What's new

Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread

BOSSETTE

Noob
Discuss about the game here.

So far, I love it. :D

And I love Lightning. <3

The new battle system is different (obviously) but I like the new paradigm thing and I like that after each battle you completely heal.

Final Fantasy 13ossette

Yea, theyve really worked on the battle system to make it flow much faster. At times its too fast, but im not complaining. Free action Items is a big plus, Paradigms as you mentioned are great and help keep the pace the battles going without having waste a turn to heal or guard etc. Very good shit so far.

Heres a video i uploaded of one of the first bosses:

Currently, i just beat the Shiva Sisters and am on Chapter 4. Gonna go get started on it now.

As for people complaining its linear, the worlds are so immerse and the game is completly story-driven, so i find those claims to be nonsense. Square did a fantastic job on balancing between all 3.

Damn, crystal beat me here before i could say thank you to her for calming me the fuck down after the first 5 minutes of the game. I havent felt that in a loooooong time from a game. the ff7 demo being the last time i recall.

crystal - im ok now. just the occasional goosebumps.

crystalcage

Top Contributor
Damn, crystal beat me here before i could say thank you to her for calming me the fuck down after the first 5 minutes of the game. I havent felt that in a loooooong time from a game. the ff7 demo being the last time i recall.

crystal - im ok now. just the occasional goosebumps.
good to hear!

I'm playing right now... YAY!

crystalcage

Top Contributor
If he gets punched in the face 1 more f'ing time .....

OMG Check, I think I "quit" the same place you did yesterday. F this game, I'm watching Dog The Bounty Hunter

To be continued...

BOSSETTE

Noob
So far, the only thing I don't like about this game (it's nothing big though) is that when you get to a save spot. Sometimes I get stuck and I have to wiggle the joystick around a lottt to finally get around it -_-

crystalcage

Top Contributor
So far, the only thing I don't like about this game (it's nothing big though) is that when you get to a save spot. Sometimes I get stuck and I have to wiggle the joystick around a lottt to finally get around it -_-
I'd blame the ps3 before I'd blame the game for that :suckit: LOL

I'd blame the ps3 before I'd blame the game for that :suckit: LOL
This is true, Bossette. I dont have any kind of problem like that.

crystal - gotta learn those paradigms. thats the key to beating that 2nd warmech.

im in chapter 4 fighting this boss that im guessing is in the closing parts of the chapter. its a 2 part boss. beat the first part, got it paused at the moment, not as hard though, but the enemies are fucking tough as shit in chapter 4. again, you need learn paradigms in order to survive. chapter 4 is all about using synergist role with sazh to build strength and defense for your party, because attacks do shit damage. then mixing in some medic later on in the chapter ( and boss im on )

id have to say my favorite 2 characters are hope and lightning atm.

and bossette - that picture of lightning on the first post is so fucking sick. seriously.

BOSSETTE

Noob
This is true, Bossette. I dont have any kind of problem like that.

crystal - gotta learn those paradigms. thats the key to beating that 2nd warmech.

im in chapter 4 fighting this boss that im guessing is in the closing parts of the chapter. its a 2 part boss. beat the first part, got it paused at the moment, not as hard though, but the enemies are fucking tough as shit in chapter 4. again, you need learn paradigms in order to survive. chapter 4 is all about using synergist role with sazh to build strength and defense for your party, because attacks do shit damage. then mixing in some medic later on in the chapter ( and boss im on )

id have to say my favorite 2 characters are hope and lightning atm.

and bossette - that picture of lightning on the first post is so fucking sick. seriously.
maybe it's just me then -_-

and i know right? i love that picture. her and fang are so sick <3
haha and i barely started the game yesterday, i havent fought a boss yet.

When i saw it, i was like WTF. Where did you get it?

The scary part is, youll be so far into the game and still have things to learn. Like just now, i beat that boss and now Weapon Customization is available. (If you read the instruction book, youll know this exists already; youll find them at save points)

So note to all players: DO NOT sell anything in your inventory. Those are all parts you use later to build weapons. Even dismantling equipment with leave components available for customization. So yea, dont sell any of it.

BOSSETTE

Noob
When i saw it, i was like WTF. Where did you get it?

The scary part is, youll be so far into the game and still have things to learn. Like just now, i beat that boss and now Weapon Customization is available. (If you read the instruction book, youll know this exists already; youll find them at save points)

So note to all players: DO NOT sell anything in your inventory. Those are all parts you use later to build weapons. Even dismantling equipment with leave components available for customization. So yea, dont sell any of it.
Haha, I just found it on Google. :)
And ohhh, I was wondering when we'd get to customize weapons.
Good thing I haven't sold anything yet. ;)

crystalcage

Top Contributor
From what I heard, that all comes after or in Chapter 4. Customizations and things.

Check: I know :( I get so close, the damn thing flashes red and everything and then I hear this "I can't.... stop.... now" and I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I'll get it, I just need to flip from 1st attack to 3rd attack (with the medic) faster!

if either of you need anything, let me know. i has the official hardcover how to be a pro nerd guide ;)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I want to try the game but everyone is so negative about it...

You guys seem to be having fun though, is it worth it?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Haven't played it much, seems pretty fun though. The graphics and cut scenes are great though.

crystalcage

Top Contributor
TIP: in Chapter 3 when battling the 1st Warmech, don't be an idiot like me and try to blast through it all fast flipping from relentless attack to solidarity to diversity in a span of 15 seconds.

Had I went a bit sloooweeeeeeerrrrr with the attacks I would have passed this part easier.

>.<

moving right along...

Heres my second video for Final Fantasy 13

This video was recorded in response to crystal's post yesterday about having trouble with the warmech. After watching my video, she immediatly defeated the warmech and made the post you see above mine.

If anyone else needs any help, please feel free to post here and ill get right on it. I have every savestate available to go back and record if i need to.

Wonderchef and Juggernaut - I strongly recommend you do.

later

Gauge Canceling:

This is a cool glitch ive found that could really speed the pace of the matches up for you.

1) Build your ATB meter on one of the paradigms and do your attacks

2) Rebuild your ATB meter with however many attacks you want. (I use 1 attack real quick just so get to step 3 quicker)

3) Select a different paradigm and your ATB meter will be instantly refilled back to the top.

After step 3, simply do step 2 again.

High Level shit right there