some FF.

Good luck beating Proud-Clad aka Metroid Prime in chapter 12. Gave me way more problems then Dahaka.

more ff vids soon. needed a huge break from that game before i completly forgot about MK/AA.
No, I should have though. Except the quality would have been horrible.
Oh boy, even the name of that boss sounds intimidating. -_-

Pig Of The Hut

hey guys ive done 16 missions in pulse - is this neccessary to keep doing them or not? How much leveling up do i need to be for rest of game?

Beating that huge bosses in pulse are cool though

Everyone is 3200-3400 HP except HOPE who is 2200 HP - weak ass

I havnt hit tower yet - just been playing around doing missions in pulse

BOSSETTE

Noob
Are you talking about the huge turtle things?
If you're already able to beat them in Gran Pulse, I think you've done enough leveling up. At least I think so, lol.
I'm on Chapter 12, and I have to fight the huge turtle things but I'm trying to get everyone's special move first - like Vanille's "Death."

Pig Of The Hut

I cant beat them or those Giant Green Cactus retards.... those are the only two i cant beat. Whats this special "Death" you speak of and how do you get it?

whats your HPs please? :)

BOSSETTE

Noob
I cant beat them or those Giant Green Cactus retards.... those are the only two i cant beat. Whats this special "Death" you speak of and how do you get it?

whats your HPs please? :)
Omg, that stupid cactus I swear... lol.
I'm assuming that after you beat the game you're supposed to go back and finish things that you couldn't have earlier?
Hopefully, because those turtle things were guarding a lot of treasures that you'll need to get in order to get the Treasure Trophy.
Death is an ability that Vanille gets later on the crystarium. Vanille is able to kill an enemy in one hit, or if it doesn't work she just deals damage.
Everyone else gets their move on a certain role when you reach level 9 on the crystarium:
Lightning - Rav
Fang - Com
Vanille - Sab
Snow - Com (or Rav, I forget)
Sazh - Rav
Hope - Rav

And here are their moves:

Edit: And my hp's are all above 4K, except for Hope who is at 3K something.

BOSSETTE

Noob
So how goes the struggle, boss. Any news?
Surprisingly, I was actually able to beat Proud-Clad easier than Dahaka. I dunno why.
Now I'm just training and trying to get everyone's special move before moving further into Chapter 12. :)

Surprisingly, I was actually able to beat Proud-Clad easier than Dahaka. I dunno why.
Now I'm just training and trying to get everyone's special move before moving further into Chapter 12.] :)
keep moving :D you aint fucked with the metroid prime version yet :p