What's new

FGC Trends

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
-Dr. Seuss
If you're using this to support your point then the irony in it is actually fucking incredible.

Like I don't know if your actually using it to help your cause because it's actually too ironic that you are

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I was saying buff and nerf because of Bnet in broodwar release days, so those are some old man terms. I was told at the time nerf was because of nerf guns being harmless, but that may be internet nonsense.

uncle beezy I say question mark in real life now sometimes and that's all thanks to you, bill, savage, and godlike have all made it into my everyday from this site too over the years

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I was saying buff and nerf because of Bnet in broodwar release days, so those are some old man terms. I was told at the time nerf was because of nerf guns being harmless, but that may be internet nonsense.
I actually think that's correct. I was thinking of the early MMOs like EverQuest but yeah.. I'm pretty sure that was knocking about in Broodwar days.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Pop off, get bodied, get your back blown out (which literally manifested as a Jacqui Briggs Fatality) "let's not stand on ceremony" was another 16bit saying that somewhat took. Downplay, Broke(n), Potato, Only a real master, salty runback, probably more I'm forgetting.

A lot of that might be unique to us (NRS fans) though back when TYM felt more cohesive.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
One I remember from the MK9 days is LBSH: let's be serious here. I am hazy on the details of how it started. Perhaps someone with better memory may enter the thread and elaborate further?
First off, HELLOOOOOOO! :)

Second, Uncle JBeezY has been noticing a trend where people use abbreviations for phrases in general and THAT shit kinda gets annoying because kids expect you to know what it is. I'm old school, damnit. WE SPELL THE WHOLE WORD!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Second, Uncle JBeezY has been noticing a trend where people use abbreviations for phrases in general and THAT shit kinda gets annoying because kids expect you to know what it is. I'm old school, damnit. WE SPELL THE WHOLE WORD!
What is JBeezy an abbreviation for? :cool:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.

lqtm

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I use the term “free” a lot outside of the FGC. And NO ONE knows what I mean. I gotta stop doing that, but the term applies so well to many things.

The trend I have a love/hate with is the screaming during matches. Like, if it’s a close match, people (including cetain commentators) will screech. Sometimes it’s funny, other times it’s straight up annoying. Like when Yipes does it it’s fine because he kinda started it, but everyone else.. pls stop, thx.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Application of the term "Option Select" to real life situations where one covers all of their bases or checks all of the available boxes. It's a brilliant term to apply to many RL scenarios, except that I have to spend 20 minutes explaining what an option select is to people who don't play fighting games, more often than not unsuccessfully.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I use the term “free” a lot outside of the FGC. And NO ONE knows what I mean. I gotta stop doing that, but the term applies so well to many things.

The trend I have a love/hate with is the screaming during matches. Like, if it’s a close match, people (including cetain commentators) will screech. Sometimes it’s funny, other times it’s straight up annoying. Like when Yipes does it it’s fine because he kinda started it, but everyone else.. pls stop, thx.
I agree with you on all points except to add that while Yipes can get away with doing it, it's still not funny. It's just a new level worse when people try to imitate it. I think it's the young audience who this appeals to cause I've never seen someone past that age 21 find it anything other than cringey and dumb

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I agree with you on all points except to add that while Yipes can get away with doing it, it's still not funny. It's just a new level worse when people try to imitate it. I think it's the young audience who this appeals to cause I've never seen someone past that age 21 find it anything other than cringey and dumb
Yeah honestly I never have laughed it, now that I think about it. I’d rather not anyone do it tbh, but I guess some others like it so idk. The only person who I find it even remotely tolerable is when Yipes does it, I guess that’s what I meant.

Lets be serious here, Tom Brady and 16Bit were the biggest memers i can remember from OG tym days.
Everything those two did was so quotable. Maybe REO too, but we're in the meme dark ages nowadays.