What's new

FGC Trends

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Lets be serious here, Tom Brady and 16Bit were the biggest memers i can remember from OG tym days.
Everything those two did was so quotable. Maybe REO too, but we're in the meme dark ages nowadays.
THATS ANOTHER THING I've noticed FGC uses....the word MEME to describe situations. Like...does that mean its considered a joke?

THATS ANOTHER THING I've noticed FGC uses....the word MEME to describe situations. Like...does that mean its considered a joke?
The word meme is used in most social circles on the internet and is bleeding into irl as well.
Describing exactly what a meme is would require too much work, but it was coined many years ago by Richard Dawkins I believe, to describe things that entered the social consciousness.

tldr: describing a meme as a joke is not wholly accurate.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The word meme is used in most social circles on the internet and is bleeding into irl as well.
Describing exactly what a meme is would require too much work, but it was coined many years ago by Richard Dawkins I believe, to describe things that entered the social consciousness.

tldr: describing a meme as a joke is not wholly accurate.
Sooo basically you would describe...lets say Dan from Street Fighter as a meme character?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I use the word meme to describe stuff

Like my latest status is a meme status.

77% of the comments I post are meme statusi

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Sooo basically you would describe...lets say Dan from Street Fighter as a meme character?
Well, what meme actually means is basically a specific item, idea, behavior, etc of a culture that spreads from one person to another. So by that definition, any character is a meme character so long as they achieve cultural relevance. Even sub-cultural relevance. Dan being a joke character has little to do with him actually being a meme.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Application of the term "Option Select" to real life situations where one covers all of their bases or checks all of the available boxes. It's a brilliant term to apply to many RL scenarios, except that I have to spend 20 minutes explaining what an option select is to people who don't play fighting games, more often than not unsuccessfully.
Dude it's so good, everyone should know what that term means as theres no good way to describe it otherwise, in English anyway.

Godlike is my favorite, it's godlike. No explanation required for the plebs either.

Other ones you see are Mopped/Bodied/Wrecked, Flowchart and RIP(rymes with Yip).