What's new

FGC Trends

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Here's an interesting topic to chat about today.

Ever since Uncle JBeezY has been here, I've learned in the FGC these trends. Y'all use the term "Godlike" in your everyday lingo, and put God in ur nicknames. Hmmmm...*thinks*...HookgangGod, LowTierGod, etc etc.

What are other trends that are in the FGC. Should there be one that should be trending or one that should just go away completely ?Question mark?

Let's discuss. :l:qtl:cool::qtr:r

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
The weird swap from something being OP (overpowered) to OD (overdose apparently) that kinda popped up.

And my favorite one, is the witch-hunt that ensues whenever a character wins something. It's not always unwarranted either, but it's funny that there can be relative silence about a character for months, then they take a win at a major, or there's some extremely dominating performance by a player, and all of a sudden, it's the new trend to talk about how braindead and op they are, blah blah.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The weird swap from something being OP (overpowered) to OD (overdose apparently) that kinda popped up.

And my favorite one, is the witch-hunt that ensues whenever a character wins something. It's not always unwarranted either, but it's funny that there can be relative silence about a character for months, then they take a win at a major, or there's some extremely dominating performance by a player, and all of a sudden, it's the new trend to talk about how braindead and op they are, blah blah.
I never knew what OD meant being used in the FGC so i always thought that term was odd but aight....kids lol.

And to your second point, that just shows how lazy people's mindsets are. Everybody just wants to go to the character they think is OP and not touch anybody else. But until a great player uses one and make them great, they're a trend just like you mention. I agree, sir :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Whats this "Bill" you speak of???
"Bill" its a word TYM used to describe false propaganda of something that is highly rated as being too good when its actually just trash.

The term came to discredit players often saying character X or Y is good, tech X or Y is good, like MK9 Kano being top 5 propaganda was often known as a "bills of good" kind of thing or the Infamous "Shoryuken Prison from Sub-Zero in MK9 which Tom Brady debunked as being trash.

I dunno why "bill" was the name for it, but its important to notice that "Bill" is also the name of Tom Brady which his real name is "Bill Menoutis"

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I started using the word Tier to describe just about everything in my life, "Brocolli is a god tier vegetable."

Is lots of people complaining about people playing top tier characters while simultaneously playing top tier characters a trend? Or downplaying?

UGL Preon

The Casual God
"Bill" its a word TYM used to describe false propaganda of something that is highly rated as being too good when its actually just trash.

The term came to discredit players often saying character X or Y is good, tech X or Y is good, like MK9 Kano being top 5 propaganda was often known as a "bills of good" kind of thing or the Infamous "Shoryuken Prison from Sub-Zero in MK9 which Tom Brady debunked as being trash.

I dunno why "bill" was the name for it, but its important to notice that "Bill" is also the name of Tom Brady which his real name is "Bill Menoutis"
"It was a Bill of goods. Not the goods itself." The expression "Sell someone a bill of goods". Selling you on that propaganda, people buy in.