What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I have no idea how y'all are doing it, but full auto jackie online is hell for F/T, like I did the walk duck, walk duck, over and over and when i got close it's jsut eat missles or something i dunno. and I'd try blocking and throwing my low projectilce from vicious she could recover in time to block and shoot me.

boy... she is miserable to play against.

also i was called the n word the entire time over his kinetic. :|

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
Oh she's definitely a paIn.
It be nice if the damn bullets acted like a projectile so ferra could eat them.

The only sure way online I've got so far is to make them respect bowl girl. send Farra directly after the last bullet wiffs, this will trade With the first bullet (sometimes the second too id bowl girl was a little slow) of her Hand cannon.
we'll trade 9% for 2-4%.
eventually they will learn they can't keep accepting the trade and will either try to get in or try to read your bowl girl and jump, here you can add ferra toss into the mix and catch them while jumping, or use the time to get in closer.
Just watch Jacqui's meter for ex.

Last edited:

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
Also this MU becomes easier if your able to pick a stage like Lin kuei temple. Lots of things to jump off of and get across full screen

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you do jump off of things, use his j.1 instead of his j.2. It reaches better horizontally which what you want, and its faster.

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
If you do jump off of things, use his j.1 instead of his j.2. It reaches better horizontally which what you want, and its faster.
Yeah j.1 is ridiculously good, catches lots of back dashes, whiffs, or if you jump projectile. Usually follow up f2 connects no matter how far you hit the j.1 from.

unicorn

Noob
Speaking about j1, I do not know how much it is know, but Big/Boss have "secret" move of jb1. If inputed correctly, it is superfast instant mid that is supereasy to hitcheck (do to long hitstun/hit animation) and can be followd by basically anything up to 15f, because it seems to hit on later active frames pretty consistently. Or it is more that official +13...
I found this to work pretty well mainly as meaty after for example 2b4; also mostconsistent input (at least for me) is b~ub+1

corrected hit level

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Speaking about j1, I do not know how much it is know, but Big/Boss have "secret" move of jb1. If inputed correctly, it is superfast instant overhead that is supereasy to hitcheck (do to long hitstun/hit animation) and can be followd by basically anything up to 15f, because it seems to hit on later active frames pretty consistently. Or it is more that official +13...
I found this to work pretty well as meaty; also mostconsistent input (at least for me) is b~ub+1
Its not an overhead on the way up, so if you mean the shorthop f.1, that hits as a mid.

unicorn

Noob
oh right, my bad. yes, mid. Sorry for mistake, corrected.
Anyway it is about 0 on guard, so at leats from my experience works as meaty after like 2b4 pretty well

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I mean if you get fast enough its a great tool. You can link like 3 of them in the corner after a n.j.2.
Its stupid fast and the reach and stagger will let you get some dirty stuff off (max range f.2 into d.2 d.1 full combo conversions, for example)

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Okay so I got the game on launch and focused mainly on my old MK9 favorites only to realize I hate the way they all play now. I've been using Itchy & Scratchy here for the past few days and I finally got the *click* but I'm like... hilariously behind.

Is there like a quick consolidation of everything I need to watch out for? Like, I feel like I've got a decent handle on what makes this character hilarious that I won't go into because I have a feeling the bandwagon is gonna come around but I'm not super well-versed in the rest of the cast so what am I going to need to look out for in a big way? Besides hard-zoning in Lackey.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
In Vicious, why does the command grab sometimes not have you manually input the stabs? It'll do a less damaging one that you just input. Maybe it's directional? Idk can't test it rn

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
In Vicious, why does the command grab sometimes not have you manually input the stabs? It'll do a less damaging one that you just input. Maybe it's directional? Idk can't test it rn
If you do a wakeup command grab in Vicious, it'll be the Ruthless command grab. That should be the only situation where you don't get the "Little Kutter" command grab in Vicious.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
If you do a wakeup command grab in Vicious, it'll be the Ruthless command grab. That should be the only situation where you don't get the "Little Kutter" command grab in Vicious.
Oh ok. The only thing that prevents me from wanting to play F/T seroiusly is the lack of a punish in Vicious. Basically just 2 xx bf4 most of the time.

Action

Noob
Still getting acclimated to the duo. My MK instincts are pretty dead right now. Wondering what kinda wake-up options you guys have been using with Vicious? It's only been a night, but I was floundering pretty hard.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Still getting acclimated to the duo. My MK instincts are pretty dead right now. Wondering what kinda wake-up options you guys have been using with Vicious? It's only been a night, but I was floundering pretty hard.
I feel that only charge and grab are really useful on wakeups in traditional situations. They both have their obvious uses, but both are pretty bad against jumps, depending on your opponent and particular KD, I suppose.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So being new to F/T and and all that, what are you guys using for Vicious footsies? Been whoring out njp, f32 and b121 a lot.