What's new

Fighting Game Community Attitudes

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Incorrect. Maybe you meant the randoms you fight online who use Supergirl.
nah, i was most definitely referring to the supergirl players on TYM, my training partners online are chill as fuck and know how to recognise their own mistakes when they lose rather than blaming their character

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
nah, i was most definitely referring to the supergirl players on TYM, my training partners online are chill as fuck and know how to recognise their own mistakes when they lose rather than blaming their character
You have played every single Supergirl on TYM? Damn, I don't remember playing you.

Israel

Noob
Scrubs, huh? Maybe, but I've seen people online who I really admire (don't wanna give any names) go on mini tirades on how they lost to said guy who has no skill, yada yada. When I look at those fights, in my mind as much as I may admire them, I'm saying "he may have no skill but he still beat you."
When you play fighting games long enough, you'll notice that the better player does not always win.

This sums up everything your concerned about. Some players rants aren't always wrong, A lot of times they're justifiable. You just have to play fighting games long enough to understand.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When you play fighting games long enough, you'll notice that the better player does not always win.

This sums up everything your concerned about. Some players rants aren't always wrong, A lot of times they're justifiable. You just have to play fighting games long enough to understand.
Nah this is still a scrub mentality.

If I get beat by someone doing random shit that's my fault. If I can't get past a bad matchup and haven't prepped a backup that's my fault. Blaming anything other than yourself for losses will stunt your growth as a player faster than anything else.

If someone beats you they are the better player in that specific set. Granted if I somehow beat Sonicfox I wouldn't be a better player than him, but it would have been his fault that he lost.

God Confirm

You have played every single Supergirl on TYM? Damn, I don't remember playing you.
i dont remember you ever visiting australia

im just mainly referring to the ones that come on here and whine nonstop about their character tho

you know who im talking about . i dont think we need to spell this out lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
so if i win a bunch of games with a character by zoning, say to myself wow this felt skillfree as fuck and boring to me, you know what im going to play someone with a more fast paced playstyle who isn't a high tier either so that i know this game will remain challenging for myself to hold my interest - that makes me a scrub?
Umm, no...?

By this logic anyone who doesn't play BA or at least
You misread 2 line quote. Key phrase is "rules the game know nothing about " that is, "floor is lava " rules like "no using moves more than 4 times in a row ". Inventing an obstacle for oneself that has nothing to do with the game

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
i dont remember you ever visiting australia

im just mainly referring to the ones that come on here and whine nonstop about their character tho

you know who im talking about . i dont think we need to spell this out lol
Apparently I do need to spell it out. You're generalizing. Labeling an entire community as something because of the actions of a few.

God Confirm

If I get beat by someone doing random shit that's my fault. If I can't get past a bad matchup and haven't prepped a backup that's my fault. Blaming anything other than yourself for losses will stunt your growth as a player faster than anything else.

If someone beats you they are the better player in that specific set. Granted if I somehow beat Sonicfox I wouldn't be a better player than him, but it would have been his fault that he lost.
yeah im pretty sure its EXACTLY the scrub mentality we are all talking about lol. Where you lose, but for some reason its not because you got outplayed lol

Israel

Noob

Yea but a lot of times it depends on how you lost. How you lost, can determine who or what you take your frustration out on. This may be an over exagerrated example but lets say:

You play Character A, who has to land 10 hits to win. And i play Character B, who has to land 2 hits to win. You get 9 hits off me while I luck out and land 2 hits in the last seconds. You made great reads...math..downloading of the opponent..only to fall to me because the game says that my character only has to land 2 while you have to land 10. Tell me..after 10 games of us playing and this happens each game, you mean to tell me you wont go on a rant about either me or the game?

Lets be serious, we all do it. Thats why i said some rants aren't always wrong, some are justifiable.

God Confirm

Jokes aside, I don't think any character is "actual trash" in Injustice 2.
dont make the mistake of thinking that because you overexaggerate your characters flaws that none of the other characters are bad either

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
To this I agree somewhat. Joker has a general set of good and effective tools. The problem is that way too many characters have what has but it's stronger. I truly don't think anyone could truly understand a struggle for a low tier character unless you actually main one.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yea but a lot of times it depends on how you lost. How you lost, can determine who or what you take your frustration out on. This may be an over exagerrated example but lets say:

You play Character A, who has to land 10 hits to win. And i play Character B, who has to land 2 hits to win. You get 9 hits off me while I luck out and land 2 hits in the last seconds. You made great reads...math..downloading of the opponent..only to fall to me because the game says that my character only has to land 2 while you have to land 10. Tell me..after 10 games of us playing and this happens each game, you mean to tell me you wont go on a rant about either me or the game?

Lets be serious, we all do it. Thats why i said some rants aren't always wrong, some are justifiable.
Unless I could not pick Character B then no it is still 100% on me. You need to know going in if a matchup is that bad or not and if it is you need to have a backup. If you don't then you are purposefully putting yourself at a disadvantage. Ranting about how good character B is is still a scrub mentality. Either I choose to buckle down and play the bad MU, or I learn that character so we are on a level playing field.

And sure I have ranted before, but that's just salt. At the end of the day the loss is always on the player with very few exceptions.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
dont make the mistake of thinking that because you overexaggerate your characters flaws that none of the other characters are bad either

Brainiac and Swamp Thing should basically be free wins for the majority of the cast unless the player is at serious level of skill above you
I don't over exaggerate anything. You must be confused.

Apparently you can see the future, and know every single matchup and exactly how good or bad every character is, my mistake. You must be super godlike with all this knowledge.

Y'know, I know I'm new to fighting games but that being said I gotta wholeheartedly agree with this.

I used to think certain characters were garbage when I first saw this game, characters such as Poison Ivy, Bane, Swamp Thing and Joker to name a few. But after I saw some people main them and figured out their strengths, I was impressed as all out. I used to think Deadshot couldn't be conquered but I've seen him get beaten handily by some of these characters.

Yeah, in my humble (noob) opinion, I gotta agree with @Juggs on this one.

God Confirm

this just seems like exactly what people are talking about by self imposed rules and then blaming the game rather then your own choices. Each character plays different and has different strengths. It was your choice to pick whichever character you choose, if you percieve yours to be at a disadvantage then its fine to still pick that one, but to then blame this as the reason you lost is kinda scrubby. You weren't locked out from anything at the selection screen unless you didnt buy the dlc or something

To this I agree somewhat. Joker has a general set of good and effective tools. The problem is that way too many characters have what has but it's stronger. I truly don't think anyone could truly understand a struggle for a low tier character unless you actually main one.
I'm sure this is true to some extent but as SonicFox has shown us, with patience and understanding strengths and weaknesses, even Joker can handily take out a so-called top-tier character like Batman himself.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Salt is all about keeping perspective mates. On a good day I'll be down 30 matches wondering what I need to be doing better, on worse days I'll lose a couple and bitch about a mid tier character.

I think a lot of the salt you see, is people just playing the game like you would many games as a way to relax or escape. When you get bodied and stressed out when you want to be having fun bodying you get pissed. At least that's been my experience. If I'm just not in a good mood I'll avoid playing competitive games or game modes.

The way I look at it, I play to have fun, and the most fun is achieved when I'm playing at a high level, and I can work towards that by having constructive perspective on my losses.